Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proctored exam required to complete ALEKS???
I'm working on a BSAST at TESC & need to complete pre-calc. I plan on using ALEKS, but not sure if there would be a proctored exam required in order to gain credit..?. ALEKS and TESC have both said "no", but that just doesn't seem right. Most colleges require some sort of proctored exam before they give credit for ALEKS. Any thoughts?
What you were told is correct. I understand your surprise as the CC I attended also has a relationship with ALEKS. But in this regard we are working direct with Aleks as independent students. The coursework is completed online, once you've assessed 70% or better on the exam you request action from ACE. Once the course has transferred to your ACE account you then order an ACE transcript sent to TESC. Seamless process.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:What you were told is correct. I understand your surprise as the CC I attended also has a relationship with ALEKS. But in this regard we are working direct with Aleks as independent students. The coursework is completed online, once you've assessed 70% or better on the exam you request action from ACE. Once the course has transferred to your ACE account you then order an ACE transcript sent to TESC. Seamless process.

:iagree:

BB is right on track with this.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
no proctored exam for aleks
Set yourself goals, not limitations
I finished ALEKS Beginning Algebra and got gredit for it from TESC with no problem. I have since finished Intermediate algebra and am ~60 % in statistics. TESC will take them with no proctored exam.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,276 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,854 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
  Anyone complete any of these studies? (Mexican/Spanish Propios) bjcheung77 7 1,080 09-20-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Average time to complete a Mechanical Engineering Degree soliloquy 8 7,114 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 958 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 677 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  Where is best place to get required immunization for nursing degree martingale2023 16 1,430 03-18-2023, 12:07 AM
Last Post: Silvious
  Tired of WGU proctoring - non-proctored alternatives zadaea 14 11,402 09-08-2022, 04:08 PM
Last Post: AwardTour
  Intel’s 12th Gen CPU can’t handle the Bar exam bluebooger 3 919 07-16-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,189 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry