Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Professors aren't always right
(02-09-2018, 12:25 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Fun fact: San Francisco is a city and also it's own county.   Tongue

So is the state capitol of Nevada - Carson City.  Big Grin
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019
(02-16-2018, 07:35 PM)Nodaclu Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 12:25 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Fun fact: San Francisco is a city and also it's own county.   Tongue

Ah - but is it the only city in the county?  Because SF is.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-16-2018, 08:31 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Ah - but is it the only city in the county?  Because SF is.

Yep! Just like SF, the geographical boundaries of the city and county are identical.
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019

As is Dallas, TX.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(02-17-2018, 03:13 PM)Thorne Wrote:

As is Dallas, TX.

Wikipedia lists a bunch of other cities in Dallas County (10 full, and 18 cities with part of their city in Dallas County).
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-11-2018, 01:17 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 09:29 PM)mvk Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 10:21 PM)DavidHume Wrote: https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/austr....yj3wdjDa8

OMG .... This news is trending on Facebook .  

" Professor replaced after insisting Australia isn't  country "

What does "replaced" mean exactly?  Did they just put the student in a different course, or fire the teacher for being stupid (in which case they probably should have said "teacher fired").

The school's president sent out a letter to all of the students earlier this week confirming that the teacher is a goner. It basically said that the instructor was fully vetted and had a PhD in their field from a top-ranking university, so there was nothing to give them pause during the hiring process. They did say, however, that the decision to replace the instructor had more to do with how the teacher interacted with the student than anything else. 

I think the school is being very careful about how they categorize the instructor's departure for legal reasons. It's not uncommon for large employers to be sued when their fired employees claim their future prospects are ruined by public statements.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Pursuing BA in Communications at SNHU (Started July 2017)
☆CLEP☆ A&I Literature 68 | College Composition w Essay 73 | American Government 68 | US History I 72 | Social Science & History 61 | Information Systems 76 | Principles of Marketing 69 | Principles of Management 67 | Psychology 61 | Sociology 61 | Humanities 57 | Educational Psychology 70 | Biology 60 | Natural Science 72 | ☆DSST☆ Environmental Science 457 | Human Cultural Geography 466 | Principles of Supervision 435 | Introduction to Business 457 | Principles of Public Speaking 450/PASS
(02-17-2018, 10:00 PM)greencouch Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 01:17 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 09:29 PM)mvk Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 10:21 PM)DavidHume Wrote: https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/austr....yj3wdjDa8

OMG .... This news is trending on Facebook .  

" Professor replaced after insisting Australia isn't  country "

What does "replaced" mean exactly?  Did they just put the student in a different course, or fire the teacher for being stupid (in which case they probably should have said "teacher fired").

The school's president sent out a letter to all of the students earlier this week confirming that the teacher is a goner. It basically said that the instructor was fully vetted and had a PhD in their field from a top-ranking university, so there was nothing to give them pause during the hiring process. They did say, however, that the decision to replace the instructor had more to do with how the teacher interacted with the student than anything else. 

I think the school is being very careful about how they categorize the instructor's departure for legal reasons. It's not uncommon for large employers to be sued when their fired employees claim their future prospects are ruined by public statements.

That's great!  I'm glad when schools actually step up and get rid of people like this. It made the school look bad, they SHOULD have gotten rid of her.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • greencouch
Hahaha what? Big Grin
I work in highly niche work environment with people with PHds as the norm for being hired. I can safely say a PHd or MD or JD or any degree for that matter does not provide superhuman abilities. I have been shocked by some highly educated people in their lack of basic understanding of somethings. So yeah, being a professor does not equate to not being ignorant. When I was younger I would be impressed by educational credentials, not so much anymore as experience has shown me......everyone is clueless in some manner. Some people hide it better lol.
(02-17-2018, 10:00 PM)greencouch Wrote: The school's president sent out a letter to all of the students earlier this week confirming that the teacher is a goner. It basically said that the instructor was fully vetted and had a PhD in their field from a top-ranking university, so there was nothing to give them pause during the hiring process. They did say, however, that the decision to replace the instructor had more to do with how the teacher interacted with the student than anything else. 

Makes sense. Anyone can make a mistake, but to continue to bullheadedly insist on something so obviously non-factual and penalize a student just to save face is unacceptable.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • greencouch

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Rise of Colleges without Classes or Professors allvia 5 1,175 03-06-2019, 12:52 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Unfriendly professors STG 38 4,797 05-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Last Post: HorseManiac