Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purdue Global - wants payment before eval??
(12-20-2020, 04:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Correct, they said it's a deposit towards the enrollment fee.

I did attach his unofficial transcripts to the app, so they have those.  Not sure how to get his AWS cert over there, he has it on Acclaim (haha!! he knew about them before I ever did) - but I can't figure out how to get it there.  But at least I know how those credits will come in for him (55cr quarter).

It's just so lame - who in the world pays before getting an eval? That's nuts.  And it's not happening.  If she tries to push it again, I will have some serious words to say to her.

What degree is he going for? My husband is in the Analytics Excel Track and paid $0 to even stat classes. He did have his FAFSA completed and we had to submit additional documentation for that.
(12-20-2020, 04:44 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 04:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Correct, they said it's a deposit towards the enrollment fee.

I did attach his unofficial transcripts to the app, so they have those.  Not sure how to get his AWS cert over there, he has it on Acclaim (haha!! he knew about them before I ever did) - but I can't figure out how to get it there.  But at least I know how those credits will come in for him (55cr quarter).

It's just so lame - who in the world pays before getting an eval? That's nuts.  And it's not happening.  If she tries to push it again, I will have some serious words to say to her.

What degree is he going for? My husband is in the Analytics Excel Track and paid $0 to even stat classes. He did have his FAFSA completed and we had to submit additional documentation for that.

Cloud ExcelTrack.  He isn't filling out the FAFSA, it's self-pay with Employer Reimbursement - but that shouldn't make a difference in getting an eval.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-20-2020, 05:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 04:44 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Cloud ExcelTrack.  He isn't filling out the FAFSA, it's self-pay with Employer Reimbursement - but that shouldn't make a difference in getting an eval.

I wonder if that's why. They know with a FAFSA that the money will come from a student loan. Paying out of pocket and employer reimbursement doesn't guarantee them anything. Might be worth it to file the FAFSA anyway. Even if the loans aren't needed.
(12-20-2020, 08:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 05:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Cloud ExcelTrack.  He isn't filling out the FAFSA, it's self-pay with Employer Reimbursement - but that shouldn't make a difference in getting an eval.

I wonder if that's why.

Ha - I had a similar thought, but more in the vein of 'well, his employer is paying, so he probably won't be as cautious about expenses - let's get as much out of them as we can now!'
(12-20-2020, 08:33 PM)innen_oda Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 08:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 05:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Cloud ExcelTrack.  He isn't filling out the FAFSA, it's self-pay with Employer Reimbursement - but that shouldn't make a difference in getting an eval.

I wonder if that's why.

Ha - I had a similar thought, but more in the vein of 'well, his employer is paying, so he probably won't be as cautious about expenses - let's get as much out of them as we can now!'

Except that it's Reimbursement - meaning they won't give him money until he passes some courses.  So that's not going to work as a cash cow.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
With employer reimbursement usually you still have to pay the tuition up front. Maybe that's their concern without the FAFSA? I would just file it and see if that makes them happy. You don't have to accept any aid. Once the FAFSA is processed and they award the grants/loans, you have to manually go in and approve each one. He can decline them and pay the tuition bill himself by the tuition due date. Schools LOOOOOVE that damn FAFSA. It's like their version of crack.
(12-21-2020, 04:47 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Schools LOOOOOVE that damn FAFSA. It's like their version of crack.

As I understand it, each person is allocated a certain $ amount in their lifetime that, if they are sufficiently poor, they can use towards studies for a Bachelor degree? Or is it something not everyone is eligible for?
(12-21-2020, 05:16 PM)innen_oda Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 04:47 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Schools LOOOOOVE that damn FAFSA. It's like their version of crack.

As I understand it, each person is allocated a certain $ amount in their lifetime that, if they are sufficiently poor, they can use towards studies for a Bachelor degree? Or is it something not everyone is eligible for?
Not sure about lifetime, but their is a limit per year as far as loans go.

We aren't sufficiently poor.

There are federal and state grants which are income based. There's also federal and private student loans which are not income based. There are limits on the government programs, but private loans are a way around that. That's what med and law students do. I know doctors who owed well over $100,000 once they became doctors.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 49 7,484 04-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  For purdue global whats discrete mathematics like? purduestudent 2 242 02-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 751 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  What are UMass Global MyPath classes like? pluggingalong 14 3,490 12-01-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  umass global b20 9 1,808 10-05-2023, 11:01 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Perdue Global BSIT SD/Web pluggingalong 1 388 09-07-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Purdue Global BS IT Software Development projects pluggingalong 13 1,337 09-07-2023, 06:36 AM
Last Post: pluggingalong
  Purdue University Global - BA IT Bunch of Changes LevelUP 15 1,406 07-16-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Purdue Global Masters in IT -- certification credit walruspanda 3 986 04-18-2023, 12:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Purdue University Londinium7 14 2,803 11-03-2022, 11:16 AM
Last Post: ss20ts