Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putting a Plan in Action, Final Input Requested
(04-17-2019, 12:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: degreeguy, Happy Belated B-day (I read the last thread of yours, it was Friday the 12th - ain't we lucky it wasn't Friday the 13th...)   Anyways, I reviewed the spreadsheet dfrecore created for you.  You're just missing the AOS and a few courses that can be completed really quickly.   Which providers have you signed up for and what courses have you completed so far?  Have you signed up and paid for your Cornerstone at TESU yet?

degreeguy Wrote:To confirm, using Straighterline as an example - a passing grade is 70% or higher, anything over 70% will be sent over as 3 credits and simply go on as pass? 

I just finished up my first class and scored a 92%, but even if it was a 70%, it would make no difference? Kinda stinks if that is what it is, but I guess there isn't much I can do about it.

For all ACE/NCCRS credits, as long as you score 70% or higher, you get the recommended credit.  I still tell people not to slack off just in case.  It's better that you do well on your undergrad studies as it prepares you for the capstone course and grad school.

Thanks!

I've decided on Straighterline to start, and I'll use study.com for marketing courses later. If I can work through 7 courses a month on Straighterline, it works out to less than $500 for 21 credits. While tiresome, I believe it can be done, and knowing that I only need a 70%, that will make it that much easier. I prob wouldn't have studied as much for my first final, I came in with 650 points out of 700, only needed 50 for the pass, wound up getting 270.

The course was American Government - if you look at my CC transcripts, I actually take an interest on things covered there... It's nice to understand the nuances of govt. 

So I knocked that out. I took the two Sophia credits, I should have 27 transferring in from CC, that gets me to 32. 

I registered for the SOS 110 at TESU, which my understanding is a requirement(?), class begins in 3 weeks. I also need the Capstone from them as well, which I aim to register for by August (with the goal of December graduation). 

What is the AOS and what are these easy courses you mention?

In the meantime, trying to knock some things out that are required for the BSBA (marketing), up next is:

- Business Law
- Principles of Management
- (Most likely) Accounting 1 & 2

Outside of the marketing specific courses, I'm trying to go as quick as possible - I saw some courses on Straighterline that I figure should be quick and easy, just not sure how they apply. American History 1 & 2 (but I feel I have no more room on my transcripts for classes like that where the credits would be applicable), there was a class on nutrition, think I could do that in a day, another on anthropology, feels like I could do that in 2 days, environmental science (prob another 2 days), and another on religion (prob 2-3 days as well)... Those all feel quick and simple, just not sure how they apply to my degree?
For the easiest/fastest option, this is how you should do it.  Take all the FREE credits in the Wiki, that's 3 Sophia courses and the 3 TEEX courses, for 13 credits.  Then take the ALEKS courses for College Algebra and another ALEKS for Trigonometry for 6 credits, (not College Algebra & Trigonometry, it's a duplicate).  Do the CSMLearn course for 3 credits.

Setup your ACE account to get the CSMLearn/Sophia/TEEX courses transferred into ACE for credit banking.  My last suggestion would be to take some StraighterLine and Study.com courses to finish your degree.  I am attaching a degree plan for you, using all the courses that you have completed in green, courses you should do next in yellow and the courses last in red.

With the time frame you mentioned in the previous thread, I think you can complete the degree and graduate by December, I am hoping you can finish all the Yellow portion within a month and get started on the Red portion and should be able to complete the Red within another 5-6 weeks.  That gives you all the time you need for an easy Capstone course by itself.

BTW, The AOS is your Area of Study (Marketing).  I have included 1 LL and the rest are 5 UL courses.   You should have received a private message from my cousin with a Study.com referral yesterday, you should reply back to that PM but do not enroll in Study.com until you have completed the Yellow portion yet.

Note: The CSMLearn course fits into your Quantitative Literacy requirement, however; the BSBA requires a College Algebra and Stats course, you should take the College Algebra, and the Trigonometry course as it'll be only $20 for 6 credits.  You can take Business Stats with SL as it's the easiest/fastest course for individuals who are not strong with math.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BSBA Marketing 2019.xlsx (Size: 10.46 KB / Downloads: 22)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • degreeguy
(04-17-2019, 01:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For the easiest/fastest option, this is how you should do it.  Take all the FREE credits in the Wiki, that's 3 Sophia courses and the 3 TEEX courses, for 13 credits.  Then take the ALEKS courses for College Algebra and another ALEKS for Trigonometry for 6 credits, (not College Algebra & Trigonometry, it's a duplicate).  Do the CSMLearn course for 3 credits.

Setup your ACE account to get the CSMLearn/Sophia/TEEX courses transferred into ACE for credit banking.  My last suggestion would be to take some StraighterLine and Study.com courses to finish your degree.  I am attaching a degree plan for you, using all the courses that you have completed in green, courses you should do next in yellow and the courses last in red.

With the time frame you mentioned in the previous thread, I think you can complete the degree and graduate by December, I am hoping you can finish all the Yellow portion within a month and get started on the Red portion and should be able to complete the Red within another 5-6 weeks.  That gives you all the time you need for an easy Capstone course by itself.

BTW, The AOS is your Area of Study (Marketing).  I have included 1 LL and the rest are 5 UL courses.   You should have received a private message from my cousin with a Study.com referral yesterday, you should reply back to that PM but do not enroll in Study.com until you have completed the Yellow portion yet.

Note: The CSMLearn course fits into your Quantitative Literacy requirement, however; the BSBA requires a College Algebra and Stats course, you should take the College Algebra, and the Trigonometry course as it'll be only $20 for 6 credits.  You can take Business Stats with SL as it's the easiest/fastest course for individuals who are not strong with math.

Thanks, I was on Sophia and they only had 2 free courses for two credits, the TEEX courses had 3 for 2 credits each from what I found, so that was 8 in total. 

I went on CSMlearn.com just now, so that will get me 3 credits and cost $39? How long will it take? Are there any additional fees (transfer, proctor, etc.)? 

Looking at the Aleks membership, it is $19.95 for a month... Are there any additional fees (transfer, proctor, etc.)? Or I can pay the $19.95 and complete the Algebra/Trig courses within that month?
Your TEEX are 2 credits each? Did you take it before the recent changes?
Sophia has another course, Student Success, practically FREE and worth 1 free elective credit.
You should have received a $50 off next course coupon, and the course is $49. So... use it!

ALEKS/CSMLearn doesn't have a proctoring fee, it's all for $20 and $39 respectively.
You can complete all three within a month, along with your SL courses without issues.
You're putting a full day's work into it, every day, so I don't think it'll take long at all...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-17-2019, 03:49 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Your TEEX are 2 credits each? Did you take it before the recent changes?
Sophia has another course, Student Success, practically FREE and worth 1 free elective credit.  
You should have received a $50 off next course coupon, and the course is $49.  So... use it!

ALEKS/CSMLearn doesn't have a proctoring fee, it's all for $20 and $39 respectively.
You can complete all three within a month, along with your SL courses without issues.
You're putting a full day's work into it, every day, so I don't think it'll take long at all...

I haven't taken the TEEX credits yet, just the Sophia courses. 

I'll use the Sophia credit tonight and go through the Student Success course, thanks!
How do other sites compare to Straighterline with pass/fail?

Mainly study.com, but curious about others as well. With SL, there are numerous quizzes that make up about 70% of the grade and a final that makes up the rest, what is the break down elsewhere?
With Study.com, you generally need to earn 210 points out of 300 in order to pass. For most classes, that means if you earn 100% on the quizzes (which is not super hard because you can retake them) you only need to score ~55% on the final exam. It's a little different for classes with writing assignments, but each course will have a page that explains the exact breakdown, so you can figure out how to pass.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Muldoon's post:
  • degreeguy
Just an update:

Completed CSM Learn, 2 Sophia Credits (won't let me apply the $50 promo to the student success course, if I need 1 credit I might come back and just take this one anyways), American Government, Business Law, & Accounting 1.

14 credits down in week 1.

Cornerstone is signed up, registered for, and starts in 2 weeks. Need to get to 100 credits by August, 41 so far, 59 to go.

With the charge of $20 from ACE per transcript, I assume it isn't worth sending over until I'm nearing my 100?
[-] The following 1 user Likes degreeguy's post:
  • Muldoon
(04-24-2019, 12:14 PM)degreeguy Wrote: Just an update:

Completed CSM Learn, 2 Sophia Credits (won't let me apply the $50 promo to the student success course, if I need 1 credit I might come back and just take this one anyways), American Government, Business Law, & Accounting 1.

Cornerstone is signed up, registered for, and starts in 2 weeks. Need to get to 100 credits by August, 41 so far, 59 to go.

With the charge of $20 from ACE per transcript, I assume it isn't worth sending over until I'm nearing my 100?

Depends on how many ACE credits you intend to actually complete. I sent mine fairly early on, as I did the majority of my credits through SDC/SL, and they can send them directly to TESU for free (you are required to use SDC to send transcripts to TESU). 

When you say 59 credits to go, did you actually receive an academic eval from TESU for your previous courses? I thought I would have more credit from TESU, but ended up having to complete a lot more courses, as my previous courses did not fit into the actual degree plan.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(04-24-2019, 12:44 PM)zzzz24 Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 12:14 PM)degreeguy Wrote: Just an update:

Depends on how many ACE credits you intend to actually complete. I sent mine fairly early on, as I did the majority of my credits through SDC/SL, and they can send them directly to TESU for free (you are required to use SDC to send transcripts to TESU). 

When you say 59 credits to go, did you actually receive an academic eval from TESU for your previous courses? I thought I would have more credit from TESU, but ended up having to complete a lot more courses, as my previous courses did not fit into the actual degree plan.

Yes, all 27 credits applied. They came in from an NJ CC, so I anticipated they would and they did.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 293 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  BACS Plan Verification mrobel 4 351 01-18-2024, 12:49 PM
Information Advice on BS CIS Degree plan SaberTronnN 17 1,265 01-12-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 973 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
  BA Religion plan now on wiki rachel83az 6 532 10-26-2023, 11:12 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Possible Degree Plan - BA English aperantosbias 10 674 09-16-2023, 02:22 PM
  TESU Bachelor to Masters Program Plan Cheap and Fast? Sargoththemino 9 870 09-13-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: jch
Question my CS degree study plan: need help Felisa 33 2,331 09-10-2023, 09:17 PM
Question My current degree plan for BACS, any suggestions elcastor21 7 692 08-28-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  16 Credit Term Plan what do you think? mt_1994 6 721 03-20-2023, 01:51 PM