Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantitative Literacy - Easiest Course?
There's two ways to start another check. They should have had you do a master account also with the master account you can force another check, or you can do I believe five hours of course learning and then it allows you to do another check.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(08-12-2018, 01:42 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: There's two ways to start another check. They should have had you do a master account also with the master account you can force another check, or you can do I believe five hours of course learning and then it allows you to do another check.

All this does is allow you to do another knowledge check, not an initial knowledge check
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(08-12-2018, 02:31 PM)zzzz24 Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 01:42 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: There's two ways to start another check. They should have had you do a master account also with the master account you can force another check, or you can do I believe five hours of course learning and then it allows you to do another check.

All this does is allow you to do another knowledge check, not an initial knowledge check
I guess I'm confused. Are you trying to finish and test out right? Or are you just trying to see where you are?

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

was trying to test outright.. but that seems to only be possible on the first try, each new one just increases the percentage
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
That's strange when I did the master account force. Knowledge review and passed it I was able to then go to ACE and get it put on my transcript.

Yes, you can only do one initial knowledge check during any ALEKS course, but you can perform as many knowledge checks as you like. If you score 70% or better on any of them, that is all you need to pass the course. The more material you work through before the automatic knowledge check pops up, the bigger amount will be cleared and the higher chance of getting 70+ or better.

As an alternative, I'm not sure if ALEKS still does it, but it used to give you a new initial knowledge check when you switch courses. Of course, that was back when you could only have one active course at a time and all knowledge was lost when you switched. Now that ALEKS remembers your progress, I don't know if it still works that way. You could switch to another course and back again to see. If it doesn't work, you will end up where you left off; if it does, you'll start fresh with a new initial knowledge check.

Technically there are two ways to guarantee another initial knowledge check...
  1. Cancel the current student account and add a new student account. It will have a clean slate. It will cost another $20 though.
  2. Cancel the current student account and wait until two weeks after the course has terminated (it purges your data after like 10-14 days) and then restart. You should have a clean slate at that point. There isn't really much difference between #2 and #1 other than time. Still ends up costing $20 more.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Hey yall, 

Just double checking! Will TESU accept SDC's Geometry, Quantitative Literacy, or Teaching Elementary Math (MATH 211) course to fulfill the quantitative literacy requirement in a BA in Psych? Thank you
I know TESU will accept SDC Geometry, as I have that on my ASNSM evaluation. I am not sure about the Quant. Literacy part though. Logically speaking, any math course should work. Have you tried CSM Learn’s quant literacy course? It will cost you only $ 39. It is quite easy- but annoying, and repetitive if you don’t score a 100% in all your lessons.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • harrypotter
(04-23-2019, 10:10 PM)harrypotter Wrote: Hey yall, 

Just double checking! Will TESU accept SDC's Geometry, Quantitative Literacy, or Teaching Elementary Math (MATH 211) course to fulfill the quantitative literacy requirement in a BA in Psych? Thank you

Geometry and Quant Lit, yes.

Teaching Elementary Math - no.  That's an EDU course rather than a MATH course (It's EDU 211, not MATH 211).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
So I got an email from TESU saying they’ll accept SDC’s Geometry and Quantitative Literacy course, but they said these courses will be expiring November and August of this year respectively..

I’m a little confused by this. Anyone else heard of expirations like this? It makes me worried that they’re going to start dropping courses in their articulation with SDC and others.

I also checked out the ACE credit guide and one of these dates doesn't line up with the expiration date on the guide so I don’t think it’s a case of it being renewed.
BABA, New England College, 2019

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Easiest ACE accredited courses on Saylor cfoster 5 1,409 11-15-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Easiest LL & UL Class on Study.com dragonwolf 13 3,633 07-21-2022, 01:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Straighterline course: Quantitative Reasoning MNomadic 2 968 06-25-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Best place/easiest for English Comp I? suzycupcake 13 2,384 06-21-2022, 10:31 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  Easiest/Quickest Remaining Sophia Courses? bdarei 21 15,783 05-22-2022, 01:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What are the easiest & fastest Sophia courses out of this list? cdickerson0601 9 4,827 05-19-2022, 11:40 AM
Last Post: gams007
  Which order should I take these Study.com Classes from easiest to most difficult? mohelena02 7 2,319 12-15-2021, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Comprehensive list of fastest/easiest general elective / liberal arts credits studyingfortests 4 1,341 08-28-2021, 08:01 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Easiest Straighterline Classes amykayreeves 3 1,372 08-21-2021, 12:32 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Easiest English Comp 2 credit & Study.com lab channaleah 12 2,839 08-18-2021, 09:48 PM
Last Post: dfrecore