Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Querry on Diploma on YourPace Online Degree Program @UMPI
Hey everyone here!

i am a newbie here in this forum, and i am considering to join YourPace Online Bachelor Degree Program starting on 29, Aug, 2022.
May i know if there is any word like "online" or "part-time" on either Graduation Diploma or Academic Transcript that differentiate it from on-campus program? cuz i am also thinking about getting my MBA program after this one

Thank you guys for helping!  Heart Smile Smile
AFAIK, UMPI doesn't distinguish online vs. in-person students on either the diploma or the transcript.

How many credits do you already have? Do you need help filling out any GEC requirements before you start?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-08-2022, 04:31 AM)wenwenyo Wrote: Hey everyone here!

i am a newbie here in this forum, and i am considering to join YourPace Online Bachelor Degree Program starting on 29, Aug, 2022.
May i know if there is any word like "online" or "part-time" on either Graduation Diploma or Academic Transcript that differentiate it from on-campus program? cuz i am also thinking about getting my MBA program after this one

Thank you guys for helping!  Heart Smile Smile
There will be no mention of "online" on your degree. The fact that UMPI entirely online does not alter its position as a degree-granting institution. Honestly, the best online college for undergraduates
[-] The following 1 user Likes jb0433's post:
  • wenwenyo
@wenwenyo, No, they don't have wording mentioning the degree was online or not. Which degree are you looking at from UMPI? Are you transferring credits from community college sources or from ACE alternative credit? I suggest deciding on the degree and transfer credits, have an action plan, transfer everything into the degree and then start at UMPI.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Mr T
Nothing on the diploma or transcripts refer to anything being completed online or part time. Your transcripts will show how many courses you completed in a semester not session.
Here is what your degree will look like

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-Diploma-Arrived
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 3 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • ashkir, Mr T, wenwenyo
(06-08-2022, 04:55 AM)rachel83az Wrote: AFAIK, UMPI doesn't distinguish online vs. in-person students on either the diploma or the transcript.

How many credits do you already have? Do you need help filling out any GEC requirements before you start?

Hey Rachel! thank you for your quick response!!
i have got email admission yesterday for Summer session starting from July 5!

Well i am an international student, and have around 36 credits all are from Sophia.org (not transferred yet), Do you know when is the best time for me to transfer my credits? and i am also thinking i should contact UMPI using my work experience to reduce some credits.

Have a nice one!!

(06-08-2022, 01:46 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @wenwenyo, No, they don't have wording mentioning the degree was online or not.  Which degree are you looking at from UMPI?  Are you transferring credits from community college sources or from ACE alternative credit?  I suggest deciding on the degree and transfer credits, have an action plan, transfer everything into the degree and then start at UMPI.

Hey bj!

thank you for reminding me, i have got email admission yesterday for Summer session starting from July 5!
nope i have not transferred any credits yet, i got around 36 credits from Sophia.org, would them still work if i transfer to then after the session begins?

(06-08-2022, 02:05 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Nothing on the diploma or transcripts refer to anything being completed online or part time. Your transcripts will show how many courses you completed in a semester not session.

thanks for your help ss20ts!
What schools popular in this forum have 'Online' on the diploma? I have seen the question a decent amount, so curious. My father graduated from TESU with a BABA and two Masters at WGU MSML & MBA; I had to double-check, and none of his diplomas have 'Online' on them.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
For UMPI, you shouldn't start until you have as close to 90 credits as possible. The fewer credits you transfer in, the longer it will take and the more it will cost you.

The work experience thing doesn't count for residency. Unless it's JUST a resume, it'll be faster & easier to complete Sophia or UMPI courses.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
wenwenyo Wrote:Hey bj!

thank you for reminding me, i have got email admission yesterday for Summer session starting from July 5!
nope i have not transferred any credits yet, i got around 36 credits from Sophia.org, would them still work if i transfer to then after the session begins?

As Rachel83AZ mentioned in the post above, we usually recommend having around 90 credits or so before you enroll at UMPI, I highly suggest you "defer enrollment" like I told another poster sara143.  You should complete more Sophia.org courses (and your language/science lab courses) before you enroll at UMPI a session later!

You also want to follow this template and the last post, it will give us more details on your situation, the more info the better we can help you as each person has different variables at play for their scenario: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 0 10 47 minutes ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,136 1 hour ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 2 53 Yesterday, 10:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BLS Degree Options Question dm.hans32 3 192 04-17-2024, 10:17 AM
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,361 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 430 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 319 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
  BLS Management Minor Degree Plan mohelena02 4 399 04-12-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: mohelena02
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 286 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 414 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM