Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about COMPTIA A+ NETWORK+
Perhaps, TESC does not accept A+; but it might be listed under Windows.
Respect Yourself and Respect others.

Passed
DSST Technical Writing
DSST Principle of Statistics
DSST Astronomy
DSST MIS
Hey bear I'd check with someone at TESC I've been told from them they grant 2 for A+ and 2 for Net +. I myself got 4for a+ because the CC I was attending granted me 4 For having the cert. It shows up on my transcript at TESC as

(ELEC126 Microcomputer A+ Preparat 4.00 CR CAP-199 *CC *TE)

My school and others grant 4 for the A+ because it is actually two different exams.
CompTIA A+ Essentials
CompTIA A+ Practical Application

I ran into an issue trying to get network+ due to the fact nobody would notarize it. The notary explained why and it makes sense, she can only say that I signed something or that it is a valid cert which she can't do because she has no way of knowing if its valid or not. So COMPTIA would have to notarize it as being valid.

The example she used was if I asked her to notarize my birth certificate or marriage license. She has no way to tell if its authentic or not and her saying it is could get her in trouble.
The wiki page and other web searches confirm the above they can say yes I saw you sign this ,but not this is valid. I haven't spoken to TESC about this yet ,but plan to very soon. (When I finish Linux +)
Since comptia provides a link that they follow that shows my name what cert and when I completed it .... kinda pointless to need a notary. I mean if link says and takes you directly to Comptia's website with my name,date,and exact cert I mean cmon.....

Other option is to have e-mail sent to TESC directly from COMPTIA at link below.

Here are the direct links on their website stating how they use online to validate due to how easily paper-copys are to make/forge/alter

http://support.comptia.org/ics/support/d...ptID=15074
http://support.comptia.org/ics/support/d...stionID=27
SL Freshman - Intro to Psych,Intro to Bus,Bus Comm,Macro & Micro Economics, Biology w/lab,Crim Just,Acct1&2, Intro to Soc.
SL BOGO - English Comp II,Western Civ. I,
Fema - 12 classes
Aleks - Intermed. Algebra, College Algebra, Business Statistics, Pre-Calculus
CC B&M 45 Credit Hours
Penn Foster - BUS 110 BUS 425 BUS 430 FIN 301

A.A.S Computer Studies Conferred March ,2012 - TESC (34 B&M,12 Fema,12 Aleks/ACE,3 SL )
BSBA CIS - TESC (waiting for confirmation 9-2012)
CompTIA A+, Net+, Linux+, Security+
Microsoft MOS, MCITP,MCSA 2008
I'm bumping this thread even though I know it's old but wanted to let everyone know that I went to CompTIA's website and requested a transcript be sent to the the registrar at TESC for my N+ Certification. I will repost when and if it gets accepted. I also took the 2 A+ exams way back when but only passed one of them. The transcript only shows certifications. So I am going to try and have the test results page for the one I passed notarized and mail that one to TESC and see if they will accept that as credits. I hear mixed thoughts on CompTIA on this forum on whether or not they accept and how many credits they award. I'm hoping the one thread I read is true where it says 2 for N+, and 4 for A+ because it's two exams. I'm hoping to get 2 for the one A+ exam I did pass.

Stay tuned!!!!
TESC just emailed me back stating that they do not accept MCP certifications from Microsoft directly and says I need to process them through ACE. Does anyone know how to do that? I don't see the MCP certification on the ACE website. Also, does this mean I have to do the same with CompTIA A+ & N+?
Hey everyone, I just had my academic evaluation updated and the N+ certification transcript that I had forwarded from CompTIA transferred over as 2 credits as CAP-181 Networks. Just wanted to let everyone know. I'm also going to get my one A+ passing test and my MCP certification notarized and send that over and hope to get at least 2 credits each for those. I'll keep everyone updated. But if you have your N+ its definitely worth 2cr.
Happy post holiday!

I sent in my A+ Cert and and my MCP cert to TESC. Both were notarized copies and I got 2 credits for the A+ as CAP-171 Windows. The MCP certification I didn't get anything for. Their response was that for all Microsoft Certifications they need to be on an ACE transcript. But no where on ACE website does it show any credit given for MCP. I am going to try and mail them the certification and see if they can get it on a transcript as something. I just need the 2 credits! Then I can take the DSST and CLEP and should be done, if not then I will have to take a class or something to get that last 2 credits. Any thoughts on how to get 2 quick and easy IT credits?
Javaonline? They have NCCRS-approved java courses.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,700 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,495 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,686 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,758 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 2,002 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 2,027 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,833 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  Replacing LL with UL duplicate course question (COSC) ReyMysterioso 6 2,046 07-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC transfer question Paramedic12 8 1,998 06-29-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 1,681 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201