Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Coursera certificates & specializations
Do you guys watch all the videos or jump straight to the quizzes? I wish these coursera courses had more text instead of just videos.
It depends on the course(s). Google has more videos. AWIT wants you to do more reading. For Google (and some/most other courses), if you'd rather read, you can download the subtitles from the video page.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I watch the videos. Some of the Coursera certificates you have to watch the video. You can't skip to the quiz. Also if you don't watch the video, you're not learning anything. That defeats the whole purpose.
(08-23-2022, 10:25 AM)Pikachu Wrote: Do you guys watch all the videos or jump straight to the quizzes? I wish these coursera courses had more text instead of just videos.

For the IBM Data Science Professional track, I watched every video.  You can probably get away with lab then quiz for a lot of it(but might need to play the last 10 seconds of a video for 'completion', not sure).  For me I think I learn better mentally preparing first and getting a general idea of the topic, then doing the hands on.  But most of the true learning came from the labs.  Some of the introductory lessons don't have a lab, and some of the quizzes contain a little info from the video, but it was usually either common sense or covered in the lab anyhow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes spohara's post:
  • Pikachu
When doing the Google certs, sometimes I watch the vids, and sometimes I don't. It depends on how much knowledge I have on the topic.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • akr680
I just fast forwarded the videos until right at the end and Coursera would register that I "watched" them and then I went on about my business. You also don't have to do practices in a lot of the coursera stuff. If you want you can just acknowledge you read and fast-forward so it counts that you watched then do the quizzes.
TESU BA Liberal Studies /Communications 

[-] The following 1 user Likes BSLIONS's post:
  • Pikachu
(08-08-2022, 11:28 AM)Pikachu Wrote:
(08-08-2022, 11:00 AM)cizzie Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 07:36 AM)thodeptrai Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 03:39 AM)cizzie Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 03:12 AM)thodeptrai Wrote: Has Coursera resolved your case?

No I am still awaiting an answer. I last spoke with them on the 31st of july confirming my credly account email with the support team. They said they will reach out to me when they find a solution. It is slowly reaching the week mark so I hope to hear something, by this friday. I have taken the IBM fullstack course which is also newly added to the list for ace and the badging works fine for that. So perhaps they just havent squared away badging for non-google & non-ibm certs.

I'm waiting the badge of SAS  Sad

On the otherhand I hope the school actually accepts the UL credits. Fingers crossed, I tried searching badges on credly seems AWIT doesnt have one so perhaps its a credly thing and not handle directly by coursera.

https://www.credly.com/org/advancing-wom...zation-v-1
https://www.credly.com/org/advancing-wom...zation-v-1

(08-23-2022, 04:51 PM)BSLIONS Wrote: I just fast forwarded the videos until right at the end and Coursera would register that I "watched" them and then I went on about my business. You also don't have to do practices in a lot of the coursera stuff. If you want you can just acknowledge you read and fast-forward so it counts that you watched then do the quizzes.

Just another note to add on you don't have to watch the videos or read the content. By this I mean you don't need to confirm or finish them to gain credit. You only need to complete the graded assignments. Try the quiz first if you pass it you can skip that whole week. This also applies to assignments. So for familiar topics, you can complete the entirety of the course in only a few clicks.
Personally, I have always watched the videos but probably more because I actually do learn something from them.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera Coupon akr680 2 300 04-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 257 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AWIT Real-world Cloud Product (Coursera) Transfer cizzie 26 3,455 03-17-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Review: Coursera Google UX Design Certificate nyjosh 4 2,615 02-26-2024, 04:30 AM
Photo TADA Tier List of Certificates LevelUP 13 2,133 02-23-2024, 10:05 PM
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 769 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,076 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  The official guide to Coursera certificates & specializations rachel83az 14 11,625 11-20-2023, 09:05 PM
  Coursera- some marked as "Optional" basilia 3 717 10-22-2023, 11:58 PM
  Basic Question About Sophia Touchstones RachelB 10 1,933 10-09-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: LevelUP