Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about UMPI BLS electives
Hello.

I want to pursue UMPI BLS Management Information Systems minor, but a little stuck here. Can you please explain to me what those 62 electives mean? Does it mean that I can choose whatever I like from list of transfer equivalents for UMPI(From Study.com, Sophia etc.)? I want to fill it with science mostly:
General Chemistry I and II from Study.com
Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II from Sophia.org
Genetics from Study.com
Calculus I and II from Study.com
Microbiology from Sophia.org
(and so on)

Can I do it?

Thanks!
(11-11-2023, 01:25 AM)okk82798 Wrote: Hello.

I want to pursue UMPI BLS Management Information Systems minor, but a little stuck here. Can you please explain to me what those 62 electives mean? Does it mean that I can choose whatever I like from list of transfer equivalents for UMPI(From Study.com, Sophia etc.)? I want to fill it with science mostly:
Genetics from Study.com
Calculus I and II  from Study.com
(and so on)

Can I do it?

Thanks!
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
(11-11-2023, 01:35 AM)indigoshuffle Wrote:

Genetics from Study.com
(and so on)

Can I do it?

Thanks!
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
Yes, what is UMPI UL courses?
UMPI courses are ones that are taken from UMPI itself. UL courses are upper level courses. At UMPI, UL courses are the ones with numbers in the 300s and 400s.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-11-2023, 02:51 AM)rachel83az Wrote: UMPI courses are ones that are taken from UMPI itself. UL courses are upper level courses. At UMPI, UL courses are the ones with numbers in the 300s and 400s.

Is there a list of all available UL courses?

Thank you.
Not until you are a student. You can get a good idea by checking out every degree plan on the wiki, though.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • okk82798
@okk82798, in addition to what you've asked, it's better to also bring in more info by filling in the addendum and template. It's great asking questions and getting answers... Having said that, to help you more, you want to let people know exactly what you are trying to do by providing a bigger overview so we get the full picture of your scenario.

To answer your question: Electives are any courses that are worth college credit, regardless of subject matter, it can be whatever you're interested in. Since you're into the sciences, it's best to see what extra minor you can get in addition to taking the courses that interest you more. BTW, Study.com has Calculus II? Hmm, when did that come out?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • okk82798
(11-11-2023, 01:49 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @okk82798, in addition to what you've asked, it's better to also bring in more info by filling in the addendum and template.  It's great asking questions and getting answers... Having said that, to help you more, you want to let people know exactly what you are trying to do by providing a bigger overview so we get the full picture of your scenario.  

To answer your question: Electives are any courses that are worth college credit, regardless of subject matter, it can be whatever you're interested in. Since you're into the sciences, it's best to see what extra minor you can get in addition to taking the courses that interest you more.  BTW, Study.com has Calculus II? Hmm, when did that come out?

I guess so. Maybe. I don't know

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 19-21-12 University of Maine at Presque Isle Transfer Study.com.png (Size: 72.18 KB / Downloads: 12)
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, it's just UMPI giving you the credit for Calculus II. I haven't taken the class at Study.com yet, but reports have indicated it's a very slimmed down version of Calculus. My suggestion is to take as many Sophia.org classes and also combine that with Study.com to make a combo of the both for credit, learning, knowledge, etc and max out the credit with these two providers before moving onto UMPI...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Genetics from Study.com
(and so on)

Can I do it?

Thanks!

I have taken several of those courses for fun and if you are doing them for an actual science based degree and or a pre-health career, I would HIGHLY recommend taking them at a traditional school. The anatomy and microbio class were not up to par. The gen chem from SDC was okay based on what I saw but still equivalent to HS level chemistry.

FWIW I was a previous BM school TA for Anatomy and Physiology.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Duneranger's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a philosophy minor possible at UMPI? LevelUP 8 116 Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 7 265 04-25-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 270 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 191 04-24-2024, 10:07 AM
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 174 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 328 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 305 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,613 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  BLS Degree Options Question dm.hans32 3 253 04-17-2024, 10:17 AM
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,493 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley