Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question regarding Graduate Program in Marketing at SMU Cox School of Business
I am re-posting this in this forum because it pertains to the big 3:

I am just starting my journey to a BSBA from 0 current credits. Trying to decide between TESC or the other 2. However, my current situation has driven me to pursue some marketing coursework at a local graduate school in marketing. This is due to my current employer pushing toward some sort of BS degree before I can go to a Director level position. I am already in the position but they won't give me the title or the compensation increase. HR has told me I need to have some additional educational credential besides high school. I have decided to pursue testing out for a BSBA over the next two years however, I may pursue some sort of marketing courseware here locally out of Dallas. My employer will pay a significant portion of the courseware.

As a result, I am considering the following program: Graduate Marketing Certificate Program (GMCP) at the Cox School of Business at SMU.

They claim it is highly respected with a 26+ year history here in Dallas TX, graduate level and taught by their MBA faculty, provides access to their SMU Cox Alumni network and networking opportunities in the Dallas Fort Worth area.

When I spoke to them on the phone, the representative told me many employers like the fact that it is NOT an online program but a complete in-peson classroom immersion program.

This is the email I received from them: "The GMCP is a 21 week program which combines 2 trimesters of lecture with the last trimester of a hands-on computer simulation group project. You will sharpen your skills by gaining exposure to the latest marketing advances and trends while learning from experienced marketing professionals and our graduate school faculty. Our online brochure at ISSUU - SMU Cox Graduate Marketing Certificate Program Overview by SMU Cox School of Business and our website at smucoxmarketing.com

The GMCP is a graduate level certificate program because our topics are graduate level material taught by our MBA faculty (and industry leaders). The GMCP is a 6 month program, offering 63 hours of instruction/group work. We cover a very broad range of marketing topics, from traditional topics like branding, customer relationship management, market segmentation, consumer behavior, omni-channel marketing to very current topics such as digital, social and mobile marketing. We offer 2 grading options each trimester, a pass/fail grade based on your attendance or a letter grade based on a writing assignment. The 3rd trimester is a group project, working on a comprehensive marketing simulation that helps you understand how marketing decisions work together."

They did review my resume and sent me an approval that they would let me in without my Bachelors completed.

I am new to this so I wanted to ask this community:
1)would this program potentially count toward any credits at any of the big 3 for a BSBA?
2)wondering if this program will shore up the appearance of doing an online undergraduate with one of the big 3 since SMU Cox graduate programs are well respected?

Thanks everyone!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,662 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,451 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,676 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,965 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,655 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,739 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,982 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Applying to PA school ashtonnewman 18 4,031 08-12-2018, 11:17 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 1,991 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,815 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM