Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about Excelsior classes
I brought in 92 credits from a mix of CLEPs, ALEKs, GRE, & B&M classes I had taken previously. I think my end cost is around $8k total... (The bulk of that being classes taken through EC that I didn't feel like testing out of).

As far as what goes where, that's a big old can of worms, but to shorten it, the academic advisors will plug it all in.

Yeah, I'm planning on hopefully starting Grad school in February. I was going to go for NMSU's MA in Experimental Psychology, but it got discontinued. For now, I'm going to go into APU's new MA in Psychology program and see where that takes me. Once that's done, (As of right now, things my change) I'm going to try and get into OK State University's APA accredited Clinical Psychology doctoral program, but that's still a while off, and I need to manuever myself to cover all the requirements (as well as background experience) that they want for entrants. So, hopefully, in 5-7 years, I'll finally be done with school.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
TMW2010 Wrote:I brought in 92 credits from a mix of CLEPs, ALEKs, GRE, & B&M classes I had taken previously. I think my end cost is around $8k total... (The bulk of that being classes taken through EC that I didn't feel like testing out of).

As far as what goes where, that's a big old can of worms, but to shorten it, the academic advisors will plug it all in.

Yeah, I'm planning on hopefully starting Grad school in February. I was going to go for NMSU's MA in Experimental Psychology, but it got discontinued. For now, I'm going to go into APU's new MA in Psychology program and see where that takes me. Once that's done, (As of right now, things my change) I'm going to try and get into OK State Univerity's APA accredited Clinical Psychology doctoral program, but that's still a while off, and I need to manuever myself to cover all the requirements (as well as background experience) that they want for entrants. So, hopefully, in 5-7 years, I'll finally be done with school.

Sounds like a solid plan. Are you planning on going to a b&m school for your masters and doctorate or online degrees? I'm not sure how reputable
an online doctorate is.

I actually was seriously considering going for a psychology degree but went with a BS IT since I'm more comfortable with computers. But I really wanted to do clinical psychology and specialize in treating OCD. Maybe one day I can get a psychology masters in addition to an IT masters Smile Not sure how compatible they are haha. Maybe I can help mentally ill patients with computer problems? :coolgleam:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 5,198 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,725 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Need clarification.. Sorry for the newbie questions NoThesis 8 2,025 08-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,833 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,183 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,946 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,295 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 965 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,675 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,270 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore