Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about the ASBA from Thomas Edison - Looking for feedback on my degree plan
Hi, I’ve been researching an Associate in Science in Business Administration degree from 1 of the Big 3 colleges. This is what it looks like it will cost. If anyone has time to review these specs and point out any errors or suggestions, I’d appreciate it!

$3,360     The cost of each test (about $210) times 16 courses
$     75    Application fee to Thomas Edison
$   300    Required TES-100
$1,496    Associates Capstone course
$2,500    Non-resident fee as an alternative to paying for 16 credits from Thomas Edison. I read about a waiver of this fee through Study.com. Does anyone have more information or a link on this?
$   400    Graduation costs

- My plan is to take my first CLEP and then apply to Thomas Edison to lock in a catalog. Is there any reason I should wait to apply?

- I’ll be transferring 3 credits to Thomas Edison from a local community college. I’ve read that the ACE credit bank helps with this, but I didn’t think I’d need it... Is there any reason I should go through the ACE credit bank?

- This is the list of required courses for the ASBA degree from Thomas Edison. If anyone knows a good route to get a particular course (i.e. CLEP, DSST, Study.com, StraighterLine.com etc.) please let me know!

ASBA Course Requirements:
Gen. Ed Requirements:
A.  Intellectual and Practical Skills
        Written Communication (6)
        Oral Communication (3)
        Quantitative Literacy (3)
        Information Literacy (3)
B.  Civic and Global Learning (9 as divided into the following 3 categories)
        Diversity (3)
        Ethics (3)
        Civic Engagement (3)
C.  Knowledge of Human Cultures (9)
D.  Understanding the Physical and Natural World (3)
E.  Mathematics (3)
II.  Management Core (18) divided as below
A.  Financial Accounting (3)
B.  Managerial Accounting (3)
C.  Business Law (3)
D.  Principles of Management (3)
E.  computer Concepts and Applications/Introduction to Computer CIS
F.  Introduction to Marketing

II.  Electives (3)

Thanks for reading - I'd appreciate any help anyone can give!

- Calli
Here's a link to the Study.com affiliate discounts: http://www.tesu.edu/studycom/

You will save the $300 for the cornerstone (it is waived), the tuition on the capstone is reduced to $1098, and the residency waiver is reduced to $1800. It's a very significant savings.

In addition, it's possible to win a scholarship that will get you 6 free courses at Study.com (and qualify you for the discount) : http://study.com/blog/guardian-s-persona...rship.html

There's no reason to wait to apply to TESU...in fact you don't even have to wait for that first CLEP if you don't want to. It might make sense to wait until you're a Study.com member so you can just tick the affiliate box on the application, but you can also call in and get it added later.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
FYI, Study.com discount link is here as well: http://support.study.com/support/solutio...university-
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks for the links!
(10-05-2017, 11:03 AM)Crystal Wrote: Hi, I’ve been researching an Associate in Science in Business Administration degree from 1 of the Big 3 colleges. This is what it looks like it will cost. If anyone has time to review these specs and point out any errors or suggestions, I’d appreciate it!

$3,360     The cost of each test (about $210) times 16 courses
$     75    Application fee to Thomas Edison
$   300    Required TES-100
$1,496    Associates Capstone course
$2,500    Non-resident fee as an alternative to paying for 16 credits from Thomas Edison. I read about a waiver of this fee through Study.com. Does anyone have more information or a link on this?
$   400    Graduation costs

- My plan is to take my first CLEP and then apply to Thomas Edison to lock in a catalog. Is there any reason I should wait to apply?

- I’ll be transferring 3 credits to Thomas Edison from a local community college. I’ve read that the ACE credit bank helps with this, but I didn’t think I’d need it... Is there any reason I should go through the ACE credit bank?

- This is the list of required courses for the ASBA degree from Thomas Edison. If anyone knows a good route to get a particular course (i.e. CLEP, DSST, Study.com, StraighterLine.com etc.) please let me know!

ASBA Course Requirements:
Gen. Ed Requirements:
A.  Intellectual and Practical Skills
        Written Communication (6)
        Oral Communication (3)
        Quantitative Literacy (3)
        Information Literacy (3)
B.  Civic and Global Learning (9 as divided into the following 3 categories)
        Diversity (3)
        Ethics (3)
        Civic Engagement (3)
C.  Knowledge of Human Cultures (9)
D.  Understanding the Physical and Natural World (3)
E.  Mathematics (3)
II.  Management Core (18) divided as below
A.  Financial Accounting (3)
B.  Managerial Accounting (3)
C.  Business Law (3)
D.  Principles of Management (3)
E.  computer Concepts and Applications/Introduction to Computer CIS
F.  Introduction to Marketing

II.  Electives (3)

Thanks for reading - I'd appreciate any help anyone can give!

- Calli

First, I want to start with the fact that I don't recommend the AA/AS at TESU, as I think it's too expensive.  The residency waiver is too high.

That being said, your pricing is off by quite a bit.

1) The cost per course/exam should be closer to $100 (and quite possibly cheaper than that if you use some of the less expensive options).
2) The ASBA doesn't have a capstone at TESU

Also, you don't "credit bank" CC credits - you get an ACE account to put your ACE credits, but CC credits are not those.  You just transfer those normally, through the transcript process.

Here is a degree plan for it.

I recommend that you take the math courses required for the BSBA (College Algebra and Statistics) just so you have those done.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU ASBA.xlsx (Size: 23.26 KB / Downloads: 15)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I was $100 off in figuring cost per test - Thanks for the insight and sharing your degree plan!

bjcheung77, having trouble finding the Beginners Guide sticky for Quick info on TESU BALS/BSBA Bachelors Degree in 1200 hours - Could you send me the link if you have it?
Yeah, there was an update on the board. They changed from VBulletin to MyBB and the links/updates are missing or something.
Anyways, the Beginners Guide actually is at the Top of the current category - General Education and Testing Discussion.

I have updated it with links to the Wiki, sister board, and to my dropbox with some degree templates... Read through the wiki links and also the templates on my dropbox, customize a template for yourself and use it for reference/tracking purposes.

You may want to use the templates that dfrecore has on the Beginners Guide as they're geared for Associates. If you would like to read through the Beginners Guide, there's a copy of it on the sister board. It's the same thing, just follow that link on Post#5.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks for the updated links!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 586 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 266 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 610 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,730 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 216 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 566 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 499 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 284 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 850 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,235 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM