Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions on Study.com
So I'm looking to sign up for study.com 199.99 college accelerator. Degree: BSBA in Accounting. I haven't applied to TESU yet, and I have dsst and clep tests already, so I'll have to pay extra to send my scores. I'd like to know when I take a study.com college exam, do I have pay extra to send my scores like dsst and clep? 

Is there something else that's important I should know about for Study.com? 2 tests, for 2 months, for $200 dollars.....

First time looking into this mode of credit building.
Yes, make sure to get a promo code from someone on the forum. It will save you 20% on the first month or something. You should also buy additional exams for $70 each if you can manage it. The trick comes down to how much you can pass each month. You can try to study in advance before signing up for the exams, depending on what they are.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
Ok, so the trick is to study as much as you can in those 2 months to get cheaper classes eh? (and ask for a promo)

And you are saying "yes" that it cost additional money to send your scores apart from dsst and clep if your not affiliated with a college?
I think Study.com sends transcripts to TESU free for now. If you decide to send through ACE, that's different, but Study.com has a form. When you apply to TESU, indicate you are a Study.com student to get a tuition discount .

CLEP and DSST have nothing to do with Study.com, so I'm not sure what you're asking in regards to that.

Important, though. There are cheaper accounting credits available at Davar, Saylor, Straighterline, etc. What do you need?
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
Here's my chart I'm following. You can see the darker words and name of a school added means I've taken those classes. Hopefully it's not to hard to see. Also took College Composition, but haven't received my scores yet.
Basically I'm doing CLEP Modern States right now to get the free stuff done.

I just read this on TESU website for BSBA in Accounting degree near the bottom, it says, "The following courses are required for the BSBA degree in Accounting and are fulfilled in the General Education section of the degree chart.6
  • College Algebra or Quantitative Business Analysis within Intellectual and Practical Skills section of General Education requirements.
(3)
  • Statistics within the Math section of General Education requirements.
(3)"

That means I have to take College Algebra huh? College Mathmatics won't cut it? I assume the Algebra course is harder, so I guess I'll do the Mathmatics course first as a warm up.

If the course has the course and number, does that mean it's required? For example, Law-201 Or ENC-102 (English composition II ) Can I switch out English Comp II for say College Composition modular?

Attached Files
.png   BSBA in Accounting Spreadsheet.png (Size: 367.02 KB / Downloads: 21)
The College Composition CLEP (not the modular one) actually counts for both ENC-101 and ENC-102.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(03-18-2019, 04:30 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: The College Composition CLEP (not the modular one) actually counts for both ENC-101 and ENC-102.

That's true, because it's 6 credits when I needed only 3 for a box.

However, can I take "college composition modular" in place of "World religions", or "ORAL COMM-Oral communication"?  (of course not algebra because it's required.)
(03-18-2019, 04:45 PM)FishNDip Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 04:30 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: The College Composition CLEP (not the modular one) actually counts for both ENC-101 and ENC-102.

However, can I take "college composition modular" in place of "World religions", or "ORAL COMM-Oral communication"?  (of course not algebra because it's required.)
No, College Comp modular will not fill either Oral Comm or Info Lit (which I'd assume is what you would be taking World Religions). College Comp Modular is just a duplicate of the first three credits College Comp - taking both still gets you the same 6 credits as College Comp.

If you're on a catalog where you can transfer in Info Literacy, I recommend the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP. It's relatively easy for most people and would meet that requirement PLUS three credits of either Human Cultures or GE Electives.
Completed:

Up Next:

(03-18-2019, 06:00 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:

No, College Comp modular will not fill either Oral Comm or Info Lit (which I'd assume is what you would be taking World Religions). College Comp Modular is just a duplicate of the first three credits College Comp - taking both still gets you the same 6 credits as College Comp.

If you're on a catalog where you can transfer in Info Literacy, I recommend the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP. It's relatively easy for most people and would meet that requirement PLUS three credits of either Human Cultures or GE Electives.

Ok, I like that idea, though I was planning on doing "Spanish" to fill the GE and free elective. Maybe I'll hold off on that for now, however is the 1 credit from "Sophia" (free) an optional course? Seems like it's required, but not sure. Maybe "Spanish" can fill that slot also? If it does, then "Spanish" would be better than "literature". 

Orrrrrrrrr I could take "Spanish" to fill my 3 GE and then fill the 6 free electives. I put "open water diver" in the free electives, but that only gives you 2 credits. :/
(03-18-2019, 06:57 PM)FishNDip Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 06:00 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:

Ok, I like that idea, though I was planning on doing "Spanish" to fill the GE and free elective. Maybe I'll hold off on that for now, however is the 1 credit from "Sophia" (free) an optional course? Seems like it's required, but not sure. Maybe "Spanish" can fill that slot also? If it does, then "Spanish" would be better than "literature". 

Orrrrrrrrr I could take "Spanish" to fill my 3 GE and then fill the 6 free electives. I put "open water diver" in the free electives, but that only gives you 2 credits. :/
The Sophia course is not required, but since it's free and easy almost everyone here does it. Certainly not a requirement, however.
Completed:

Up Next:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 8 276 2 hours ago
Last Post: louise
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,564 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,663 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 470,130 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 770 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 378 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,054 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,939 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 605 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 319 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue