Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Poll
OK CLEP experts - a word problem for ya. You need 6 LL hours. Either Humanities, Accounting, or Natural Sciences would fulfill it.

Your situation is this:
You haven't picked up a science book since the early '90s (who are we kidding, since the late '80s).

You started studying accounting only to find out it's got way more math than expected AND the whole thing about which account to debit/credit just seems to be beyond you (I guess we all have our limitations!)

Humanities...that's like artists and stuff right? Smile

You have from today (after tonight's Social Science exam) until May 23 to study for it. Which would you choose?

Seriously - I'm kinda leaning toward humanities just because it's rote memorization and Snazz just posted about half the exam on another thread (thanks!). But I could push through accounting, I've done some study on it already - just don't feel confident AT ALL. What would you do?
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I've only taken Natural Sciences out of the three listed. Based on what you've said, I'd pick Humanities. Since others have said IC is enough to pass, I say go for it!

Just wondering, did you take Analyzing & Interpreting Literature? That would give you 6 LL credits too. Just a thought. Smile
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
libartsmgr Wrote:OK CLEP experts - a word problem for ya. You need 6 LL hours. Either Humanities, Accounting, or Natural Sciences would fulfill it.

Your situation is this:
You haven't picked up a science book since the early '90s (who are we kidding, since the late '80s).

You started studying accounting only to find out it's got way more math than expected AND the whole thing about which account to debit/credit just seems to be beyond you (I guess we all have our limitations!)

Humanities...that's like artists and stuff right? Smile

You have from today (after tonight's Social Science exam) until May 23 to study for it. Which would you choose?

Seriously - I'm kinda leaning toward humanities just because it's rote memorization and Snazz just posted about half the exam on another thread (thanks!). But I could push through accounting, I've done some study on it already - just don't feel confident AT ALL. What would you do?

Go for Humanities Joanne (if accounting is out of the question),

There are no principles, theories, or concepts to learn, just memorization of basic facts. I actually ENJOYED studying for it...it also helps you feel 'more cleverer' while watching Jeopardy and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.
hilarious

I overstudied and got a 73 on it. A basic "pass" would require a lot less memorization than I did (I was scared because everyone said it was hard).

It's not hard...just broad! Big Grin

I will be happy to email you my memorization/study notes if you think it might help you get started.

Just let me know (PM me your email address),
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
I can e-mail you this, I have it on PDF. It might be helpful... Snazzlefrag, what do you think?
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
anar579 Wrote:I can e-mail you this, I have it on PDF. It might be helpful... Snazzlefrag, what do you think?

That's a good idea Ana,

The Humanities exam won't go into anywhere near as much detail as the Art History chart provides. But it would be a good resource for her to read through (it clarifies which artists go in which period, and shows some photo examples of various artistic styles).

So, I think it would be useful to her.

I could also email her the Humanities Passyourclass Guide (PDF), if she needs it!

Joanne? Say the word and these resources are yours for the asking.
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Wow! You guys are fabulous! Appreciate the feedback. I didn't even think to talk to my advisor about Analyzing Lit... probably will stick with the list at hand.

I'm pretty mostly sure that I'll maybe definintely might go for Humanities. hilarious
I like the Jeopardy/Millionaire aspect, too - my hubby always kicks my behind in Trivial Pursuit. It's go time!

I'll PM you my email.
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"]Humanities and A&I Lit are both "common sense & common knowledge" style exams requiring you to know facts, yet the A&I Lit exam also needs you to use you intuition and feelings PLUS it's one of the few exams where the 90 minute time limit just seems to race. Given that time is a HUGE variable in clep exams I would lean towards humanities. GOOD LUCK!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Yeah, I agree. Humanities is the one to go for. I studied IC only for about a week (first IC exam), took the test not even filling in all questions I wasn't sure of, and still got a 64. My wife just took it without any study (other than her high school education) and got a 62.
I'm an engineer. Go figure.
I was recently in the same boat. I tried to study for Humanities and found it COMPLETELY boring! Someone suggested Analyzing literature. I took that without studying at ALL and passed with flying colors. If you haven't done that yet...you might consider it. It is 6 credits!
Name: Lynda
Completed hours:126/ Hours completed by test:100
School:Excelsior Degree:BGB
All tests completed!
Classes in Progress-
Business Strategy
Operations Management
Algebra
FINITO! on August 15th- if I can pass Algebra that is...Big Grin )
hilarious Go for Humanities with IC you should be good to go..........
Good Luck
[COLOR="royalblue"]Humanities 50 6[/COLOR]clep 36 credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for... Mac Juli 7 834 09-01-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Mac Juli
  New poll shows that majority of Americans now think college isn't worth the cost LevelUP 11 1,170 04-01-2023, 09:55 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Cheap/quick/fun certs? Insert Name 10 1,337 01-11-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Conions
  Majority Support Banning the Consideration of Race During College Admissions: Poll LevelUP 18 1,474 10-25-2022, 10:14 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 749 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Quick Credits regovista 6 1,259 04-30-2021, 08:10 AM
Last Post: regovista
  Cheap & Quick GPA Accrediated Insutition for 1 Class ashkir 1 863 10-06-2020, 03:57 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Quick Fix for Broken Wiki Links haxhaxhax 1 786 09-02-2019, 02:20 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Need AA quick, stuck on Cornerstone SumCes 24 4,561 05-24-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: SumCes
  Quick, Cheap, Easy Academic Certificate kevinmane 5 2,445 03-30-2018, 09:38 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun