Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RBA Degree Info?
Does anyone know the different rules required for the Regent Bachelors of Arts degree? It seems each West Virginia School is different and it's almost like some if the hide the information required. Does anyone know the different schools that offer it, the residency requirement for that school, classes required and etc. Through my own research I have seen 30 UL required and 39 UL required. I don't know which is correct. I also see some schools require English 1 AND 2, but others might require English 1 and the 2nd can be a communications credit. I'm so lost. My ultimate goal is to find the school that has the lowest residency requirement, which I believe is Marshall U, but also want to compare prices. I know each school has a 24 credit requirement within WV. I just need help understanding.
Any particular reason why you're looking into the RBA and not a BA from another school?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-10-2022, 08:45 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Any particular reason why you're looking into the RBA and not a BA from another school?
I'm considering all options but it's for a job promotion.
Here is the RBA handbook, I believe this is the most recent one, see Chapters 1 and 2. Looks like 39 upper level is the program requirement, schools have the option to require up to 12 hours at their institution. I haven’t seen a comprehensive/comparative requirements listing for the different schools, and I agree they don’t do a good job of proving information.

https://www.wvhepc.edu/wp-content/upload...ndbook.pdf
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
(05-10-2022, 09:21 AM)learningthehardway Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 08:45 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Any particular reason why you're looking into the RBA and not a BA from another school?
I'm considering all options but it's for a job promotion.

The reason why I ask is that Marshall U only requires 3 credits from them directly, but 21+ credits from other WV universities. At $300/credit, that's at least $6300. At $200/credit, that's at least $4200. Plus fees and any ACE credits you'd be allowed to transfer in. If you went with UMPI, you could get a subject degree for less than that, and probably sooner. A degree from COSC or Excelsior would also likely be faster/cheaper, though possibly not as fast/cheap as UMPI.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
LOL, I am a weird one. I read through ALL the requirements way back when we discovered the WV BOG AAS, each of them are different, I emailed all 9 community colleges to make sure. I still suggest you continue on your previous path, it's the one with least resistance if you want to go to grad school, furthermore, it should be cheaper, easier, faster with more ROI/Value in the long run... : https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-I-applied-HELP
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-10-2022, 11:14 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: LOL, I am a weird one.  I read through ALL the requirements way back when we discovered the WV BOG AAS, each of them are different, I emailed all 9 community colleges to make sure.  I still suggest you continue on your previous path, it's the one with least resistance if you want to go to grad school, furthermore, it should be cheaper, easier, faster with more ROI/Value in the long run... : https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-I-applied-HELP
Thanks! Those papers scare me lol. Everyone says how easy they are and then follow up with its just a 16 page paper lol. 16 pages for someone who struggles with writing is scary. I prefer exams/test over writing. Sigh. I guess I'm just a scary mess. Lol. Sorry for the craziness.
What's an RBA?
(05-10-2022, 11:43 AM)ss20ts Wrote: What's an RBA?

Regents Bachelor of Arts. Basically the Bachelors version of the Board of Governors Associates of Applied Science. Based in West Virginia Colleges.
(05-10-2022, 11:48 AM)learningthehardway Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 11:43 AM)ss20ts Wrote: What's an RBA?

Regents Bachelor of Arts. Basically the Bachelors version of the Board of Governors Associates of Applied Science. Based in West Virginia Colleges.

What is a Regent Bachelor of Arts? Is this something the school made up? I have not heard of an RBA before. The bachelor's version of the AAS is typically a BAS which is a Bachelor's of Applied Science. Any particular reason you want an RBA over a BA or BS?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 585 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 265 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 609 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,698 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 566 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 497 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 284 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 849 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,235 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,830 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74