Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPNow Scores
(09-07-2021, 05:44 PM)tpowell Wrote: Facts: discrepancy does exist, there is a difference between Study.Com & Instancert.  I do believe everyone, all hard-working students as stated white or green or purple or black or polka-dotted should be aware and watch for ethical concerns - Hopefully, I was wrong and it was all a random nightmare experience of an experience with instancert and of not part of the instancert makeup.

The student admits they didn't stay in the frame for the InstantCert exam. Every providers gives rules to follow to the proctoring companies. Every one of them says the student has to stay in the frame. That's the whole point in proctoring! Many say you can't talk or move your lips. That's really common. Reading out loud can look like cheating. Talking at all will look like cheating. There shouldn't be anyone to talk to during an exam.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • tpowell
(09-05-2021, 12:35 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 12:11 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 11:51 AM)tpowell Wrote: Beware student of color , as I believe this happen to me been a Student Of Color - Please use study.com instead of  Instancert  for Ace credit courses- 

The Admin  at instantcert add additional  policing of my final exams and will  imply misconduct even if you look away from screen and will hold your credit hostage for  longer and force repeat exam/money- This is my personal experience, take it as you wish- I do believe  an end user/student should never suffer this on any platform.
 I had two proctored PRnow exam successfully completed. The first one on Instantcert platform -Admin stated not in frame please do over and pay PRnow. The second one was in the frame the entire exam.On that same day and same environment I completed two proctored finals. One for study platform and for instantcert using same PRnow for final.

1) Study.com- PNRow /study - pass the course successfully and study offered me my Ace credit.
2)Instancert- Pass successfully , however   Director/ Admin imply false unfair statements and deny credit several times- Send a screen shot of me looking away- I analyze both with Study/Instantcert. 
> Study.com statements “We don’t penalized students at Study for speaking or looking away”. We know students sometimes look away and also read out load.

Instancert platform/Admin’s implications has been a nightmare thus far. 
Waste of time and money that I will never get back- Hopefully by me passing this on to other  will save someone else the nightmare , money , time and frustration.

It's very common for institutions to penalize students for doing things other than the exam, such as looking off-screen. This has absolutely nothing to do with the color of your skin and everything to do with preventing students from cheating. InstantCert may not be for everyone but, again, this has absolutely nothing to do with whether your skin is white or green or purple or black or polka dotted.

WGU is VERY strict on this policy. You cannot talk - out loud or move your lips while reading the questions on exams. Your hands can't touch your face. You must stay in full view the entire time. LSU also has policies about looking around, where your hands are, etc. Lots of schools are very picky about these things because of the appearance of cheating. Everyone deals with this. It's not a race issue. It's a policy issue. I mean the commenter said they weren't in the frame for part of the exam so yeah no one is going to accept that. That's the whole point of being proctored.

>This comparison is study vs instancert:
Instancert issue in this case is looking away from screen "not speaking". In this case  study approve same environment and looking away and instancert did not offer credit due to  looking away from screen- I also ask compare both study and instancertr  test recording both exam i looked away  study gave credit and instancert did not do give credit due to look away from screen infraction.

[quote pid='346297' dateline='1630863342']
was fine 
[/quote]

"Not in the frame" was instancert comment the test taker.

(09-05-2021, 12:37 PM)jch Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 11:51 AM)tpowell Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 07:23 PM)INever2Late2Educate Wrote: I took my American Government exam last Saturday (29 JAN 2021), but it still doesn't show on the InstantCert course page. How long does it take to get a notification?  What is the process for getting a transcript afterward for submission to TESU? Sorry, first time user here.
This is my personal experience .
Beware student of color , as I believe this happen to me been a Student Of Color - Please use study.com instead of  Instancert  for Ace credit courses- 

The Admin  at instantcert add additional  policing of my final exams and will  imply misconduct even if you look away from screen and will hold your credit hostage for  longer and force repeat exam/money- This is my personal experience, take it as you wish- I do believe  an end user/student should never suffer this on any platform.
 I had two proctored PRnow exam successfully completed. The first one on Instantcert platform -Admin stated not in frame please do over and pay PRnow. The second one was in the frame the entire exam.On that same day and same environment I completed two proctored finals. One for study platform and for instantcert using same PRnow for final.

1) Study.com- PNRow /study - pass the course successfully and study offered me my Ace credit.
2)Instancert- Pass successfully , however   Director/ Admin imply false unfair statements and deny credit several times- Send a screen shot of me looking away- I analyze both with Study/Instantcert. 
> Study.com statements “We don’t penalized students at Study for speaking or looking away”. We know students sometimes look away and also read out load.

Waste of time and money that I will never get back- Hopefully by me passing this on to other  will save someone else the nightmare , money , time and frustration.

It's very common for institutions to penalize students for doing things other than the exam, such as looking off-screen. This has absolutely nothing to do with the color of your skin and everything to do with preventing students from cheating. InstantCert may not be for everyone but, again, this has absolutely nothing to do with whether your skin is white or green or purple or black or polka dotted.

Rachel, this absolutely is an issue. The online proctoring services use automated systems to monitor students and verify their activities. Many cases have been documented where students with dark skin color are not recognized correctly, or are falsely flagged. See https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/08...ai-ethics/ and other sources.
Omg! I knew something was strange. This is exactly what happened to me-

(09-07-2021, 08:34 PM)tpowell Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 12:35 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 11:51 AM)tpowell Wrote: Beware student of color , as I believe this happen to me been a Student Of Color - Please use study.com instead of  Instancert  for Ace credit courses- 

WGU is VERY strict on this policy. You cannot talk - out loud or move your lips while reading the questions on exams. Your hands can't touch your face. You must stay in full view the entire time. LSU also has policies about looking around, where your hands are, etc. Lots of schools are very picky about these things because of the appearance of cheating. Everyone deals with this. It's not a race issue. It's a policy issue. I mean the commenter said they weren't in the frame for part of the exam so yeah no one is going to accept that. That's the whole point of being proctored.

>This comparison is study vs instancert:
Instancert issue in this case is looking away from screen "not speaking". In this case  study approve same environment and looking away and instancert did not offer credit due to  looking away from screen- I also ask compare both study and instancertr  test recording both exam i looked away  study gave credit and instancert did not do give credit due to look away from screen infraction.

[quote pid='346297' dateline='1630863342']
was fine 

"Not in the frame" was instancert comment the test taker.

(09-05-2021, 12:37 PM)jch Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 07:23 PM)INever2Late2Educate Wrote: I took my American Government exam last Saturday (29 JAN 2021), but it still doesn't show on the InstantCert course page. How long does it take to get a notification?  What is the process for getting a transcript afterward for submission to TESU? Sorry, first time user here.
Beware student of color , as I believe this happen to me been a Student Of Color - Please use study.com instead of  Instancert  for Ace credit courses- 

Rachel, this absolutely is an issue. The online proctoring services use automated systems to monitor students and verify their activities. Many cases have been documented where students with dark skin color are not recognized correctly, or are falsely flagged. See https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/08...ai-ethics/ and other sources.
Omg! I knew something was strange. This is exactly what happened to me-
When i question instancert Admin of a possible issue. I aslo recieved a terse response.
No student/end user should experience this nighmare of a saga for one  course. 
[/quote]

(09-05-2021, 12:50 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 12:37 PM)jch Wrote: Rachel, this absolutely is an issue. The online proctoring services use automated systems to monitor students and verify their activities. Many cases have been documented where students with dark skin color are not recognized correctly, or are falsely flagged. See https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/08...ai-ethics/ and other sources.

I'm not saying that those instances aren't problematic. But if you're looking away and even leaving your computer during the exam then, absolutely, most places are going to say that the exam wasn't done properly. In the circumstance outlined by the complainant, it doesn't sound like InstantCert did anything wrong since screenshots were provided. The AI may have flagged it but it's up to human review to determine whether there was any wrongdoing.

There was ZERO  getting up.
The problem first is the racist software, next comes down to the platform reassessment. 
Why would Study approve the course with one look
away and instacert not approve????
***No student irregardless should suffer this nightmare****

University of Maine at Presque Isle

- - - - Degrees Awarded - - - - -

Graduate: Masters Organizational Leadership (MAOL)
Degree Honors| Summa Cum Laude| Deans List
Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Plan| Business Administration Major
Plan| Project Management
Degree Honors: Cum Laude
[Image: AlumniLogo600-300x300.jpg]

(09-07-2021, 05:44 PM)tpowell Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 07:23 PM)INever2Late2Educate Wrote: I took my American Government exam last Saturday (29 JAN 2021), but it still doesn't show on the InstanCert course page. How long does it take to get a notification?  What is the process for getting a transcript afterward for submission to TESU? Sorry, first time user here.
Beware student of color , as I believe this happens to me been a Student Of Color - Please use study.com instead of  Instancert for Ace credit courses- 

The Admin  at instancert add additional policing of my final exams and will imply misconduct even if you look away from screen and will hold your credit hostage for  longer and force repeat exam/money- This is my personal experience, take it as you wish- I believe  an end user/student should never suffer this on any platform.

2)Instancert- Pass successfully , however Director/ Admin imply false unfair statements and deny credit several times- Send a screen shot of me looking away- I analyze both with Study/Instantcert. 

In due respect, rachel83az cheating is not the threat to society its racist proctoring software companies and people.
 "nothing to do with the color of your skin and everything to do with preventing students from cheating" > Your statement cannot honestly be validated as a facts.

Facts: discrepancy exists, there is a difference between Study.Com & Instancert.  I believe everyone, all hard-working students as stated white or green or purple or black or polka-dotted should be aware and watch for ethical concerns - Hopefully, I was wrong and it a random nightmare experience and of not part of the instacert platforms racial inequities makeup.
***Fact is, any 90mins proctored exam, most student/test-takers will look away for using a calculator (which is allowed), blinking, massaging eyes etc.**

(09-05-2021, 02:25 PM)Kab Wrote: I never had problems with instacert. They where always correct and nice to me.
Neither had issues with the proctoring.

Sent from my NX591J using DegreeForum.net mobile app

@ Kab,  Am glad instacert was nice to you.
No to your response. 

Looking away to use a calculator is allowed. Therefore looking away should never be the reason Instacert held my  Ace credit. 
Cheating is not the threat to society that tests racist proctoring companies and people behind these platforms would have you believe. It doesn’t dilute the value of degrees or degrade institutional reputations, and students aren’t trying to cheat their way. 

Plan| Project Management

ss20ts
(09-07-2021, 05:44 PM)tpowell Wrote: Facts: discrepancy does exist, there is a difference between Study.Com & Instancert.  I do believe everyone, all hard-working students as stated white or green or purple or black or polka-dotted should be aware and watch for ethical concerns - Hopefully, I was wrong and it was all a random nightmare experience of an experience with instancert and of not part of the instancert makeup.

The student admits they didn't stay in the frame for the InstantCert exam. Every providers gives rules to follow to the proctoring companies. Every one of them says the student has to stay in the frame. That's the whole point in proctoring! Many say you can't talk or move your lips. That's really common. Reading out loud can look like cheating. Talking at all will look like cheating. There shouldn't be anyone to talk to during an exam.

(09-07-2021, 11:46 PM)tpowell Wrote: ss20ts

Plze read carefully - The 2nd instancert test was for looking away from screen period.

Plan| Project Management

(09-05-2021, 09:56 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If it was the same proctoring service both times, and you didn't have any issues with one but with the other, I'm going to say that it was probably not the proctoring company, or the course provider - it was what you were doing that was a problem. You specifically said you were not in the frame. SMH.

I had a proctor with ProctorU try to tell me NOT to look down when I was taking the Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP exam. Ummm...I'm doing MATH problems on the blank page you had me show you!!  It was totally allowed.  I just told him that it was allowed and to look it up or check with his supervisor.  He finally let me finish.  I chalked it up to him being an idiot rather than a racist.  BTW - just to show that it was a different proctoring service.

You can have issues with any proctoring service, so keep that in mind.

@dfrecore>  I did not such statement> "specifically said you were not in the frame " This was said by
 instancert Admin - Instant send a screenshot with eyes rolled. The AI software flag my eyes rolled as look away.

Plan| Project Management

At the very least it was resolved. I don't think I've come across any racist or unreasonable behavior from any proctor yet but I've had a fair share with ProctorU "goodness" from different proctors, I don't let it get to me, it's so much better than going in person as I have anxiety issues with in person proctoring for some reason. I just hate people looking at what I am doing from the back or staring at me. I dunno, I'm just uncomfy with that... I guess I get stressed out very easily over simple things like that. I am weird and get nervous so easily over that...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 405 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Study.com passing scores? Kbass1995 3 2,553 07-16-2022, 10:57 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Post Scores splirow 1 1,101 08-25-2021, 03:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Average time for college to receive the test scores? sri 1 988 07-22-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: jch
  Sending CLEP Scores rwood5093 2 1,018 05-28-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Problems posting test scores sparky134 0 1,052 05-23-2021, 10:29 PM
Last Post: sparky134
  Instacert and RPNow HassanHarrukk 1 1,416 01-26-2021, 03:10 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Exclamation CLEP passing scores? SCYankee 4 1,211 01-24-2020, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  Newbie question/Where to send test scores? Vigi 2 1,021 11-18-2019, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Vigi