Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPNow question
After taking a Study.com test through RPNow, when it tells you it needs 15 minutes to upload and will still be recording via your webcam, what do you do? Surely people don't just sit and stare at the screen for 15 minutes, right?
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
I go to study.com and decide what course to take next, or work on another course.

a2jc4life Wrote:After taking a Study.com test through RPNow, when it tells you it needs 15 minutes to upload and will still be recording via your webcam, what do you do? Surely people don't just sit and stare at the screen for 15 minutes, right?

They implemented that after I had started taking exams and didn't mention it anywhere. After the first test I did with that feature I didn't know what to do so I did actually sit there for well over 15 minutes waiting for something to happen. Nothing ever happened. Just close out of the proctor so they don't say you're cheating or anything and then leave your computer open for a little. It's a "just in case" feature to make sure there are no hitches with the internet connection while the video is uploading.
I don't think there would be a problem with closing your eyes and meditating. That is what I'm tempted to do, because I've been tired afterwards (and during). But I feel a little funny doing that. So I work, like I said.

I take the computer off my bed and take it back to the office and leave it open as I go do whatever in another room. I wait 30 min and then close everything off. I haven't ever sat there and I have never even stayed in the same room. The second I see my score I'm off to do other stuff. But I don't want it sitting on my bed, as half the time it's very late at night so back into office it goes.
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
What internet are you all using?? The video is streamed as you are taking the test and uploaded to there servers, I have never waited the 15minutes after the test for it to "upload", if you have reasonable internet leave it there for a minute or two and close out. You don't want to shut down you internet/computer or power just in case but sitting on the page is doing nothing but recoding more for it to send.

If you have slower internet then you may want to leave the sit up for a bit. They can't say you were cheating if you walk away after your grade is up I wouldn't worry about them saying you did. Services like this upload in real time, so if you are capable of sending data at a reasonable rate there is no reason to sit there for 15minutes. I use Verizon fios and have had zero issues closing out after about a minute or two and just leaving the actual computer on.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I do the same as some of the other folks, leave my laptop open and go on with my day. Go close it later.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

I have terrible internet service but I've never left it open more than five minutes. I just kind of waited a couple minutes and then shut RP down, but stayed on the internet, opened study.com back up and went back to work.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
I've been just walking away, too. I figure even if it's recording, it's pretty obvious I'm not changing answers or anything if I'm not even THERE. Wink But then I got a little panicky about that. I'm afraid to shut it down before the 15 minutes, because it doesn't give you any indication of whether it's done or not. :/
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 237 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 757 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh
  Basic Question About Sophia Touchstones RachelB 10 1,919 10-09-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Google IT Support - course question and ACE rvm 2 949 01-29-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: rvm
  SDC BIO 101 - question on Labster Mr T 5 636 01-03-2023, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Mr T
  Study.com question - Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab Mr T 6 1,506 12-31-2022, 05:27 PM
  Question re: SDC Computer Science 204 - Database Programming raekwon 6 1,581 11-25-2022, 11:51 AM
  Another Sophia Spanish I question uncapentin 4 911 11-16-2022, 01:49 PM
Last Post: uncapentin
  Question about Coursera certificates & specializations Pikachu 7 2,949 08-24-2022, 04:51 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Question about SDC Bio101 Labs? Jwheels27 4 796 08-18-2022, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Jwheels27