Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Membership Pause Question
If I pause my Study.com membership, is it possible to come back before the time I set is up if I end up finishing my other classes faster than expected? E.g. if I pause for three months and then want to come back two months from now, would I be able to?

Also, if I pause my membership, do I lose the days remaining on my current month or do they just start the timer on those last few days when my membership is unpaused? To be specific, my first month doesn't end until the 9th (new billing month starts on the 10th), so should I wait until the 9th to pause it and try to knock out as many quizzes as possible before then to not "waste" membership days, or should I pause now and use the extra days later on?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(11-05-2018, 03:38 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: If I pause my Study.com membership, is it possible to come back before the time I set is up if I end up finishing my other classes faster than expected? E.g. if I pause for three months and then want to come back two months from now, would I be able to?

Also, if I pause my membership, do I lose the days remaining on my current month or do they just start the timer on those last few days when my membership is unpaused? To be specific, my first month doesn't end until the 9th (new billing month starts on the 10th), so should I wait until the 9th to pause it and try to knock out as many quizzes as possible before then to not "waste" membership days, or should I pause now and use the extra days later on?

Edit: Apparently pausing only starts and stops on the billing date. But that means the "pause" feature is nonsense since it doesn't really add any value. You can always just cancel and restart your subscription manually instead of using the "pause" feature and get the same net result. That wouldn't take effect until the billing date either.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
my experience with pause has been that you need to pause it from charge day to charge day. if you pause it in the middle of the month for 2 days, for instance, i dont think it gives you credit for 2 days at the end of the month

i have paused it twice and i couldn't swear to it but that's what i think happens
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(11-05-2018, 03:38 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: If I pause my Study.com membership, is it possible to come back before the time I set is up if I end up finishing my other classes faster than expected? E.g. if I pause for three months and then want to come back two months from now, would I be able to?

The pause goes into effect on the billing date -  in your example your billing date is 11/10, so if you paused today (11/05) for 3 months (until February 10th) you would keep all access until 11/09.  If on Jan 2 you decided to return you would have a new billing date (2nd of the month) and you would pick up right were you left off. The only thing that does not carry forward is exams not taken, if you left one exam left to take on 11/09 it is lost, but all other course progress (including quizzes) stay as they were. 

I have done this with Study.com more than once during my time to finish up at TESU so I speak from personal experience.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • ldmoose, Muldoon
(11-05-2018, 05:20 PM)allvia Wrote:

The pause goes into effect on the billing date -  in your example your billing date is 11/10, so if you paused today (11/05) for 3 months (until February 10th) you would keep all access until 11/09.  If on Jan 2 you decided to return you would have a new billing date (2nd of the month) and you would pick up right were you left off. The only thing that does not carry forward is exams not taken, if you left one exam left to take on 11/09 it is lost, but all other course progress (including quizzes) stay as they were. 

I have done this with Study.com more than once during my time to finish up at TESU so I speak from personal experience.

For anyone reading this thread in the future, I also heard back from Study.com directly and this is the correct answer. I pressed the "pause" button on my membership today and my membership will be active through the 9th.
Completed:

Up Next:

I did the pause on my account for 3 months and it is correctly done on the billing dates, it pauses on the billing date and resumes on that date as well...

Question: How did you get in contact with Study.com and get that answered so quickly?
Did you do so by phone or email? Or did you use the Contact Us option on their webpage?

I am trying to get in contact with the Study.com group using their "contact us" option on the webpage and haven't had followed up yet... just wondering what the best method is, by email or call?
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
(11-05-2018, 06:48 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: I did the pause on my account for 3 months and it is correctly done on the billing dates, it pauses on the billing date and resumes on that date as well...

Question: How did you get in contact with Study.com and get that answered so quickly?
Did you do so by phone or email? Or did you use the Contact Us option on their webpage?

I am trying to get in contact with the Study.com group using their "contact us" option on the webpage and haven't had followed up yet... just wondering what the best method is, by email or call?

I used the contact page. But the other time I used the contact page was about three weeks ago and I still haven't heard back, so it seems to be a crapshoot.
Completed:

Up Next:

(11-05-2018, 06:27 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 05:20 PM)allvia Wrote:

For anyone reading this thread in the future, I also heard back from Study.com directly and this is the correct answer. I pressed the "pause" button on my membership today and my membership will be active through the 9th.

Yes. That is how it works. I tried it at the end of my last billing cycle. The pause feature is helpful if you do not want the next billing cycle to immediately start once the current cycle ends. I needed to take a week-long break to attend to some other works, and I didn’t want to lose 7 days of study time. So, I paused and resumed once I had completed my responsibilities. I heard from Study.com that the benefit of pausing is that in case their pricing changes, you would still be able to avail of the earlier price if you have paused. But not if you cancel and resume again. Not sure if that makes sense.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,194 Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,279 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,470 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,609 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 967 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 691 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle