Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rasmussen College competency based MPH
I have been searching for a competency based MPH, and recently came across Rasmussen's online program, which they advertise for under $10,000. Does anyone have any experience with their online programs? Opinions? 
https://degrees.rasmussen.edu/mph/
[-] The following 2 users Like Popestt's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, Vle045
I'm doing a nursing degree with RU. Generally speaking, they have a good program, sensibly organized, with good resources and an easy to use LMS. I would recommend them.
It is very interesting only problem is they lack CEPH accrediation. I wonder if there are any other programs like this
I think they're a good program, several schools have come up with Nursing related Bachelors and Masters. I wrote about Rasmussen being bought out by American Public University System, I believe APUS is trying to merge their CBE programs with Rasmussen's offerings, thus growing their portfolio - Link:: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...asmussen-U
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-29-2021, 11:57 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I think they're a good program, several schools have come up with Nursing related Bachelors and Masters.  I wrote about Rasmussen being bought out by American Public University System, I believe APUS is trying to merge their CBE programs with Rasmussen's offerings, thus growing their portfolio - Link:: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...asmussen-U

I didn't know they were being bought by APUS. I plan to begin my MPH after I finish my DHSc, and am looking ahead at possible options. CEPH is a nice plus, but not completely necessary as my interest is more in Global health. I was also looking at Columbia southern University's MPH, but it is nationally accredited. They are a similar price, and both are competency based. I like Rasmussen's accreditation and reputation better though. It will be interesting to see how APUS handles the merger. I have been scared away from schools before due to merger (I was going to do my DHSc at The University of Bridgeport, but they were being bought out by Goodwin University, so I decided to complete the program at ATSU instead).
Rasmussen's programs aren't available in NY or RI.
(07-29-2021, 01:57 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Rasmussen's programs aren't available in NY or RI.

that is sad I live in New York  Sad
(07-29-2021, 02:47 PM)newdegree Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 01:57 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Rasmussen's programs aren't available in NY or RI.

that is sad I live in New York  Sad

Same deal with Walden. They're not an available in NY.
Has anyone done this? I have a friend super interested in a MPH. I'm kind of interested myself as well as it is a rapid growing field here in California.

What's the course load like? Are the assignments like 60 pages of research a month or more managable?

Edit: not available to Californians either.
Interesting I reached out to the school to get some information and was told the following when I asked if I was able to sign up for the program since I live in New York...
Admissions responded "Yes, we do enroll students from NY. Where did you complete your Bachelor’s degree?"
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SMC name change to Signum Magnum College - Free MBA?! bjcheung77 6 650 04-03-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 263 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,652 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
  South College Announces Executive MBA Darknigh7 11 903 01-03-2024, 05:16 PM
  Medical School, AMCAS, Prerequisites, Pass or fail, online college, etc... CanICode 22 3,640 10-18-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: CanICode
  Is Xenophon College London legit? SkintGradStudent 11 2,481 10-04-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: diletta_don
  Competency-Based MBA Programs without proctored tests klone 4 880 09-01-2023, 11:06 PM
  Southwestern College & New Earth Institute (Art Therapy, Consiousness MAs) ashkir 23 3,137 09-01-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Coursed Based Masters In IT SWE CS IS MIS ITM? sam98 13 1,154 08-16-2023, 07:53 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  CBE Masters in IT Management from South College EverSpinning 14 1,036 08-13-2023, 05:31 PM
Last Post: EverSpinning