Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-application Shenanigans
Don't forget that InstantCert has a study guide for World Population if you need it: https://instantcert.com/uexcel_study_guides Smile
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Tedium
(03-18-2022, 05:40 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Don't forget that InstantCert has a study guide for World Population if you need it: https://instantcert.com/uexcel_study_guides Smile

Awesome! I'm going to party like it's 2009! I honestly miss the high-stakes testing. It gives you a sense of accomplishment that's somehow different from SDC or Sophia. It'll be nice to have an InstantCert subscription and study my flashcards like the old days.

Bit of an update:

I misread the Free Electives section. That's just like the auxiliary pile if you need help getting to 120. It said up to 33 max, and I misread that as required. They didn't forget to add those credits, I just didn't need them. Good news there. 

Quote:Concerning the upper level, the registrar’s office equates those courses in the following way:  ENGL 3100 to ENG 210 American Literature 1; ENG 3150 to ENG 211 American Literature 2; ENGL 3160 to British Literature 1.  These went through the audit process from your previous time so they have already looked closely at those courses.  But keep in mind that your Capstone class will also be upper level, leaving you with just two upper level credits needed.  You can consult with your academic advisor after you enroll regarding filling the remaining upper level credits.

So, looks like I'll definitely be taking World Population. Good news again, because it's going to be fast and easy. I'm going to smash this out of the park!

I was going to post a copy of the degree audit, but they left off most of my alternative credit, so I don't think there's much of a point now. 

Only question I have outstanding is when/how/with whom do I set up my CPS. I'll let y'all know as soon as I do. 

brb subscribing to InstantCert.  Cool  
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tedium's post:
  • rachel83az
Alrighty, admissions wasn't too helpful about the CPS. They just said they thought I had to set it up before I took my Capstone, which is undoubtedly true. The sang there is that you are supposed to finalize your CPS when you take your Cornerstone. I took my Cornerstone umpteen years ago and finalized a CPS for the English concentration. No biggie. I imagine I'll just get with my adviser once I pay my deposit and get it knocked out.

They did say that I had until August to actually enroll. It's a six month window after your application. I think May still sounds good, but I'm happy to know I'll still have some cushion if something comes up.

Signed up for InstantCert again, and got some butterflies in my stomach. Not going to lie. I'm super excited about taking the World Population UExcel. I can either try to take it online, or there is a testing center the next town over. Much better than the 3 hours one way I would have had to drive for the DSST. I still kind of want to take the DSST, though. Does that make me a masochist? I'll keep listening to my lectures and audiobooks, which I was planning to do anyway at some point, and if I feel like I'm ready before I start COSC then I'll take it. Like I said, the subject matter is in-line with my Capstone topic, so it's not out of my way. But, I'll at least get the World Population done in the meantime, so I don't have any more hiccups.

Speaking of the online proctor, does anyone have any recent experiences with OnVue? I still need to search the board, but everything I had read previously was a little old. Any insights welcome because I'm only familiar with RPNow at SDC, which I had zero issues with. I'm a little nervous with all the horror stories about live proctoring that were out there for a while.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Can you help me with a COSC Application Fee Waiver Code? BlueSapphire 12 2,546 12-10-2021, 12:08 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC. Application and transcripts Seagull 10 1,993 12-17-2020, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Seagull
  COSC referral code for application fee waiver Lewis.Yim 8 2,464 12-11-2020, 05:44 PM
Last Post: adegree4me
  COSC application fee waiver SDO 0 1,028 10-20-2020, 11:22 AM
Last Post: SDO
  COSC application waiver fee Gradgreat 0 928 09-29-2020, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Gradgreat
  Charter Oak Application Time Table nilahti2 3 1,598 09-21-2020, 09:16 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  COSC REFERRAL CODE FOR APPLICATION nilahti2 6 1,801 06-02-2020, 12:18 AM
Last Post: GreggT67
  COSC Application Fee waive code BrendaB 1 1,124 06-01-2020, 03:18 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Charter Oaks Application Fee nilahti2 3 1,323 01-03-2020, 05:20 PM
Last Post: dharmastudios
  Anyone know if there is a COSC application fee waiver or coupon? JoshDosMil 2 1,405 09-13-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: JoshDosMil