Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reached my first goal
[SIZE="7"]Yipee!! hilarious yahoo!!:o [/SIZE]

Sorry for yelling I am just soooo happy. One of my goal for a long time has been to get 60 credits. With my CLEP Intro to Psyc pass today I did it!

Several years ago when the superintendent of my local school system said to me Why don't you apply to be a substitute I was embarrassed to say because I don't qualify. Finally today at least 5 years later I was so proud to walk into the school and ask for an application to be a substitute.

Anyone who is struggling to keep spirits up and continue studying let me tell you, it is not easy to do at my age, but the feeling of accomplishment is wonderful.

I took my first college course beginning in Aug of 1972. It may have taken me a very long time, but today I scheduled my last CLEP. the knowledge that my next goal my AA degree is that close is indiscribable.

Keep your head up and keep going, the personnal satisfaction is wonderful.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
That's EXCELLENT news Linda!!
Bachelor of Arts, 2008
87 Traditional Credits
27 Exam Credits
6 FEMA Credits

M.A., 2010  

*Now Homeschooling
that's great! i'm so glad to hear that someone has used this approach to furthur a career. i'm just working on getting my degree, not sure what i'll do with it, but it's great that you've accomplished so much that it impacts your life in this way. it's crazy that we have to be "qualified" via credits, etc when we are already actually qualified for the job... intelligence wise and whatnot.

also congrats on your score for history of vietnam-- i took the test a few weeks ago, and studying for that one was a doozy.
[COLOR="Indigo"]Taken and passed-
CLEP: precalc, college algebra, chemistry, american lit, english lit, principles of marketing, principles of management, sociology, history of western civ I, macroeconomics, microeconomics, biology (70!!!)
DANTES: history of vietnam war, art history, money and banking

Let me know if you need study advice on any of the above!

Coming up: Nothing! I'm finished with testing!!! Thank you all for your help and please contact me if you need some help in return.[/COLOR]
Way to go...nice work!!!
Excelsior BS - General Business - 2008
Jacksonville State University - MBA - 2010(Done)

121 credits...ALL DONE BABY!!!

54 credits transferred in from prior college
54 credits by examination
6 credits from community college
3 credits from CSU-Pueblo (Operations Management)
4 credits for Information Literacy and Business Strategy from Excelsior

CLEP:
Principles of Macroeconomics (64)
Principles of Microeconomics (61)
Principles of Marketing (66)
Principles of Management (72)
Info Systems and Comp Applications (57)
Introductory Business Law (65)
Social Sciences & History (61)
DSST:
Principles of Supervision (58)
Principles of Statistics (67)
Introduction to Computing (60)
Principles of Financial Accounting (56)
Principles of Finance (55)
Money and Banking (52)
Ethics in America (66)
Management Information Systems (58)
ECE:
Ethics: Theory and Practice (B)
Organizational Behavior ©

GMAT: 600
That must've felt great. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
Great job! Can't wait until I can say the same. . .
BA Social Sciences TESC 2009

CLEP
Humanities 64 | Intro Sociology 74 | Intro Psychology 74 | College Mathematics 60 | H.G. & Dev. 66
A&I Literature 65 | Educational Psychology 71 | American Government 67 | US History I 67 | US History II 72
Social Sciences & History 65 | English Comp 63
DSST
Civil War 61 | Substance Abuse 463 | Intro Computing 465 | Technical Writing 66 | Anthropology 66 | Prin. of Supervision 62
Enviro & Humanity 68 | Org Behavior 67 | Astronomy 60 | Ethics 467
ECE
World Population A | Research Methods in Psychology A | Adulthood & Aging A | Gerontology A | UExcel Political Science B

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Read My Story[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"] Tested out of 120 credits in 11 months. Started with [COLOR="Blue"]0[/COLOR] credits on April 20, 2008 - Finished on March 18th 2009
[/SIZE][COLOR="Navy"][COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#4B0082"]If you've been helped by someone on this forum then help someone on this forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another milestone reached! sanantone 16 1,787 03-14-2013, 02:10 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  What's your education goal in 2009? Professor_Adam 16 2,567 01-08-2009, 03:03 AM
Last Post: ImRaddDuhhh