Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really need advice about dual majors
Hi ,
First I am thankful for all your helps specially with bjcheung77
and ss20ts . I am almost done with all my classes towards my BLS minor management. Now since I have time I am thinking about dual minor. I talked with Jessica she told me I have to do Bus 343 , bus 400 and One of the following bus 440 or bus 401 or bus 469. I am on medication and have very bad anxiety. I am not comfortable with quizzes. That’s why I am taking human resource with study.com since I can make up with assignments and quizzes ( I have three chances ) .
I am little concerned if I enroll myself any of these classes and not pass it will affect my GPA. Any advice? Can I take these classes any other place ?
Thanks again for always being helpful.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sara143's post:
  • ss20ts
I just had an interview for admissions.  I asked about classes that will have exams vs classes that will have project-based finals or essay-based finals.  I was told all classes in the Fall semester and semesters going forward will *not* have exams but will be project and essay-based. 

Will you be taking those classes in the Fall?  If so, perhaps someone here or Jessica could confirm what I was told in my interview?
Robin
Member since 2008

~ Slowly collecting credits from a variety of sources. Almost finished with my baccalaureate degree.
Wow that’s really good news
Thanks
I'm hoping someone else will verify this.  I'm just one person who interviewed with one person.  Mistakes or misunderstanding can easily occur.  Perhaps someone else will chime in.
Robin
Member since 2008

~ Slowly collecting credits from a variety of sources. Almost finished with my baccalaureate degree.
(07-26-2023, 04:47 PM)Sara143 Wrote: Hi ,
and ss20ts . I am almost done with all my classes towards my BLS minor management. Now since I have time I am thinking about dual minor. I talked with Jessica she told me I have to do Bus 343 , bus 400 and One of the following bus 440 or bus 401 or bus 469. I am on medication and have very bad anxiety. I am not comfortable with quizzes. That’s why I am taking human resource with study.com since I can make up with assignments and quizzes ( I have three chances ) .
I am little concerned if I enroll myself any of these classes and not pass it will affect my GPA. Any advice? Can I take these classes any other place ?
There isn't really an alternative to BUS 343.

400, 401, and 469 are not exams.
My advice is finish the degree you started. You choose the BLS -Management, you're about to get it done - congratulations. There is no other minor on the BLS that UMPI that will offer any impactful value to your resume by adding a 2nd. Take a deep breath and enjoy the fact that you are about to cross the bachelor degree finish line, there is no reason to put more weight on your shoulders. Get through the last few courses and move on to celebrating your accomplishment.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 3 users Like allvia's post:
  • LakeMomNY, ss20ts, Vle045
allvia Wrote:My advice is finish the degree you started. You choose the BLS -Management, you're about to get it done - congratulations. There is no other minor on the BLS that UMPI that will offer any impactful value to your resume by adding a 2nd. Take a deep breath and enjoy the fact that you are about to cross the bachelor degree finish line, there is no reason to put more weight on your shoulders. Get through the last few courses and move on to celebrating your accomplishment.

This is what I would recommend as well, the BLS is a Liberal Studies degree as the Major, you have the Management Minor already, if you add more minors, in the end or at the end of the day, it's still a Liberal Studies degree. You already have a BA (although evaluated as an Associates) it's a BA from your nation before immigration here. You don't need extra minors, congratulate yourself on completing this journey!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • allvia, Vle045
(07-26-2023, 11:55 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
allvia Wrote:My advice is finish the degree you started. You choose the BLS -Management, you're about to get it done - congratulations. There is no other minor on the BLS that UMPI that will offer any impactful value to your resume by adding a 2nd. Take a deep breath and enjoy the fact that you are about to cross the bachelor degree finish line, there is no reason to put more weight on your shoulders. Get through the last few courses and move on to celebrating your accomplishment.

This is what I would recommend as well, the BLS is a Liberal Studies degree as the Major, you have the Management Minor already, if you add more minors, in the end or at the end of the day, it's still a Liberal Studies degree.  You already have a BA (although evaluated as an Associates) it's a BA from your nation before immigration here.  You don't need extra minors, congratulate yourself on completing this journey!

I agree with these
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • allvia
(07-26-2023, 04:47 PM)Sara143 Wrote: Hi ,

Definitely BUS401. It's a project based course. It's VERY similar to BUS400. BUS400 and BUS401 are not on the Strut Learning Platform, but instead you work directly with the professor via email and Zoom if needed. Both of these have a project not an exam. No quizzes either.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 195 04-19-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Looking for advice on degree path joec2534 10 921 01-26-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMPI BABA PM&IS Degree Plan Help (Advice) 4KJB 1 535 01-18-2024, 08:10 PM
  Planning advice and strategy - student seeking to do a second degree at UMPI kaa314 9 1,302 10-26-2023, 02:27 AM
  Very confused about GEC PLS need advice Sara143 21 1,230 09-10-2023, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Sara143
  Trouble Picking which Degree to Go For! - Any advice? cclocks8 39 2,024 08-16-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Project Based Elective Classes Advice LoveUSAgal 4 406 08-04-2023, 09:41 PM
  Advice for BA in History and Poli Sci from Sophia! picochily 11 860 08-01-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Dual/Double Degree Requirements whimsyUnleashed 21 2,050 07-25-2023, 08:15 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Credit advice for BA in Supply Chain Management jarrett312 5 719 03-11-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: dfrecore