Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendation Letter for Grad School
Hi everyone, so I just recently moved to Alaska from Nevada for family reason. I finished my BA through TESC on June 2014 and I want to get to grad school but I dont have contact with my previous professors or even those people that I work when I was in Army. Can someone help me for recommendation letter. Its probably not good to ask here but I really need help. I am planning on applying to University of Alaska Anchorage Master of Science in Project Management. I will appreciate all your help.
superpotsky Wrote:Hi everyone, so I just recently moved to Alaska from Nevada for family reason. I finished my BA through TESC on June 2014 and I want to get to grad school but I dont have contact with my previous professors or even those people that I work when I was in Army. Can someone help me for recommendation letter. Its probably not good to ask here but I really need help. I am planning on applying to University of Alaska Anchorage Master of Science in Project Management. I will appreciate all your help.

You should definitely contact TESC for a letter of recommendation. You can also request the emails of one or two of your favorite instructors. I think you should also contact the Army for a general recommendation letter. It does not have to be personalized. Maybe try the education office for help? Another consideration - you may have volunteered or are a member of an organization, even your church. Or possibly have a friend/neighbor with influence (business/political) that could also prepare a character reference letter.

From my research you need two and they can both be general if necessary. But if that's the case, I would also add a more personal character reference; especially if from a volunteer, religious, or political source. Just my opinion.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Thanks for the feedback.

bricabrac Wrote:You should definitely contact TESC for a letter of recommendation. You can also request the emails of one or two of your favorite instructors. I think you should also contact the Army for a general recommendation letter. It does not have to be personalized. Maybe try the education office for help? Another consideration - you may have volunteered or are a member of an organization, even your church. Or possibly have a friend/neighbor with influence (business/political) that could also prepare a character reference letter.

From my research you need two and they can both be general if necessary. But if that's the case, I would also add a more personal character reference; especially if from a volunteer, religious, or political source. Just my opinion.
I'm guessing fall 15 start? You have time to contact some prior folks, you have nothing to lose. Also, right now- today- get a volunteer gig going. If you can't find one, go make one. Your manager/supervisor/coordinator (in a few months) will be a perfect reference for you. My volunteer coordinator was my reference for grad school! (not an accident)

If I told you that contacting 3 people that tell you know is going to be scary and frustrating, let's say it differently. Make a list of 10, and I bet at least 2 say yes. Who cares if 8 say no? Good luck!
Thank you thank you thank you Big GrinCool

cookderosa Wrote:I'm guessing fall 15 start? You have time to contact some prior folks, you have nothing to lose. Also, right now- today- get a volunteer gig going. If you can't find one, go make one. Your manager/supervisor/coordinator (in a few months) will be a perfect reference for you. My volunteer coordinator was my reference for grad school! (not an accident)

If I told you that contacting 3 people that tell you know is going to be scary and frustrating, let's say it differently. Make a list of 10, and I bet at least 2 say yes. Who cares if 8 say no? Good luck!
Something that I have done is network with former colleagues through Linkedin. I was amazed at how easy it was to reconnect with former employers and colleagues.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nicaragua seizes all assets from INCAE Business School elcastor21 0 302 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Found: $1,500 (TOTAL) At-own-pace Law School dcan 48 9,250 08-28-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: resistk
  Elon Must Be Smoking Something. Twitter Gets Rid of Blue Bird Logo for the Letter X LevelUP 18 1,447 08-25-2023, 05:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Poll: Just not sure what to major in for grad school and which direction to go! Randyb100 21 1,572 05-26-2023, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  Can I get a High School Diploma after getting my GED and Associates? IReallyNeedADegree 24 2,736 02-06-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  College grad paralyzed after chiropractor visit bjcheung77 5 891 07-16-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  School Psychologists?? Vle045 3 917 01-21-2022, 03:22 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  U of Michigan removes School President bjcheung77 0 569 01-15-2022, 09:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Worst School Name Alpha 13 2,100 10-04-2021, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Should taxpayers fund any and every choice in school and/or major? sanantone 14 1,685 08-19-2021, 01:19 PM
Last Post: sanantone