Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Register for TECEP ?
Hello-

I am getting toward the end of this long road, the last section being TESC. I have only 1 guided study class (man-373) starting 3/1, and 4 TECEPs (Bus Policy, Sales Mgmt, Advertising and Security/Portfolio for BSBA Mgmt. I need to finish in May to start MBA in June, Sept 1 diploma ok w/ letter stating requirements finished.

For all the CLEPs and Dsst tests I took, I just had to show up and take the test. I know that I need to arrange for a proctor for each test, esp for G/S class- that needs to be done the first week.

I just want to make sure that I didn't have to register for the 3/1 semester in order to take these TECEPs. TELL ME they can be arranged at any time- even if you have you lie, tell me anytime......no just kidding, bu I just hope I didn't screw up.

Thank you in advance, Greg
Yes they can be arranged any time! I would get moving on it however because everything TESC does takes time... and sometimes lots of it!
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
TESC testing department requires that you register and pay for the TECEP test a few weeks before you want to take it. When you register on line there is a date that will show up stating that you have to take the test after that date. I think that is TESC's way of saying to not expect to take the test within the week. That said, they were very accomodating to me and rushed getting my test out. Once it is to your proctor, there is date that the test has to be completed by. It is about two weeks out so you have plenty of time for delays. My proctor got sick, then got married and then I got sick so we had some delays but still got the tests done before the listed date.

Since you have to take 4 TECEP's you should schedule them up right away and get them ordered. You can order all four at once, contrary to what the web site indicates, but you would have to get them all done within that two week period. Remember, it will take at least a week for TESC to send them to you -if not a bit longer. You can coordinate it with them via email or the phone. The Admin Assistant is Alma and she is very nice and very helpful. Theresa is the actual person who sends out the tests and she is very easy to work with too.

Reminder though..........TESC is not fast at all about getting the grades posted to your transcript. I was (and still am) under the gun to get all of my credits posted by April 1 for June 1 graduation. I sent a very detailed email asking "if I take the test on xx date and your office has it on xx date, please confirm that you will have the grades posted by april 1". I got back a "we'll give it our best shot" kind of response. I am going to start nicely hounding them starting the middle of this week just to be sure. So if you could allow a full month for TESC to have the tests back to grade and then post, you will have one less headache.

The TECEP's were along the same as taking a CLEP as far as difficulty. Filling in those bubbles was old school but it was fine. Actually, on some of the tests there would be 4-5 questions all in a row about the same topic which never happens on a CLEP. Also there were some questions where #21 had a question but the answer was right there in #22. Also, I marked up the actual test booklet quite a bit with circling the key words, marking the ones that I had to go back to, crossing off the obviously wrong answers etc. That was nice to be able to skip around and see the whole test at once.

Good Luck. TESC is easy enough to deal with once you find the right people who want to be helpful. They seem to have a whole new crew of advisors who have all be very knowledgeable, accomodating and helpful.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="6"]Joanne[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"] all exams completed in FEBUARY 2009
Human Growth & Development - 73 English Comp w/ Essay CLEP - 74 Educational Psych - CLEP...69
Social Psychology - TECEP Behavior Modif in Counseling -TECEP
Psychology of Personality - TECEP Experimental Psychology - TECEP Substance Abuse - DSST 441

all exams completed in MARCH 2009
Foundations of Counseling -DSST - 64 ALEKS Statistics for Behavior Sciences Organizational

[U]DONE! Bachelors of Arts in Psychology as of March 10! // Graduated June 2009[/U]

Moving On:
Off to Hawaii to Celebrate- March 14 / Start Masters in Education - April 1 / Praxis 1 - April 27/ Praxis 2 - July 2009 - 190 out of 200
Liberty University - Masters in Teaching - Elementary Ed - 30 credits completed as of February 2010. Love the School, Program, Staff and Courses! GRADUATING IN MAY WITH MASTERS IN TEACHING !

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,808 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,042 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,199 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,879 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,920 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,751 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,283 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,937 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,562 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew
  Cheapest TECEP sarahrahul 4 1,688 06-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Last Post: davewill