Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for some advice
Hello,

I had a last couple of questions as I wrap up my degree, with lots of thanks to this forum.

1. Is BUS 489 outside of the normal platform? As in, does the professor send you learning material and final assignment via email?

2. For Sophia.com, does the Introduction to Sociology: Embracing Diversity and Collaboration transfer as SOC 100? It seems like its a new course and I was wondering if it is the same as the Introduction to Sociology mentioned on this forum.

3. I am not very great at writing essays, and so I am kind of scared of the 5 page essay for HUM 103. Is there a quiz based alternative to it on Sophia?

Thank you again for all your help. 7 years in and out of college, I am finally finishing my degree!!!
(11-20-2021, 03:01 AM)yuktadoctor Wrote: Hello,

I had a last couple of questions as I wrap up my degree, with lots of thanks to this forum.

1. Is BUS 489 outside of the normal platform? As in, does the professor send you learning material and final assignment via email?

2. For Sophia.com, does the Introduction to Sociology: Embracing Diversity and Collaboration transfer as SOC 100? It seems like its a new course and I was wondering if it is the same as the Introduction to Sociology mentioned on this forum.

3. I am not very great at writing essays, and so I am kind of scared of the 5 page essay for HUM 103. Is there a quiz based alternative to it on Sophia?

Thank you again for all your help. 7 years in and out of college, I am finally finishing my degree!!!

2. The new Intro to Soc course should work just as the old one did, except that it's more work - you might want to take it elsewhere (possibly even UMPI) - I'm probably going to think about taking the CLEP

3. Study.com has HUM 201: Critical Thinking & Analysis, but it has 3 assignments: 2 1500-word essays, and a 2500-word essay - so UMPI is a MUCH better option; an even better but longer option - taking a fun art course at your local CC like Photography, painting, ceramics, etc. But if that's going to hold up your degree, it's not worth it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Pikachu
(11-20-2021, 03:01 AM)yuktadoctor Wrote: Hello,

I believe BUS489 is in the platform. You can check with Cody. 

That 5 page essay is going to be VERY SHORT compared to many other classes at UMPI. You will be writing papers/projects for most of your classes t UMPI. Use HUM103 as a way to familiarize yourself with APA and getting more comfortable writing papers. If you only want to take exams, UMPI is not the best option.
1) Yes, for example, it's in the requirements for the BA Accounting and BABA Management & Leadership

2) Sophia.org course should be fine, if you have more "room" for transfer, go for it. If you need classes to take at UMPI for residency, take it there.

3) Sophia.org doesn't have an equivalent, you can take it at Study.com though. Again, if you need classes for residency at UMPI, take it there instead.

OMG! You're so close to getting this done! You've got this my friend!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for advice on degree path joec2534 10 870 01-26-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMPI BABA PM&IS Degree Plan Help (Advice) 4KJB 1 476 01-18-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Planning advice and strategy - student seeking to do a second degree at UMPI kaa314 9 1,241 10-26-2023, 02:27 AM
  Very confused about GEC PLS need advice Sara143 21 1,132 09-10-2023, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Sara143
  Trouble Picking which Degree to Go For! - Any advice? cclocks8 39 1,884 08-16-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Project Based Elective Classes Advice LoveUSAgal 4 358 08-04-2023, 09:41 PM
  Advice for BA in History and Poli Sci from Sophia! picochily 11 824 08-01-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Really need advice about dual majors Sara143 8 629 07-27-2023, 09:57 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Credit advice for BA in Supply Chain Management jarrett312 5 700 03-11-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Looking for advice twy2024 5 765 12-30-2022, 12:39 PM
Last Post: twy2024