Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Requesting Help With BSBA GM - Want To Finish For September Graduation
Hello Hello! I guess I'm here to ask for help, information and a degree plan!

I am looking for the something similar to this person: BA in 16-18 Weeks
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...weeks.html

I am overseas and here are the courses I have completed so far for ACE credit. Thanks,

I did all the FREE ones here: Free Sources of Credit | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia
Ethics 312, NFA Q0118 + Q0318, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams, TEEX (all 3)

ALEKS: Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Precalculus, Trigonometry

Straighterline In Progress: English Composition I, English Composition II, Introduction to Communication, Introduction to Programming in C++

Straighterline Completed
Accounting I
Accounting II
Anatomy & Physiology I
Anatomy & Physiology II
American Government
Business Communication
Business Law
Business Statistics
Cultural Anthropology
Economics I: Macroeconomics
Economics II: Microeconomics
General Chemistry I
Financial Accounting
Introduction to Environmental Science
Introduction to Nutrition
Introduction to Religion
IT Fundamentals
Managerial Accounting
Medical Terminology
Microbiology
Organizational Behavior
Principles of Management
Survey of World History

Requesting Help With BSBA GM - Want To Finish For September Graduation

What courses are missing for a BSBA GM? Where/What can I take to complete graduation requirements? Thanks,
You have taken way too many science courses that don't fit anywhere, unfortunately. Some will be dropped off the plan entirely. You probably would have done better getting a plan together ahead of time, because you still need 2 courses in Humanites/SocSci for the knowledge of Human Cultures. If you would have taken 2 history courses or psych and sociology or something like that, you would have been better off.

Here's what you need to take:

1) 2 SocSci/Hum courses - history, comm, religion, Psych, etc.

2) Principles of Finance

3) Principles of Marketing

4) Business in Society or International Business

5) Business Capstone

6) 2 courses in the Area of Study; 1 needs to be MAR or FIN; the 1 needs to be UL

I suggest you sign up for Study.com, and take Finance & Marketing for sure, plus Digital Marketing & Advertising. You'd probably do well with one of the UL Accounting courses there too - whichever one everyone says is the easiest (Applied Managerial Accounting or Advanced Accounting).

Here are the things to look out for:
a) don't take many more SL courses, as there is a max of 90cr that TESU will take from a single source, and you're getting close to it
b) don't take any additional courses that won't fit into the plan
c) apply at TESU if you haven't already, and sign up for the affiliate membership with Study.com
d) register for the business capstone for the July term (June term registration is over)
e) apply for December graduation (the capstone course won't be over until September 24, which is too late for the September graduation; the soonest you can graduate is December
f) get the rest of your courses done

Here's a plan for you to see what you have remaining:

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">Lewis.Yim TESU BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 39.04 KB / Downloads: 75)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hi! Thank you for your prompt reply. You are an angel in disguise! My goodness, such great advice and an amazing spreadsheet!
I will take all the advice I can get from you and everyone. I looked at the spreadsheet and your details. I have a few questions.

From reading your post, I think I will take the most out of Straighterline as I still have $188 credit with them (already paid).
I want to make some changes to the spreadsheet, but don't have excel, will the following work for me? Can you please update?
I am on an Ipad Mini, and don't know how to edit it. I really thank you again for all your work (for me and everyone you helped)!

Since I have credit for Straighterline, I want to take Criminal Justice, Psychology, and Sociology, and move CJ/Psych to Human Cultures.
I want to move two of my general education elective sciences, Environmental Science, Nutrition to the Physical/Natural World.
For Intro to C++, I will move that to "other" (bottom of list), I will move Microbiology and Sociology into Gen Ed Electives

- I really really like the Straighterline format , can I take Criminal Justice, Psychology and Sociology for the missing two/three courses
- With the moves above, and also adding these three courses, have I gone over the "threshold" of 90 credits you mentioned?

2) Principles of Finance - I will take this at Study.com as per your spreadsheet template
3) Principles of Marketing - I will take this at Study.com as per your spreadsheet template
4) Business in Society or International Business - Take at Study.com
5) Business Capstone - Take at TESU Online

6) 2 courses in the Area of Study; 1 needs to be MAR or FIN; the 1 needs to be UL
- I will take the Digital Marketing & Advertising recommendation, but because I am going for General Management, I would like to get more "courses" there
- I hope it work if I take the Human Resource Management and Project Management at Study.com, would you agree?

I do once again thank you for your time and volunteering your energy/resources in helping everyone on this forum.
I've noticed your work and really admire you for what you have done. If there is anything that you help with (non education related), please ask.
I might not be the smartest cookie on the block, but I am available to help with anything practically. dfrecore Thank you, Thank you!!
Thanks again to dfrecore for the pointers and the spreadsheet, it's very helpful in seeing where I am at currently.
This thread will be my accountability thread and it will be used to document my educational journey and progress!
Current plan is to finish SL in progress: English Composition I+II, Intro Communication, Intro Programming in C++

Required/Left to complete: TESU Online - Business Capstone
Straighterline: Criminal Justice, Sociology, Psychology
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Principles of Marketing, International Management, Digital Marketing & Advertising, Human Resource Management, Project Management

Note: Can someone update the spreadsheet with the information above? I can't seem to edit it on my side with an Ipad Mini.
I would like to take all the required courses with Straighterline and Study.com as everyone seems to be using these two providers.
Even though Davar and Saylor courses are mentioned often, I am not too fond of having my classes graded by one pass or fail exam.
I would only add that you call TESU on Tuesday morning and ask if an exception can be made to allow you to register for the June term TECEP. If you wanted to take a course for a grade, I would recommend SOS-110 or MAT-105 or one of the UL courses in AOS.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:I would only add that you call TESU on Tuesday morning and ask if an exception can be made to allow you to register for the June term TECEP.

Thanks for the reminder, I'm actually registered for the June TECEP already, but I wanted to leave the spreadsheet by dfrecore slightly customized.

It's almost perfection, I also thank you bricabrac for your quick responses to my PM and with the great amount of detail you share with me.

The girls and guys on this forum are such great volunteers! You all deserve a praise for providing such great help for users such as myself.

Side note: In case I make a boo boo on the TECEP, I'll have to do the TESU course online (I hope I get it done on the first try!). Thanks again!
Thank you for the spreadsheet template, now I can create something for a BSBA specifically geared for SL/Study.com
Now, gonna check out your BALS templates so I can create one strictly for SL/Study.com usage, I think the UL is hard to find.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Lewis.Yim Wrote:Since I have credit for Straighterline, I want to take Criminal Justice, Psychology, and Sociology, and move CJ/Psych to Human Cultures.
I want to move two of my general education elective sciences, Environmental Science, Nutrition to the Physical/Natural World.
For Intro to C++, I will move that to "other" (bottom of list), I will move Microbiology and Sociology into Gen Ed Electives

- I really really like the Straighterline format , can I take Criminal Justice, Psychology and Sociology for the missing two/three courses
- With the moves above, and also adding these three courses, have I gone over the "threshold" of 90 credits you mentioned?

2) Principles of Finance - I will take this at Study.com as per your spreadsheet template
3) Principles of Marketing - I will take this at Study.com as per your spreadsheet template
4) Business in Society or International Business - Take at Study.com
5) Business Capstone - Take at TESU Online

- I will take the Digital Marketing & Advertising recommendation, but because I am going for General Management, I would like to get more "courses" there
- I hope it work if I take the Human Resource Management and Project Management at Study.com, would you agree?

You are actually making it harder than it needs to be - by taking too many classes!!! You're also moving things around that don't matter. Swapping courses out doesn't make a difference at all.

Here's what you need to do (I'm assuming you will finish the 4 In-Progress SL courses):
1) CJ at SL
2) Psych at SL
Your Knowledge of Human Cultures is now full. Don't take Sociology, you don't need it! (or swap out any of these - you need 2 out of the 3)
3) Take Principles of Finance at Study.com
4) Take Marketing at Study.com
5) Take Digital Marketing at Study.com
6) Take Project Management OR Human Resource Management at Study.com
7) Take International Business - at Study.com or through Davar (I've heard Study.com is a real pain for this course). Plus, you don't need another course, so you would be paying $199 for 2 courses, but you only need 1. Davar is currently $99 for unlimited courses, so cheaper (in June).
8) Take the Capstone TECEP
You're done.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">Lewis.Yim TESU BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 36.41 KB / Downloads: 12)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Update: My journey to a BSBA CIS & General Management degree - My courses completed and courses remaining.
I started this fresh (0 credits) with the help of bricabrac (Capstone TECEP), dfrecore/sanantone (degree plan) and many more!

Completed:
FREE (11 free electives): Ethics 312, NFA Q0118+Q0318, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams, TEEX (all 3)
ALEKS (15 math credits): (Beginner+Intermediate+College Algebra), Precalculus, Trigonometry

STRAIGHTERLINE (78 credits): Accounting I+II, Anatomy & Physiology I+II, American Government, Biz Communication, Biz Law, Biz Statistics, Criminal Justice, Cultural Anthropology, Macro+Micro Economics, General Chemistry I, Financial Accounting, Intro Environmental Science, Intro Nutrition, Intro Religion, IT Fundamentals, Managerial Accounting, Medical Terminology, Microbiology, Organizational Behavior, Principles of Management, Psychology, Sociology, Survey of World History

Remaining:
STRAIGHTERLINE (15 credits in progress): English Composition I+II, Intro to Communications, Intro to Programming C++, Biology

STUDY.COM (18 credits - not started): International Management, Project Management, Digital Marketing & Advertising, Marketing Research, Deciding on two more courses

TESU (3 credits - not started): Capstone TECEP last week of August (if fail, Capstone online course)

**Changing some of these courses, example: Using Saylor for Principles of Marketing and Penn Foster for Principles of Finance.
Note: I am taking the maximum (90) credits through Straighterline and the remaining courses at Study.com to finish the degree.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
Update: I passed the Business Capstone as well... Much thanks to Bricabrac for the helpful notes and Bjcheung77 for advising me to also take the Strategic Management course at Penn Foster for 3 UL Business Elective credits. $117+329 for a total of $446, 6 credits! Woo hoo!
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lewis.Yim's post:
  • akr680

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  7 years later - College graduation... bjcheung77 0 333 05-20-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transcript hold at college. How to finish CS degree elsewhere? HawkofDarkness 35 2,766 10-18-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Alpha
Question Graduation Rate for DegreeForum Members? LevelUP 9 1,074 06-14-2022, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  College Graduation Statistics Alpha 7 972 05-20-2022, 06:53 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  College Stories: Florida Students Share Their (Sometimes) Rocky Roads to Graduation LevelUP 0 431 04-23-2022, 10:48 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Finish: This is how it looks like! (78 years later) bjcheung77 1 867 12-30-2021, 08:39 PM
Last Post: clep3705
  Finish! 70 years later - 88 year old grandpa bjcheung77 2 763 12-29-2021, 08:38 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Long-term Salaries after Graduation smartdegree 1 688 11-30-2021, 01:41 AM
Last Post: jch
  College Graduation Statistics Alpha 0 545 11-29-2021, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Difference between BSBA from TESU vs BABA from UMPI harrit 12 2,356 07-27-2021, 08:57 AM
Last Post: dfrecore