Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Residence Waiver Fee (TESU)
Unless things have changed - The current web page here indicates the following: https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees

NOTE: The Credit Hour Residency Waiver fee is a one-time fee that only applies to students who do not earn at least 16 credits via the University’s Online (OL), Guided Study (GS) or e-Pack (EP) courses before they complete their degree or undergraduate certificate. If a student pays the fee, and does not apply for graduation within 12 months, they will be required to pay additional credit hour residency waiver fees.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680
(11-23-2019, 09:34 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Unless things have changed - The current web page here indicates the following: https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees

NOTE: The Credit Hour Residency Waiver fee is a one-time fee that only applies to students who do not earn at least 16 credits via the University’s Online (OL), Guided Study (GS) or e-Pack (EP) courses before they complete their degree or undergraduate certificate. If a student pays the fee, and does not apply for graduation within 12 months, they will be required to pay additional credit hour residency waiver fees.

Unclear about the residency waiver fee if someone graduates and goes back to TESU for another degree. Does the degree have to be completed within the original 12 month period of when the residency waiver fee was paid, OR is there no set period because of first degree graduation from TESU?
I'm half asleep when I type this...hope it's clear as mud...

Residency Waiver Fee is applicable for students who earn less than 16 credits via TESU courses for an associates or bachelors degree. Let's get down to the examples below to see when a fee is required and the only two ways of "getting around that".

If you complete a certificate or an associates degree, you can pay for the residency waiver fee and it will be for 12 months, so if you complete a bachelors within that time frame, you're good - otherwise, you'll have to pay for a second residency waiver for the bachelors. If you are paying for the cert, associates and bachelors degree, the residency waiver is "void" at that date, it can't be used for another degree.

If you complete a certificate, an associates, and a bachelors degree at the same time, you just need to pay a residency waiver for it, if you are going for a second certificate, associates, or a bachelors any time AFTER the first residency waiver, you need to pay AGAIN - regardless of time you finished the first degree (it could be 1, 2, 3 months or 1, 2, 3 years).

Now, there are only two ways to get around paying a secondary residency waiver for a second degree (associates or bachelors).
1) You pay the residency waiver when you are done with both degrees, example, you finish your BA and BSBA at the same time.
2) You have completed 16 credits for the first degree at TESU, that residency requirement has been met for the second degree.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680
perfectly clear, thanks. No rush to get a second bachelors at TESU because of residency waiver fee.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HogwartsSchool's post:
  • akr680
(11-23-2019, 09:03 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 07:32 PM)Ideas Wrote: ePacks were brought up earlier in the thread, and I don't think they count anymore.

Where have you seen this?

I concur with Ideas, I recall seeing the post  - someone posted this after speaking with TESU. I don't recall who but it was withing the last few months.

Although - according to their site they do, so I'd double check. It wouldn't be the first time an advisor gave wrong information to a student.  It also would not be the first time something on the TESU wasn't updated - https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees

"NOTE: The Credit Hour Residency Waiver fee is a one-time fee that only applies to students who do not earn at least 16 credits via the University’s Online (OL), Guided Study (GS) or e-Pack (EP) courses before they complete their degree or undergraduate certificate. If a student pays the fee, and does not apply for graduation within 12 months, they will be required to pay additional credit hour residency waiver fees."
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • akr680
(11-24-2019, 08:43 AM)allvia Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 09:03 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 07:32 PM)Ideas Wrote: ePacks were brought up earlier in the thread, and I don't think they count anymore.

Where have you seen this?

I concur with Ideas, I recall seeing the post  - someone posted this after speaking with TESU. I don't recall who but it was withing the last few months.

Although - according to their site they do, so I'd double check. It wouldn't be the first time an advisor gave wrong information to a student.  It also would not be the first time something on the TESU wasn't updated - https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees

"NOTE: The Credit Hour Residency Waiver fee is a one-time fee that only applies to students who do not earn at least 16 credits via the University’s Online (OL), Guided Study (GS) or e-Pack (EP) courses before they complete their degree or undergraduate certificate. If a student pays the fee, and does not apply for graduation within 12 months, they will be required to pay additional credit hour residency waiver fees."
I know there's been posts (including mine) about how ePacks don't count for financial aid, but I don't recall seeing a post about them not counting for residency waiver. I read every post on here, by my memory is far from flawless
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • davewill
Meeting the residency waiver requirement is not the same as meeting the requirement for Financial Aid.

According to the Financial Aid Handbook: "Financial aid will not be awarded for TECEP examinations, Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) or e-Pack." The handbook can be found here.

Also from the handbook: "... you need to be enrolled for at least 6 credits per term in the term awarded to be eligible for most federal aid."
Daughter 1: Completed: TESU BALS (CLEP, ALEKS, CollegePlus)
Daughter 2: Working on: TESU BA-LSSS
CLEP: 51 credits (Eng Comp Modular, Intro Soc, History of US I & II, Human Growth and Dev, Intro to Educational Psych, Social Sci and History, Western Civ I, Analyzing and Inter Lit, Prin of Marketing, Prin of Mgmt, French I & II)
Upcoming CLEPs: Colllege Math, Biology, Prin of Macroeconomics, Spanish I, Amer Govt
Planning to take/do: SDC, DSST
Me: UPenn BA Sociology (Many years ago, '89, and much debt at the time), Looking into debt-free distance MBA or other Master's
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsBulletPoints's post:
  • Ideas
(11-24-2019, 11:00 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: I know there's been posts (including mine) about how ePacks don't count for financial aid, but I don't recall seeing a post about them not counting for residency waiver. I read every post on here, by my memory is far from flawless

Ok, I must have remembered wrong. Thanks!

Do schools generally need the resident credits to fit into the degree?

For example, what if someone does 18 credits in a major area of study, but then changes majors? Do they have to do 30 more resident credits or only 12? Or an in-between amount based on how many of the credits can be used for electives?

(11-24-2019, 02:11 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I'm half asleep when I type this...hope it's clear as mud...

Residency Waiver Fee is applicable for students who earn less than 16 credits via TESU courses for an associates or bachelors degree.  Let's get down to the examples below to see when a fee is required and the only two ways of "getting around that".  

If you complete a certificate or an associates degree, you can pay for the residency waiver fee and it will be for 12 months, so if you complete a bachelors within that time frame, you're good - otherwise, you'll have to pay for a second residency waiver for the bachelors.  If you are paying for the cert, associates and bachelors degree, the residency waiver is "void" at that date, it can't be used for another degree.

If you complete a certificate, an associates, and a bachelors degree at the same time, you just need to pay a residency waiver for it, if you are going for a second certificate, associates, or a bachelors any time AFTER the first residency waiver, you need to pay AGAIN - regardless of time you finished the first degree (it could be 1, 2, 3 months or 1, 2, 3 years).

Now, there are only two ways to get around paying a secondary residency waiver for a second degree (associates or bachelors).
1) You pay the residency waiver when you are done with both degrees, example, you finish your BA and BSBA at the same time.
2) You have completed 16 credits for the first degree at TESU, that residency requirement has been met for the second degree.

Wording kind of confused me. 

"If you complete a certificate or an associates degree, you can pay for the residency waiver fee and it will be for 12 months, so if you complete a bachelors within that time frame, you're good"   then you added " If you are paying for the cert, associates and bachelors degree, the residency waiver is "void" at that date, it can't be used for another degree."

I have an ASNSM and a BSBA CIS I'm almost done with.  Can I graduate with the associates now and pay and wait 11 months for the BSBA CIS on the same waiver fee?
TESU - BA CS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 3 62 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,558 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 610 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 505 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 531 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 27 2,250 04-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,325 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 250 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM