Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Risk of duplicate (and uncounted) credits?
I'm only interested in math and sciences. If I took as many different math classes - e.g. all of Sophia's and SDC's math classes - is it possible they would be duplicates on my evaluation and therefor not count? I was thinking they could fill in for electives.
Yes, courses duplicate when they are transferred in with the same course name/number and you'll be wasting energy, money, time on the same course... If the course name/numbers are different when they transfer in, then they will not duplicate, these would be ones I would take... Unless you really want to "relearn/review material", I would not recommend retaking courses with the same name again...

Examples: I took StraighterLine Fundamental of IT and Sophia.org Introduction to IT for review, they will come in the same CIS-107, I also took other courses such as ALEKS College Algebra, Trig, Precalculus and I have a duplicate Precalculus credit. There are a few more... just make sure to take courses that don't duplicate and you should be fine.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Just make sure you check the equivalencies. Some of SDC's courses overlap one another or Sophia. See https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html for SDC and https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List for Sophia.

If you took Math 102, Math 107, and then College Mathematics at Sophia, that'd be 6 wasted credits because TESU counts all of them as being equivalent to MAT-105 Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
CLEP college math comes in as MAT-102, MAT-103
https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/en/Curre...CLEP-Exams
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
MAT 102: College Mathematics (SDC) and MAT 107: Quantitative Literacy (SDC) duplicate >> MAT-105
MAT 101: College Algebra (SDC) >> MAT-115
College Algebra (Sophia) and MAT 105: Precalculus Algebra (SDC) duplicate >> MAT-121
MAT 103: Precalculus (SDC) >> MAT-129
MAT 104: Calculus (SDC) >> MAT-231
GEOM 101: Intro to Geometry (SDC) >> MAT-260
MAT 108: Discrete Math (SDC) >> MAT-270

Intro to Statistics (Sophia) and STAT 101: Principles of Statistics (SDC) duplicate >> STA-201

Not sure what Sophia's new college math courses come in as:
Introductory Applied Math (last I heard, it didn't)
Intro to College Math (unknown but guessing MAT-102 or MAT-105 if they take it - MAT-102 doesn't duplicate anything above)

For sure these don't work at TESU
Foundations of College Algebra (nope)
Foundations of Statistics (nope)

You'll use 1 math for the Quantitative Lit area, then you can use 2 100-level ones in the BALS LL AoS, then the rest of the 100-level ones in Free Electives. The 200-level ones can definitely be used in the BALS LL AoS.

Obviously you should also do Sophia's Human Biology, the new Intro to Chemistry (both in Science area) and then Environmental Science in the BALS LL AoS.

SDC's BIO 102: Basic Genetics (BIO-241), BIO 105: Anatomy & Physiology (BIO-210), BIO 106: Pathophysiology (BIO-216), and NUTR 101: Science of Nutrition (BIO-208) are all good 200-level options for the BALS LL AoS as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jch

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 208 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 334 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 497 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 526 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 639 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Less Than 15 Credits Left for TESU Flat Rate Term mariobros1985 7 825 11-22-2023, 09:38 PM
  TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options? shows55 2 445 11-12-2023, 11:40 AM
  Competency based certifications for Electronics and Nuclear credits? sciencemathematics1 5 515 09-23-2023, 12:31 PM
  RA Credits from a Community College? mulhearnmusic 2 335 09-16-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: mulhearnmusic