Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACTFL is back through 5/31/2023!
The number of credits you can get depend on the rating you get; and different schools treat these different ways (and some of these exams may duplicate each other), so you will want to make sure you check with your school prior to taking any exam.

Languages & info for each type of test:

OPIc ($105, oral, computer-based, max credit 6UL+6LL):
Arabic, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Pashto, Persian-Farsi, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese

OPI ($159, oral, phone interview with real person, max credit 6UL+6LL - this exam duplicates OPIc):
Afrikaans, Akan-Twi, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Baluchi, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Cantonese, Cebuano, Chavacano, Czech, Dari, Dutch, English, French, Ga, Georgian, German, Greek, (Modern), Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hiligaynon, Hindi, Hmong-Mong, Hungarian, Igbo, Ilocano, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kashmiri, Kazakh, Kikongo-Kongo, Korean, Krio, Kurdish, Lao, Malay, Malayalam, Mandarin, Mandingo-Bambara, Nepali, Pashto, Persian-Farsi, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian/Croatian, Sindhi, Sinhalese, Slovak, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tajik, Tamil, Tausug, Telugu, Thai, Tigrinya, Turkish, Turkmen, Uighur, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Wolof, Wu and Yoruba

LPT ($50, listening, max credit 6LL - this exam MAY duplicate the LL portion of the OPI/OPIc exam):
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish

WPT ($105, writing, max credit 6UL+6LL):
Albanian, Arabic, Chinese-Cantonese, Chinese-Mandarin, English, French, German, Greek (Modern), Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian-Farsi, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian-Croatian, Spanish, Turkish, Urdu, and Vietnamese

RPT ($50, reading, max credit 6LL - this exam MAY duplicate the LL portion of the WPT exam)
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Pikachu, StoicJ
After completed and results are in, how do you send the credits to TESU?
I sent them through ACE this time (about 2 weeks ago), still haven't heard back.

Around September 2020, I had sent it in originally through ACE and they required a notarized copy. I printed out the certificate from the site took it to a local notary, they saw me sign the paper, notarized it and then I mailed it to TESU and that got me some original credits.
(01-21-2021, 02:38 PM)Seagull Wrote: After completed and results are in, how do you send the credits to TESU?

I know that TESU requires the certificate directly from ACTFL/LTI.  Not sure if they also require the ACE badge?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Does anybody know if UMPI accept ACTFL for credits?
They accept ACE for credit . I believe ACTFL is ACE recommended
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • Kab
Does anyone know if you can retake OPI exams if you want to improve the score?
"ACTFL Retest Policy requires a wait time of 90 days between retakes (a one-time waiver of the 90-day wait time is permitted). Consult with faculty on when best to take your OPI. In general, it is best to take it soon after your study abroad semester."
link to pdf (from google):
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...Vhxa2x_jAY

This is for teacher...but I guess to apply to everybody on the waiting period.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kab's post:
  • Pikachu
Ok thank u

For those who are interested - response on retest policy
"With regards to our retest policy, a candidate can take two tests within 90 days period, but for the third time will need to wait until 90 days have passed."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 197 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 388 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,253 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  These Rural Texans Opted Out of a Degree. This Community College Wants Them Back LevelUP 1 387 12-22-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  A Look Back at College Closures and Mergers in 2023 LevelUP 0 287 12-22-2023, 11:09 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Coursera Plus for $1/month... Expires Sept 21, 2023 bjcheung77 7 1,250 11-22-2023, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  50 States - Average cost of college 2023 bjcheung77 1 396 08-16-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  2023-2024 Pell Grant Max: $7395 (Options to use this) bjcheung77 8 1,482 07-31-2023, 10:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Labor Market Outcomes of College Graduates by Major by New Yotk Fed 2023 learnforlife 0 705 03-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: learnforlife
  Average Salaries Of College Graduates 2023 LevelUP 0 504 02-01-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: LevelUP