Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC 307: Software Engineering | ACE -Course contains overlapping versions in our DB
(07-17-2019, 02:19 PM)kphung29 Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 01:56 PM)akr680 Wrote: Finally, the issue got fixed and added as a UL credit.

Hi @akr680,

I hope you get it approved for UL credit.  Seems like the consensus from the advisors are it'll come in as LL.  There's an ongoing discussion on the other section as well.    

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-UL?page=2

Hopefully with it showing from your ACE transcript or Study.com's transcript that'll approve it as UL then.  I emailed the registrar's office and got this response for now.. 

"Thank you for your email. I believe this change is very recent and Thomas Edison will need to review the course once Study.com sends us the information on the course. This can take several weeks though.

I am not sure if you would like to wait or decide on taking another course."

Thanks for the details. I am pursuing BS IT, therefore, LL also fine.
------------------

(07-17-2019, 01:56 PM)akr680 Wrote: Finally, the issue got fixed and added as a UL credit.

Thats amazing news, congrats
[-] The following 1 user Likes stalintouch's post:
  • akr680
I am still in the process of trying to get SDC 307 Software Engineering to come in as UL.  So far, it's been denied by both the registrar and all advisors I've spoken to.  Aside from phone calls, I emailed both departments separately with the course description and the updated UL recommendation from ACE's website to no avail.  I emailed Study.com a few weeks ago and finally got this response.  I am trying to make it for December's graduation so I registered for August term Network Technology TECEP as my last UL requirement... but hopefully this course will get approved and I can take this instead.  

Support Ticket #681522      

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out with this inquiry. 

We have sent TESU a notice of this course's updated recommendation. I do not know how long it will take TESU to update their transfer guide or policies. 

Please let us know if you have other questions.

Best regards,
Jenny Moser Jurling

The Study.com Team
(08-02-2019, 08:01 PM)kphung29 Wrote: I am still in the process of trying to get SDC 307 Software Engineering to come in as UL.  So far, it's been denied by both the registrar and all advisors I've spoken to.  Aside from phone calls, I emailed both departments separately with the course description and the updated UL recommendation from ACE's website to no avail.  I emailed Study.com a few weeks ago and finally got this response.  I am trying to make it for December's graduation so I registered for August term Network Technology TECEP as my last UL requirement... but hopefully this course will get approved and I can take this instead.  

Support Ticket #681522      

Hello,

We have sent TESU a notice of this course's updated recommendation. I do not know how long it will take TESU to update their transfer guide or policies. 

Best regards,
Jenny Moser Jurling

The Study.com Team

When did you complete the course?  Because that's what makes the difference.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-02-2019, 09:37 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 08:01 PM)kphung29 Wrote: I am still in the process of trying to get SDC 307 Software Engineering to come in as UL.  So far, it's been denied by both the registrar and all advisors I've spoken to.  Aside from phone calls, I emailed both departments separately with the course description and the updated UL recommendation from ACE's website to no avail.  I emailed Study.com a few weeks ago and finally got this response.  I am trying to make it for December's graduation so I registered for August term Network Technology TECEP as my last UL requirement... but hopefully this course will get approved and I can take this instead.  

Support Ticket #681522      

Hello,

Best regards,
Jenny Moser Jurling

The Study.com Team

Hi @dfrecore, 

No, I haven't taken it yet.  I was waiting for the course to be approved as UL before I started.  Not sure if I should just follow through with the TECEP to be on the safe side or just take the risk and complete the course and have it show up as upper level on the ACE and Study.com transcript and continue the appeal.
(08-02-2019, 10:03 PM)kphung29 Wrote:

Support Ticket #681522      

Hello,

Best regards,
Jenny Moser Jurling

The Study.com Team

Hi @dfrecore, 

No, I haven't taken it yet.  I was waiting for the course to be approved as UL before I started.  Not sure if I should just follow through with the TECEP to be on the safe side or just take the risk and complete the course and have it show up as upper level on the ACE and Study.com transcript and continue the appeal.

Since it will cost you $200 to take the Study.com course, and $225 to take the TECEP, then you're probably better off doing the TECEP.  I would get that approved though - I am not sure it will work for the CS degree (although I'm not sure you're getting the BACS, so I have no idea what I'm talking about LOL).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-03-2019, 12:55 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

Support Ticket #681522      

Hello,

Best regards,
Jenny Moser Jurling

The Study.com Team

Hi @dfrecore, 

Since it will cost you $200 to take the Study.com course, and $225 to take the TECEP, then you're probably better off doing the TECEP.  I would get that approved though - I am not sure it will work for the CS degree (although I'm not sure you're getting the BACS, so I have no idea what I'm talking about LOL).

I got Computer Architecture left on SDU so I'll have an exam left over to take Software Engineering so long as it's approved lol.  I confirmed with the advisors about Network Technology TECEP comes in as UL AOS for the BACS.
(08-03-2019, 02:52 PM)kphung29 Wrote:
(08-03-2019, 12:55 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

Support Ticket #681522      

Hello,

Best regards,
Jenny Moser Jurling

The Study.com Team

Hi @dfrecore, 

I got Computer Architecture left on SDU so I'll have an exam left over to take Software Engineering so long as it's approved lol.  I confirmed with the advisors about Network Technology TECEP comes in as UL AOS for the BACS.

Back in June I asked my adviser if SDC Software Engineering was counted as UL, and he said it needed to be reevaluated by TESU. I followed up last week, and he told me that it was confirmed to be LL, regardless of the ACE recommendation :/
BS in Data Science & Analytics and BA in Computer Science and Mathematics at TESU (June 2019 to June 2020)
In-progress:
MS in Cybersecurity at NYU (January 2021 to December 2022?)
MCIT in Information Security and Assurance at NAU (September 2020 to March 2021)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SAYLOR CS302: Software Engineering - TESU transfer onlinelearner99 8 2,518 01-24-2022, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  CS302: Software Engineering SAYlOR- enddate onlinelearner99 8 1,363 05-07-2021, 07:58 PM
Last Post: onlinelearner99
  Study.com webcam/proctoring software question AwardTour 16 4,867 09-28-2019, 03:38 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Saylor Software Engineering armstrongsubero 2 1,795 12-22-2018, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Ideas