Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC Database Management ruled ineligible for TESU BS CIS
From my latest transfer evaluation completed this morning, TESU ruled the Study.com Database Management course as ineligible for credit under the CIS AOS. No problem with the Systems Analysis & Design course.

I had no intention of ever speaking to advising, but this will probably cause me to do so.
In progress: TESU: BS CIS | Coursera: Google IT Support
Completed: TESU: BSAST Nuclear Engineering Technology (2004)
(05-30-2023, 03:54 PM)TopHatWombat Wrote: From my latest transfer evaluation completed this morning, TESU ruled the Study.com Database Management course as ineligible for credit under the CIS AOS. No problem with the Systems Analysis & Design course.

I had no intention of ever speaking to advising, but this will probably cause me to do so.

Did you take COMPSCI 107: Database Fundamentals or COMPSCI 303: Database Management?  Because the 1st will not work, the 2nd should (it has for YEARS).

What course equivalency did they give it?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • jch, origamishuttle
(05-30-2023, 04:46 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Did you take COMPSCI 107: Database Fundamentals or COMPSCI 303: Database Management?  Because the 1st will not work, the 2nd should (it has for YEARS).

Yeah, that's why I made this post, because it really surprised me. I took CS-303: Database Management. It's been on the wiki here for at least 4-5 years that I know of, and the ACE recommendation is good well into 2024.

Equivalency came through as CIS-3110, which is the same course number as TESU's own Database Management course. 

I'll have a chat with advising and see if I can get it straightened out. I hope it was just an error, not a policy change.
[-] The following 2 users Like TopHatWombat's post:
  • jch, origamishuttle
(05-30-2023, 04:57 PM)TopHatWombat Wrote:
(05-30-2023, 04:46 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Did you take COMPSCI 107: Database Fundamentals or COMPSCI 303: Database Management?  Because the 1st will not work, the 2nd should (it has for YEARS).

Yeah, that's why I made this post, because it really surprised me. I took CS-303: Database Management. It's been on the wiki here for at least 4-5 years that I know of, and the ACE recommendation is good well into 2024.

Equivalency came through as CIS-3110, which is the same course number as TESU's own Database Management course. 

I'll have a chat with advising and see if I can get it straightened out. I hope it was just an error, not a policy change.

Definitely seems like an error, I would appeal it.

I'm also wondering if they made any changes with the new degree?
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • jch, origamishuttle
(05-30-2023, 04:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm also wondering if they made any changes with the new degree?

That's my fear, that it's a change due to the switch to it's own "BS" instead of under the "BSBA".
Fwiw I went to the academic eval. For cis and it listed complete.
Hmm, could you send a screenshot of what it looks like? The entire evaluation along with the notes/other field... Interesting, maybe an error in the 'automatic' system but may need a 'manual' override due to the course numbering changes. Pictures are worth more than a thousand words when trying to explain things...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The TESU to Study.com was recently updated so everything should be current
https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html

TESU will usually follow ACE recommendations though not always
https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...65f38bf0e1
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • origamishuttle
(05-30-2023, 09:35 PM)LevelUP Wrote: The TESU to Study.com was recently updated so everything should be current
https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html

This shows the course equivalency - but it doesn't say what area something will work in.  So knowing a course comes in as ABC-123 does not give you info on how ABC-123 will be used in a particular degree.
It's weird since I transferred last month and everything was fine.
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,352 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 532 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 457 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 377 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Operations Management Cert Add-on Dosada 2 189 03-26-2024, 05:20 AM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 301 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az