Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC Papers
I took a final about 3 weeks ago without turning in the paper first. I have Psych 316 ready to go right now and I haven't done any of the 4 required assignments for it but I just tried to register for the final right now and it lets me do it.

So if it's new it must only be new for certain courses. Have you done all the quizzes? Because the final is locked til those are done for sure.

If you want, post the course number and I'll go take a look at it.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(10-10-2020, 10:17 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: I took a final about 3 weeks ago without turning in the paper first. I have Psych 316 ready to go right now and I haven't done any of the 4 required assignments for it but I just tried to register for the final right now and it lets me do it.

So if it's new it must only be new for certain courses.  Have you done all the quizzes? Because the final is locked til those are done for sure.

If you want, post the course number and I'll go take a look at it.
I apologize.  I was totally wrong and misunderstood some directions.  Everyone here was right in that the test can be taken, but SDC said not to take it first.  "You must submit your assignment before registering for the final. Below you will find prompts and instructions for submitting your assignment."

Thank you so much for your kind offer.
It's no problem. Alot of us have been using Study.com for awhile (3 years for me) and it can definitely be confusing at first but if you ever need anything we're happy to help
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • BetaBen
Said some this already, but needed to add info. After I turned in paper, I received the paper grade quickly. However, that grade did not show up on my dashboard until after the final was completed. So, if you get that message about submit the assignment and here's the instructions and you know you already have the grade from assignments, don't be concerned. just keep the email with your assignment grade.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • Dorothy44
(10-12-2020, 07:20 PM)P226mem Wrote: Said some this already, but needed to add info. After I turned in paper, I received the paper grade quickly. However, that grade did not show up on my dashboard until after the final was completed. So, if you get that message about submit the assignment and here's the instructions and you know you already have the grade from assignments, don't be concerned. just keep the email with your assignment grade.

Thank you!
(10-10-2020, 03:19 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Don't forget that you can subscribe at the middle tier for SDC, do the quizzes and work on the papers. Then when you're ready to take the exam(s), subscribe at the $200 level. Saves a bit of money.

My sons are hoping to do this for a course now because the course has 3 papers due.  Is there an advantage to signing  up for the middle tier over the much cheaper $30 first tier?  Except for the rubic and all paper info, isn't everything else in the first tier that you need to write the papers??  Do you have any other suggestions?  Thank you again.
The cheapest tier doesn't give access to the quizzes. So you can't tell how well (or not) you're doing. If that doesn't matter, subscribing to the lowest tier should be fine for getting the paper requirements.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-01-2020, 03:50 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The cheapest tier doesn't give access to the quizzes. So you can't tell how well (or not) you're doing. If that doesn't matter, subscribing to the lowest tier should be fine for getting the paper requirements.
Thank you.  We are done with the quizzes and test.  We just need to write the papers, and then go on break for Christmas.  Thank you!
I think that there are instructions on the forum on how to submit papers even after you're no longer at the $200 level. I haven't tried doing this myself. But if it works then you're golden.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Yes, you can still submit papers after your subscription ends, you can email them to request a link to upload the paper.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Muldoon's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Research Papers Study.com joshua27 1 580 01-21-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Study.com Submit Papers without Subscription zilla 4 1,104 11-21-2020, 06:25 PM
Last Post: zilla
  UL Study.com without papers and projects BrendaB 8 1,635 11-16-2020, 04:06 PM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Sophia courses that require papers and other things that require grading. RizP 5 1,316 07-08-2020, 05:11 PM
Last Post: OldManOfTheSea
  Do Study.com word counts for papers include works cited? gutenburg7 6 1,762 10-05-2019, 08:10 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Turnitin truncating papers? a2jc4life 21 3,629 08-13-2018, 12:33 PM
Last Post: davewill
  DAVAR papers GoldieLux 1 1,338 04-16-2018, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Ideas