Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL Study.com without papers and projects
Which UL Study.com courses don't require a paper or project?  I enjoy History courses, so they would be my first choice for UL credits towards BALS degree.
Um...None! (absolutely none of them - as some lower level will also have assignments such as the computer science and programming courses), they all have at least 1 paper or project to do. I would go through some courses in the equivalency/transfer page and see which interest you most. Another option is to check out some Davar courses for Business courses that can be used in Liberal Arts studies (they're mainly test out), or you can view Coopersmith courses as they are mainly exams with some areas in the exam that requires a couple of short sentences for written answers or responses...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Michelle779
All UL courses require a paper or project of some kind.

It's just a fact of life and you have to get used to it.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Some of the SDC UL courses will have fewer papers than others. I second the suggestion to go through the courses (on the transfer guide specific to your chosen school) and make a list of how many paper and how long of a word count. You can see those assignments without having a paid account. The history courses tend to have more and longer papers. That's part of that discipline. I did 2 UL SDC courses in other disciplines toward a BALS at TESU that had fewer and shorter papers. Doable in the midst of family funerals and things. not a fun summer. but ok. and 2 coopersmith courses (accepted at tesu) to get some UL credit. as mentioned, some of those coopersmith exams may have short essay on exam (and they don't mean 1000-2000 words answer. but well developed paragraph to cover the points. similar to being in an in person course and having to complete a test in short time). not all of the coopersmith courses do. you'll want to ask them directly if you can see a syllabus with details before purchase.

cost and time an issue to thinking you pay for an extra month? With a paid account you'll get the rubric, but you can get started before that. And some people like to paid for the "non credit" subscription while studying and writing papers and then change to credit cost in case you can't get it all done in a billing cycle.

are they tough graders like the horror story thread with another provide and eng comp 2: I was nervous about the papers too because of time constraints and some non school things going on at the time. But I got through it. Follow the assignments, cite some sources. My public library had access to some academic resources online so I could even find academic sources. Fair graders in my opinion.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

If you're worried about a particular course or courses, I currently have a full SDC membership. I can PM you the full requirements for the ones or ones you're interested in. Honestly, the requirements look worse than they actually are (IMO) once you get to work.

If you get 100 points on the quizzes (super easy), you only need to get 55% each on the paper(s) and the exam. If you do really well on the exam, you can completely bomb the paper and still get credit. Reverse example: I submitted my project for Programming in Python before I even finished the course (because I had enough prior experience to complete the project). I got a good enough grade that the exam is really just a formality at this point. An annoyance.

I'm not super thrilled about having to write papers either but SDC is pretty fair about everything so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Again, if you want specific requirements, just let me know.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • RachelB
I appreciate all of your input.  Thank you
I'm trying to think of an UL course I've taken at a college that didn't require a paper or at least essays......I can't think of any!
Yeah you just have to learn to love them. I'm taking an associates at SDI right now and I have to write multiple papers a week for even the 100 level classes. It's just part of how they do it now because you can't BS your way through a paper the way you can a multiple choice exam.

You definitely aren't getting through any UL courses without writing some 2 or 3 thousand word papers so you just have to learn to do it.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(11-15-2020, 10:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Um...None! (absolutely none of them - as some lower level will also have assignments such as the computer science and programming courses), they all have at least 1 paper or project to do.  I would go through some courses in the equivalency/transfer page and see which interest you most.  Another option is to check out some Davar courses for Business courses that can be used in Liberal Arts studies (they're mainly test out), or you can view Coopersmith courses as they are mainly exams with some areas in the exam that requires a couple of short sentences for written answers or responses...

I second BJ's advice on Davar/Coopersmith.

I was able to test-out of all my UL coursework.  I passed one UExcel exam, The Institutes Ethics, TEEX Info Risk Managment, two Davar courses and six Coopersmith courses.  Thirty UL credits with zero papers or assignments.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • tussive

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 4 111 Yesterday, 03:20 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,457 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,628 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,209 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 762 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 369 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,040 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,914 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 595 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 315 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue