Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC Plans and speed for Database management
1) I'm just getting on SDC 303 database management to get some UL credits for TESU, CSI 311. I realise I needed to submit this course all by 31 Jan 21, this mth, which leaves about 18 days to do the work. I did a basic CS50 mooc, but trying to rush through this, do you think all things considered I'd make it? I can't seem to find many write up about this course. 

2) Also how does the SDC plan work, I just quickly signed up for a "basic" will i be able to watch all the videos, then go back into it and do all the quiz/assignments/projects with an upgrade? Or do I need to use the "College Accelerator" plan? How do most people use the site?
Completed TESU BA in CS & Math
Target grad school: OMSCS, or UoTA MOCSO. (Contemplating research)

Database management is, IMO, relatively easy. 18 days should be plenty. But I do have some prior experience with MySQL. If you have some experience with DBs, it shouldn't be too hard. If you don't have prior experience with DBs, it might be a bit more difficult. The assignment only takes an afternoon or so and you can submit it at any time.

I would highly recommend that you upgrade to at least the middle tier and do the quizzes as you watch the videos. Trying to go back and do the quizzes later will (IMO) eat up precious time. But, since your deadline is the end of the month, you might as well upgrade to the highest tier right now. You can always downgrade next month.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-12-2021, 06:33 AM)StudentOLife Wrote: 1) I'm just getting on SDC 303 database management to get some UL credits for TESU, CSI 311. I realise I needed to submit it all by 31 Jan 21, this mth, which leaves about 18 days to do the work. I did a basic CS50 mooc, but trying to rush through this, do you think all things considered I'd make it? I can't seem to find many write up about this course. 

2) Also how does the SDC plan work, I just quickly signed up for a "basic" will i be able to watch all the videos, then go back into it and do all the quiz/assignments/projects with an upgrade? Or do I need to use the "College Accelerator" plan? How do most people use the site?

My sons just finished the quizzes and final exam today!  The quizzes and exam take a week, and the assignment usually takes a week. They will start work tomorrow on the assignment.  They can knock out a course in two weeks working on it mostly full time not counting weekends.  You will need to sign up for the "College Accelerator" in order to take the final test, see the info/rubic for the assignment, and to transfer credits.  They will charge just the additional funds to the upgrade.  18 days is close getting it all done and transcript sent, but it can be done especially if you are a quick reader.  I have two sons that just took the course. One son scans most things and does the quizzes, and makes very good grades without much effort.  My other son is a slower reader, and he prefers the videos, but he typically does a bit higher on the actual projects.  Remember, you only have to pass the course!  My sons get a little competitive and tend to be a little picky on every point. 

Here is a good link to some info about the course too.  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...roject-FYI
I'm a bit confused about SDC courses that have to be completed and transferred to TESU by Jan 31.
I'm probably missing something.

Is there a list of them somewhere?
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
wrong link. Never mind.
Sorry @dorothy, it's only for this course. I see, we only have to pass it? great! It wasn't really clear how many % to get credits for SDC, where do you see this?

@rachel83az, with the middle tier, will my quizzes count (ie. don't have to go back)? Which means I'll just update it to the final tier when I'm ready to take on the project and proctor exams?

Lastly, what is the process of converting SDC credits to TESU, any potential delays I should watch out for? (ie. Does it take a while from SDC's side to issue the ACE credits)
Completed TESU BA in CS & Math
Target grad school: OMSCS, or UoTA MOCSO. (Contemplating research)

(01-12-2021, 06:52 AM)doom Wrote: I'm a bit confused about SDC courses that have to be completed and transferred to TESU by Jan 31.

It's due to them expiring in ACE. However, this course has been extended which means that they're almost certainly renewing it:

Computer Science 302: System Analysis & Design
ACE ID: SDCM-0163
February 1, 2018 to March 31, 2021
Recommended credits: 3
Computer Science 303: Database Management
ACE ID: SDCM-0164

These two courses were expiring at the end of the month. You can always check the National Guide to see when a given course expires. https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...ation.aspx

(01-12-2021, 07:07 AM)StudentOLife Wrote: Sorry @dorothy, it's only for this course. I see, we only have to pass it? great! It wasn't really clear how many % to get credits for SDC, where do you see this?

@rachel83az, with the middle tier, will my quizzes count (ie. don't have to go back)? Which means I'll just update it to the final tier when I'm ready to take on the project and proctor exams?

Lastly, what is the process of converting SDC credits to TESU, any potential delays I should watch out for? (ie. Does it take a while from SDC's side to issue the ACE credits)

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Study.com if you haven't already read it. It explains how the points work. 

Yes, your quizzes are stored at the middle tier. You can bounce around the tiers all you want and your progress is saved. You can even cancel or pause your subscription and you won't have to go back and redo things that you have already done.

TESU does NOT accept SDC courses on an ACE transcript. They only accept transcripts directly from SDC itself. When you have the college accelerator plan, there is a link on your dashboard to send transcripts to TESU. It usually takes about 48 hours for your request to be processed and SDC to send your transcript to TESU.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(01-12-2021, 07:10 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 06:52 AM)doom Wrote: I'm a bit confused about SDC courses that have to be completed and transferred to TESU by Jan 31.

It's due to them expiring in ACE. However, this course has been extended which means that they're almost certainly renewing it:

These two courses were expiring at the end of the month. You can always check the National Guide to see when a given course expires. https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...ation.aspx

Thank you,

I had checked the National Guide, and I saw those two courses expiring on March 31. Then I saw people mentioning Jan 31.
Now I understand from your answer that they have been extended by 2 months.

Hope I got it right.
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
(01-12-2021, 07:26 AM)doom Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 07:10 AM)rachel83az Wrote:

Thank you,

I had checked the National Guide, and I saw those two courses expiring on March 31. Then I saw people mentioning Jan 31.
Now I understand from your answer that they have been extended by 2 months.

Hope I got it right.
Are they expected To be renewed beyond March for another couple of years ? Or not ?
(01-12-2021, 08:55 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Are they expected To be renewed beyond March for another couple of years ? Or not ?

If a course is extended, that generally means that it's going to be extended for another couple of years, yes. It doesn't always show up right away, though.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 254 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,296 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Sophia Project Management MrBossmanJr 19 3,325 09-15-2023, 06:00 PM
  Sophia - Principles of Management Kones 6 2,051 02-12-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: tsgreer
  Question re: SDC Computer Science 204 - Database Programming raekwon 6 1,526 11-25-2022, 11:51 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com - Can you change plans monthly? StudiousTraveller 9 1,354 05-24-2022, 08:52 PM
  For those of you taking CS204 Database Programming joeguida 13 5,704 02-02-2022, 01:26 AM
Last Post: creedthots
  Saylor BUS402: Project Management ClockworkHammer 4 1,209 11-19-2021, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  SQL - Intro to Database Queries akr680 3 639 08-05-2021, 03:59 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Davar Adademy - Accounting 302 - Accounting for Management bookred 2 1,062 06-22-2021, 02:21 PM