Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL Comp II - Drafts vs Final
I have never hated a class as much as I hate this one. I have taken way too long to complete it.  I am finishing the essays and the drafts are coming back completely different than the marked assignments. Things that one person says to change, the next is saying is wrong and that I should have left.  The feedback of a strong thesis statement on the draft is coming back as a weak thesis statement on the final.  I know I have to let it go, turn in the work, and be done with it.  My marks are still good, I am just getting nothing from this class. I just needed to vent.
This has been complained about many, many times on this forum. It's why most of us stopped recommending SL for English Comp, and started going with other options.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-23-2020, 11:10 AM)Tlm Wrote: I have never hated a class as much as I hate this one. I have taken way too long to complete it.  I am finishing the essays and the drafts are coming back completely different than the marked assignments. Things that one person says to change, the next is saying is wrong and that I should have left.  The feedback of a strong thesis statement on the draft is coming back as a weak thesis statement on the final.  I know I have to let it go, turn in the work, and be done with it.  My marks are still good, I am just getting nothing from this class. I just needed to vent.

Hi Tlm, StraighterLine here. Thanks for your feedback about our English Comp draft review process. While we employ only highly qualified faculty evaluators, there can be some variability. That being said, we take our course standards very seriously.  Once faculty begin working directly with students, we regularly monitor their performance through multiple methodologies, including review of student feedback. As such, we'd be interested in learning more about your experience. Please private message us with your email address, and our academic manager will reach out to you directly. 

Note: We also want to highlight that we have a good reconciliation process – students just need to reach out to an advisor (877) 787-8375. Doing so helps us improve and gives you additional feedback as part of the process. 
(01-23-2020, 04:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote: This has been complained about many, many times on this forum.  It's why most of us stopped recommending SL for English Comp, and started going with other options.

Personally, I had a good experience with the teacher-led version of the SL English Comp courses. The instructor for those courses also grades the papers and is very consistent in the grading and notes.

If you go with the regular version, you'll get random assessors each time and they may contradict each other.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(01-28-2020, 04:55 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 04:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote: This has been complained about many, many times on this forum.  It's why most of us stopped recommending SL for English Comp, and started going with other options.

Personally, I had a good experience with the teacher-led version of the SL English Comp courses. The instructor for those courses also grades the papers and is very consistent in the grading and notes.

If you go with the regular version, you'll get random assessors each time and they may contradict each other.

I will clarify: it's why most of us stopped recommending the regular version of English Comp on SL, and started going with the more expensive teacher-led version, or other course providers.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Not sure if this helps but worked for me. I would upload the draft first and name it as such, ie Paper on blah DRAFT.doc Then when a revision was needed upload again same name but replace draft with FINAL, ie blah Final.doc . I had a pretty good experience doing this and always got a better score. I took both courses and they are definitely challenging but it shouldn't hold you back.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 896 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 333 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  English Comp 2 dbrown2258 7 811 09-10-2023, 01:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Did my first ever final exam on Study.com. Realized Google Chrome was still minimized Tyranova 2 798 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Tyranova
  Sophia final milestone ID verification Jwheels27 30 4,617 07-11-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: imnvs
  English comp 2 Sophia/study.com/olivia/tel? SweetsugarNL 12 3,795 07-03-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Trying to speedrun some SDC classes: Eng 2, Comp. Arch, Soft. Eng, Python 101 Randyb100 16 1,841 06-25-2023, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Randyb100
  Sophia English Comp 1 Touchstone Issue arrakis 29 7,222 06-21-2023, 05:05 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  study.com Final Exam Review Leo Wu 4 717 05-30-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Study.com final exams lidel 15 3,255 05-23-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Pats20