Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Biol101L Final Help!!
My son - not science person - is about to take the 3rd attempt at Biol 101 L final. Failed/got below the threshold for needed points the first 2 times. I know it just doesn't stick.

He has taken the practice exam 3 times so far and googling/reviewing every question - received a 72, 78, 74. His exam attempts have been 30% and 42% I'm very concerned he won't pass this third time.

He's been watching reviewing flash cards, lessons. Any hints? This is a super challenging exam for a non-sciencer IMO. Very broad and questions very specific.

Thanks!
Review old questions right before and don't rush it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lacussucceed's post:
  • Clepper43
(03-25-2020, 09:33 AM)Clepper43 Wrote: My son - not science person - is about to take the 3rd attempt at Biol 101 L final. Failed/got below the threshold for needed points the first 2 times. I know it just doesn't stick.

He has taken the practice exam 3 times so far and googling/reviewing every question - received a 72, 78, 74. His exam attempts have been 30% and 42% I'm very concerned he won't pass this third time.

He's been watching reviewing flash cards, lessons. Any hints? This is a super challenging exam for a non-sciencer IMO. Very broad and questions very specific.

Thanks!

I find that mine do better when I read the flashcards to them vs. them just reading it on their own.  Same with reviewing all the Chapter tests. Then, when I see some gaps, we can discuss or review the lesson.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinMom's post:
  • Clepper43
Why do you have to google the missed questions? Study.com gives you the answers
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

With the lab course are you sure it isn't 'good enough' already.  How did he do on the Quizes and Lab? For the SDC Bio 101L course the final exam is only worth 33% vs the standard Bio 101 in which it is 66%

https://study.com/academy/course/biology...nformation
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(03-25-2020, 03:28 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: Why do you have to google the missed questions? Study.com gives you the answers

Actually it was googling the practice exam questions before he answers. But often times the search results are the SDC lessons so it is convenient.
(03-25-2020, 09:33 AM)Clepper43 Wrote: My son - not science person - is about to take the 3rd attempt at Biol 101 L final. Failed/got below the threshold for needed points the first 2 times. I know it just doesn't stick.

Thanks!
How old is he?
Did you get my PM? How did he do? Is he working on the other Biology without lab course just to "re-learn/re-view" the info? I would recommend if he's not done this already, to take the entire course for the Biology without lab but not do the final - just take a practice final, then go back to the Biology with lab and do that final.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Clepper43
(03-29-2020, 03:27 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Did you get my PM? How did he do?  Is he working on the other Biology without lab course just to "re-learn/re-view" the info?  I would recommend if he's not done this already, to take the entire course for the Biology without lab but not do the final - just take a practice final, then go back to the Biology with lab and do that final.

You have great advice! That may be what we should do. It doesn't help to be in a hurry even though he's ready to be done! Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,364 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,490 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,746 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 607 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 262 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue