Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management
I'm reporting my Davar Academy experience simply so that others can find it when they search, since I wasn't able to find a whole lot of recent such threads here on the forum.

I purchased the MAN-330 International Management course a few days ago. The only thing provided was a 104-slide PowerPoint deck in PDF format. They also provide a link to the digital edition of a Pearson textbook, which requires a $10/mo subscription at a minimum of four months. The previous edition of the same textbook, in hardback, was available on Amazon, in used condition, for $10-$15 from dozens of sellers. I did not purchase the textbook.

To study for the exam, I read half the PDF file yesterday, and the other half this morning. Then late in the afternoon, I read through the entire thing a second time. After that, I installed the RPNow secure browser, paid the $15 proctoring fee, did the room scan, and took the test.

The test itself consisted of 60 multiple choice questions and 10 short answer essay questions. Many of the the multiple choice questions were verbatim from the slide deck. There were maybe half a dozen questions that asked something about specific theories published by specific researchers, and these were not covered in the slide deck. I'm pretty certain I got every one of those questions wrong.

On the essay questions, I was absolutely clueless on 4 of the 10. But the essay questions are worth 4 points each, compared to 1 point each for the multiple choice questions, so it would have been stupid to leave them blank. So, I wrote the best answer I could with whatever context was provided in the question.

Despite the fact that I took the exam in the evening, it was graded within a few hours. That turn around speed surprised me. I received an email with my scores broken out for both the multiple choice section and the essay questions, and much to my surprise I scored higher on the essay questions than I did the multiple choice.

I should add that I have a lot of domestic small business experience, and have been deep in the TESU business core course for the last three weeks. So experience plus recent exposure to other business topics probably assisted here. If you're going to do a speed run through the core business subjects, they do start to reinforce each other by the end of that train.

After your exam is graded, send a transcript to your university by using the "Request" link in their navigation menu at the top of the website. It's not located inside the part of the side where you login. The first transcript they send is free, others are a small fee.

So that was how the Davar Academy process worked. Hopefully that is helpful to somebody else down the road that finds this post.

As for this particular exam, it was definitely challenging. Certainly the most difficult exam I've taken so far in the TESU business core sequence. I anticipated that, and intentionally saved it for near the end. That said, it's certainly doable. I'd suggest reading the provided slide deck multiple times over the course of a week, and maybe even purchasing the previous edition to the textbook and at least skimming through it.
In progress: TESU: BS CIS | Coursera: Google IT Support
Completed: TESU: BSAST Nuclear Engineering Technology (2004)
[-] The following 3 users Like TopHatWombat's post:
  • MrPanda, PLEX, TwinMom
Thanks for the detailed breakdown of the process and Congrats on passing!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

Thank you, I'm planning to take this one during April.
I finally took my second Davar Academy exam. Adding this to my previous post just in case somebody comes searching for it in the future.

This weekend's adventure was CIS 315 Management Information Systems. I barely passed. But, I also barely studied. If you have more experience than I do working with enterprise software as part of your job, this might be an easier test for you.

For this course, aside from the PowerPoint PDF they provide you, you are also given end-of-chapter quizzes from the textbook, with an answer key. I only read the first five chapter quizzes. I suggest reading all of them. Multiple times. In retrospect, I should have copied them into one big Word document, paired the question to the correct answer, and just used that as a study guide. If I had done this, I would have been much better prepared for the test, including for the essay questions.

So read the PowerPoint study guide a few times. Read the chapter quizzes a few times. You'll be well-prepared for this test if you do this.
In progress: TESU: BS CIS | Coursera: Google IT Support
Completed: TESU: BSAST Nuclear Engineering Technology (2004)
Davar Academy is $199 for Business Class:

"Become a "Business Class" member for $199
​and get two business courses a month for free!"

(it was $99 for two business courses before)

But they are giving a 50% discount:

https://www.davaracademy.com/half-off.html

So it´s the same.
Ouch, seems they've gone up in pricing... it won't be worth it until people use the 'half-off' option...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-04-2023, 03:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Ouch, seems they've gone up in pricing... it won't be worth it until people use the 'half-off' option...

Davar Academy seems to be charging $150 for each course without the half-off coupon now. Their website says that each course would cost about $70 each, but I don't think they updated it. Oh well, at least I'll be taking advantage of this coupon now that I'll be taking MAN-315 with them for the BACS that I want to complete.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,252 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 252 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia English Composition II Experience lifted567 14 1,745 01-04-2024, 05:47 PM
  Sophia Project Management MrBossmanJr 19 3,325 09-15-2023, 06:00 PM
  American Dream Alumni Academy? acethroughcollege 18 4,270 07-10-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,263 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Experience with Alison? SCYankee 10 1,347 06-27-2023, 05:29 PM
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,150 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
  Can anyone share their experience with Edx Critical Business Skills course by SNHU? lorabel 7 1,453 03-17-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Sophia - Principles of Management Kones 6 2,051 02-12-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: tsgreer