Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOS-110 feedback?
Has anyone taken SOS-110: "Critical Information Literacy" at TESU yet? Any feedback? I am wondering how the new class is, I know there is old feedback for the old SOS-110, I am asking specifically about the new version of the class. 

I sent TESU an email over a week ago and still have not heard back. I was asking about what kinds/types of Math is on the MyLab Foundational Skills Math assessment? Anyone happen to know?
https://www2.tesu.edu/syllabus/current/S...S-110.html

Thanks. 
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
I see you've taken College Algebra in your sig, that should be enough for the type of math this course has Smile
Is the math part proctored? Im afraid for it. If it is proctored im only more nervous.
(07-26-2019, 03:10 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Is the math part proctored? Im afraid for it. If it is proctored im only more nervous.

I don't think there are any proctored exams with this course. The part that contains math is inside of the "MyLab Foundations" which is run by Pearson. It is a separate/additional cost on-top of the TESU tuition cost. I don't know the price for the MyLab Foundations. I don't see anything about proctored exams listed anywhere in the course description or even on Pearson's MyLab Foundational Skills website. 

I won't be taking the class for another few months. I will certainly be giving feedback then. Until then, it would be nice to hear what the course is like now as well as other details and maybe even some instructor recommendations.

(07-26-2019, 12:21 PM)Nixi Wrote: I see you've taken College Algebra in your sig, that should be enough for the type of math this course has Smile

I hope that is the case, I thought I was done with my math requirements after I finished College Algebra and Statistics. It is like a movie where you think the bad guy/monster is dead, the hero turns his back and the monster gets back up one more time.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes AwardTour's post:
  • Idreamofadegree
I am taking it now! Very tedious and a waste of my 8 weeks and the thousand dollars I spent.

The class is super easy and straight forward with discussions ,open book quiz, and a written assignment each week.

The Pearson My Lab portion is similar to the English and Match assessment that taken when first get admitted into college. If you pass the exam above 73% we don’t need to go thryall the modules.

—Eddie
[-] The following 2 users Like hollywoodeddie's post:
  • AwardTour, suzycupcake
How do the math lookslike? How much time do you get to finished? Is it a exam? And proctored?
Fortunately, the Math was waived for our class,so can’t really share much about it. It was more of a assessment.

None of the exam or quizzes require a protector.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hollywoodeddie's post:
  • AwardTour
(07-27-2019, 03:55 AM)hollywoodeddie Wrote: Fortunately, the Math was waived for our class,so can’t really share much about it. It was more of a assessment.  

None of the exam  or quizzes require a protector.

hollywoodeddie, thanks for providing some feedback. Even though your math assessment was brief what did it contain? College Algebra? Did it contain any Trigonometry? 

How much did you pay for the MyLab Foundations itself? Just trying to figure out how much of an added cost that is? 

Thanks also for confirming that a proctor is not required.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)

I hope that is the case, I thought I was done with my math requirements after I finished College Algebra and Statistics. It is like a movie where you think the bad guy/monster is dead, the hero turns his back and the monster gets back up one more time.

Oh my word, I laughed so hard at this!!! THIS RIGHT HERE is exactly what I was afraid of...... and the visual you provided is ON POINT!  Ha ha ha ha ha.... I think this might hold true for a lot of us. Sad
Completed:
The Institues-Insurance Ethics (2cr)                          
Sophia.orgDeveloping Effective Teams (1cr), The Essentials of Managing Conflict (1cr)
CSMLearn- CSMLearn Course (3cr)
TEEX- Cybersecurity 101, 201, 301 (11cr)
[-] The following 3 users Like Idreamofadegree's post:
  • alab21, AwardTour, suzycupcake
(07-27-2019, 10:39 AM)Idreamofadegree Wrote:

Oh my word, I laughed so hard at this!!! THIS RIGHT HERE is exactly what I was afraid of...... and the visual you provided is ON POINT!  Ha ha ha ha ha.... I think this might hold true for a lot of us. Sad

LOL, well that is what it is like for me. I think Sophia offers the least painful way to take care of your math requirements btw. I failed the ALEKS Stats initial assessment. Rather than invest who knows how long completing the ALEKS pie I decided to take Stats at Sophia instead. The courses are well presented and the quality of teaching is great among the different video recordings of the instructors. The final exam is not proctored if you sign up with their biometric keyboard option.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
[-] The following 2 users Like AwardTour's post:
  • alab21, Idreamofadegree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU-LAW 201-Midterm Feedback Needed dodek101 0 579 01-09-2021, 02:01 PM
Last Post: dodek101
  Need Capstone Topic Feedback BrighterFuture88 3 858 04-06-2020, 07:03 PM
Last Post: darthweezy
  New guy looking for feedback on TESU History BA person8612 16 2,713 12-22-2019, 07:44 PM
Last Post: diminutive
  Roadmap Feedback TESU BSBA Marketing Hpkitty 6 1,698 09-13-2019, 09:01 AM
Last Post: warriortaupou