Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Capstone Topic Feedback
Hey all!  I am currently still trying to decide on my Capstone topic (which has been incredibly difficult), but I may have an idea based on previous thread posts that I have seen on here.  To start, my topic has been wanting to be around lobbying and its effects on modern day American politics.  So, my main topic/question would be something like, “Does lobbying have an effect on decisions in American Government?”

My sub-questions would be something like: 

“When did the process of lobbying begin?”
“What are some of the major companies known for lobbying?”
“What are the laws and court cases that allow lobbying to thrive?”
“How has lobbying effected life of everyday Americans?”

That’s what I have so far, but I am stumped, and my Professor keeps insisting that I narrow it down even more, but I hope this is a step in the right direction.  Any feedback is appreciated.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
You could narrow it down by limiting for example the time period or a specific part of the US gov or specify decisions (or both). Your sub questions could also be more restrictive. Another example: what is it, when did it start, how did it get shaped by time, what are recent decisions influenced by it. However please be aware, I haven't taken the capstone and I am not your prof...
There are a few things, you have a main question and 4 supporting questions, you need to make sure they are "inter-twined" and relate to each other very well. So, you questions are somewhat vague and your assignment/essay/project is to make sure you answer your 4 questions and the main question...

Main Q: “Does lobbying have an effect on decisions in American Government?”
Add something more distinct: “Does lobbying have an effect on decisions in American Government?”
(On law, tax, trade, etc as your question is too general)

Relate the questions: I would merge or add your questions to something along the lines of mine...
“When did the process of lobbying begin?” - When & how did the process of lobbying begin to affect government decisions?
“What are some of the major companies known for lobbying?” - Who were the people lobbying and why?
“What are the laws and court cases that allow lobbying to thrive?” - What cases & laws have helped lobbying make changes?
“How has lobbying effected life of everyday Americans?” - How has lobbying benefit everyday Americans?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Lobbying is a very wide array of topics. Narrow it down to a type of lobbying. Maybe gun manufacturers, smoking industry, gambling industry, marijuana industry, etc... I think any type of vice style topic will be an easy one to pull loads of data for. I have a buddy that owns a large lobbying firm that does a lot of work for Native Americans and farmers too, so if you were uncomfortable with any of the vice industries there is still a lot of topics that you could pull from.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes darthweezy's post:
  • Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,975 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 360 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,325 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,038 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,143 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 876 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  I need help with Kaltura for the capstone oral presentation mcquacks2 3 661 04-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU transfering alt credits after doing capstone or during? CanICode 5 872 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone disney_day_dreamer 12 1,969 02-21-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Anyone willing to share their capstone experience/sample? Amberlinjeanne 9 1,655 12-13-2022, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne