Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor Corporate Communication
I would like to tackle this exam this weekend. What's the best way to go about studying for it?
I bombed the proctored final twice after scoring well on the practice final. Some of the questions are set up wrong on their end and got marked wrong. I missed passing by 1 question twice and just gave up and did the Study.com course in a day. I really, really, really hated that Saylor exam.
[SIZE=6]Aurelius
[/SIZE]

BSBA – General Management (Completed)

Graduation – June 9, 2017
Commencement – September 23, 2017

Study.com – Labor Relations 89%; Principles of Supv 91%; HR Management 94%; Prin of Finance 83%; Globalization & Intl Mgt 87%; Pers Finance 88%; Prin of Marketing 87%; Digital Mkt & Adv 94%; Bus Comm 92%
StraighterLine – Acct I 90%; Acct II 83%; Macro 92%; Micro 92%; Intro to Religion 87%; American Govt 88%; Bus Law 86%; Fin Accounting 84%; Mgr Accounting 84%; Intro to Comm 93%; Prin of Mgt 89%; Intro to Env Science 92%; Intro to Nutrition 89%
ALEKS – Beg Algebra; Int Algebra; College Algebra; PreCalculus; Intro to Stats
The Institutes - Ethics and CPCU Code
Kaplan University - Doc Your Exp for College Credit
NFA – Comm Safety Educators; Fire Service Sprvn
TEEX – CS for Everyone; CS for Bus Prof; CS for IT Prof
University of South Florida (USF) – Comp 1 & 2; Various history and music courses
TESU - Comp Concepts and App – 87%; Strategic Management - 81%
How many written assignments are required for the study.com course? Were they pretty easy? I really wanted to avoid a lot of writing.
Did you take a communications course? The Study.com and Saylor courses don't come in the same when transferred into TESU.
Straighterline and Study.com both come into TESU as a COMM 300 course, it will hit the communication requirement.
Davar and Saylor Corp Communications come into TESU as a MAN 373 communications course. Take either! or Both!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
That was the final my son seemed to have an easier time with - he just read over the material the day before as well as going over the practice final. There seemed to be a big focus on rhetorical speaking - ethos, pathos, and logos - make sure you know that well and can read a passage and state which it's using. He mentioned that to me, but it's been a year or so so I don't recall any other details.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Which course do I take to avoid writing assignments?
Ok, I have to take Managerial Communications - which should be easier - Davar or Saylor? Any recommendations?

BTW, I don't think either of them have writing assignments, it's just a test.
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
sarg123 Wrote:Ok, I have to take Managerial Communications - which should be easier - Davar or Saylor? Any recommendations?

BTW, I don't think either of them have writing assignments, it's just a test.

It's just a test, but Davar has 10 "short essays", if that matters to you. Some people might find that test format easier.

Ideas Wrote:It's just a test, but Davar has 10 "short essays", if that matters to you. Some people might find that test format easier.

Is it completely multiple choice with Saylor?
Collegelady2 Wrote:Is it completely multiple choice with Saylor?

According to the reply in this thread, yes, the Saylor final is all multiple choice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 454 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,607 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 584 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,417 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 894 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,196 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study resources for Saylor courses Personherebb9 0 765 12-05-2022, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Personherebb9
  Easiest ACE accredited courses on Saylor cfoster 5 1,417 11-15-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Initial Saylor exam test experiment vetvso 15 2,575 11-15-2022, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Saylor Study & common degrees it's used for vetvso 4 876 09-24-2022, 11:20 PM