Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor Transcript to TESU
Can anyone confirm whether TESU will take a transcript directly from Saylor for an ACE course, or will I have to go via ACE? I'd love to not have to pay for an ACE transcript for only one course (since I don't think I'll be taking any more non-CLEP/SDC/SL courses in the future).
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Some of their courses are evaluated by both ACE and NCCRS, if it's one of those then you can send the NCCRS transcript for free. Otherwise, I'm not sure. I haven't heard if it, but I know they started doing that with Study.com
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(05-30-2019, 01:57 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Can anyone confirm whether TESU will take a transcript directly from Saylor for an ACE course, or will I have to go via ACE? I'd love to not have to pay for an ACE transcript for only one course (since I don't think I'll be taking any more non-CLEP/SDC/SL courses in the future).

Did you already pay to send ACE with the other Ace courses you've earned (institutes, sophia, etc.)? Because then its not a big deal since you've got other credit.
natshar Wrote:Did you already pay to send ACE with the other Ace courses you've earned (institutes, sophia, etc.)? Because then its not a big deal since you've got other credit.

mysonx3 - is this the only ACE course you have? I would do exactly as above, if you have more ACE courses that need to be transferred over to TESU, I would do it in one fell swoop (once when they do the final audit for graduation). Registration is $20 but they give you a transcript, subsequent transcripts are $15.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-30-2019, 04:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
natshar Wrote:Did you already pay to send ACE with the other Ace courses you've earned (institutes, sophia, etc.)? Because then its not a big deal since you've got other credit.

mysonx3 - is this the only ACE course you have? I would do exactly as above, if you have more ACE courses that need to be transferred over to TESU, I would do it in one fell swoop (once when they do the final audit for graduation). Registration is $20 but they give you a transcript, subsequent transcripts are $15.

I've already sent my ACE transcript back when I planned on doing this particular course through SL, so my Institutes/Sophia/etc are already on my eval.
Completed:

Up Next:

I have not heard that Saylor will send a transcript straight to TESU, nor have I heard that TESU will accept anything directly from Saylor - except NCCRS of course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I decided to go ahead and fill out the transcript request form from Saylor and see what comes of it. Worst case scenario, it takes a little longer to get that credit on my evaluation because I have to wait to find out it won't be accepted on a Saylor transcript and has to come from ACE. Not a big deal, as it's only necessary for my ASNSM, not for my BA or to unlock the Capstone.

The course is Calculus, which is both ACE and NCCRS
Completed:

Up Next:

(05-30-2019, 05:17 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: which is both ACE and NCCRS

Then the direct NCCRS transcript from them will be fine.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(05-30-2019, 08:59 PM)jsd Wrote:
(05-30-2019, 05:17 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: which is both ACE and NCCRS

Then the direct NCCRS transcript from them will be fine.

Looks like the NCCRS recommendation expired in Jan 2019, so you should probably go ahead and do the ACE transcript.  If it takes TESU a month to review and then comes back as a no-go, then it will take another month plus however much time it takes to get it to them.  That's a long wait.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 300 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,864 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com transcript - do you need an active subscription? Kones 12 1,015 10-17-2023, 11:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,518 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 530 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,382 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,262 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 841 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill