Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor.com Proctered Final Exams
I have a question on the credit bearing proctored final exam for a Saylor.org course. Is this a one time try to earn 70% or above on the final or can this be attempted more than once (with a waiting period?) Thanks. Debbie
You can retake after two weeks: https://sayloracademy.zendesk.com/hc/en-...redit-FAQs
Quote:What schools offer credit for these courses? How do I find out if my school will recognize these courses?
Both NCCRS and ACE have large networks of colleges and universities that have agreed to consider their recommendations in granting credit for students, and Saylor Academy has a number of partner schools that have committed more strongly to recognizing credit. Please see the “Recognition of Credit” section above for links and details.
Do I have to take a proctored exam?
Yes. To sustain the recommendation for credit and to maintain the integrity of our proctored exams, we must hold students to particular testing conditions.
Can I take the exam more than once?
Yes, you can take the exam as many times as you wish. There is a two week waiting period between attempts and each attempt will incur the $25 USD proctoring fee if using ProctorU.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
You can try it more than once but you will have to pay the proctor fee again (which, luckily, isn't that much)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
davewill beat me to it. curses.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Correct, it's a paid attempt. But you need above 70% in the entire course, including your quiz and/if assignment grades and your final.
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down
No, for Saylor all you need is 70% on the proctored exam. You can skip the whole course and jump right to the exam if you knew the material.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

jsd Wrote:No, for Saylor all you need is 70% on the proctored exam. You can skip the whole course and jump right to the exam if you knew the material.

My mistake, read that as something else - love the idea of Saylor, but they are way too long
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down
AJ_Atlanta Wrote:My mistake, read that as something else - love the idea of Saylor, but they are way too long

I like Saylor for the inexpensive exams, but not for the actual courses. After you take a course through Sophia, SL, Study.com, or any of the other course providers, you start to really notice where Saylor is deficient.

But if you already know a lot of the material, this is a great way to get cheap credit by exam. I'm going to have my husband take a few of the new IT/CIS courses and see how it goes. If he doesn't pass, it's only $25 we've lost.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
If you're just looking for credit by 1 exam, Saylor is the cheapest by far. It's only $25 all in. You don't even have to leave your home! That said, the passing "bar" is very very high at 70%.
CLEP and DSST exams award a passing score for somewhere around the 50% mark but cost about $100 all in.
Straighterline requires more than 1 exam, but the bar is very low. Open book and in most classes, you can score a 0% on your proctored final and still pass. No cheaper than $150 though.
(02-14-2017, 05:24 PM)cookderosa Wrote: If you're just looking for credit by 1 exam, Saylor is the cheapest by far.  It's only $25 all in.  You don't even have to leave your home!  That said, the passing "bar" is very very high at 70%.  
CLEP and DSST exams award a passing score for somewhere around the 50% mark but cost about $100 all in.
Straighterline requires more than 1 exam, but the bar is very low.  Open book and in most classes, you can score a 0% on your proctored final and still pass.  No cheaper than $150 though.

How can I book Saylor exam?
------------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 300 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 262 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,518 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 530 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,121 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Did my first ever final exam on Study.com. Realized Google Chrome was still minimized Tyranova 2 768 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Tyranova
  Sophia final milestone ID verification Jwheels27 30 4,384 07-11-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: imnvs
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,262 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 841 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,150 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77