Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scholarship
I am looking some scholarship. I currently can see most of the scholarship for master needed to be full time. I am currently part time. Do anyone have a good website to look for scholarship for master degree?
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

I like this site.  I went ahead and used the sort by age to show the Graduate Scholarships.

https://jlvcollegecounseling.com/scholar...-students/

I will give credit to cookderosa, because I got the link from her Homeschooling for College Credit facebook page.
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hsfamfun's post:
  • cookderosa
(07-22-2019, 07:24 AM)hsfamfun Wrote: I like this site.  I went ahead and used the sort by age to show the Graduate Scholarships.

https://jlvcollegecounseling.com/scholar...-students/

I will give credit to cookderosa, because I got the link from her Homeschooling for College Credit facebook page.

Pretty awesome website. Do you know how to sort the requirement for part time status ? I see most of the scholarship outside requirement to be full time.

I do not see a method of sorting for part time, but what I do is skim through until I find one that looks promising and then I will bookmark the page.  I look at it for a few minutes each week when I have time, but have found several that do not require full time status, you just have to sort through them to find them.
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
(07-23-2019, 08:13 AM)hsfamfun Wrote: I do not see a method of sorting for part time, but what I do is skim through until I find one that looks promising and then I will bookmark the page.  I look at it for a few minutes each week when I have time, but have found several that do not require full time status, you just have to sort through them to find them.

Hi

I appreciate for all our help. I will look into the website.

Thanks for sharing the link- that's exactly the link I was going to post. Wink

Honestly, unless it strictly REQUIRES IN WRITING that you are full time, I'd apply anyway. Do not assume that they mean fulltime.
(07-25-2019, 10:08 AM)cookderosa Wrote: Thanks for sharing the link- that's exactly the link I was going to post. Wink  

Honestly, unless it strictly REQUIRES IN WRITING that you are full time, I'd apply anyway.  Do not assume that they mean fulltime.
Hi Cookderosa I will apply the one does not show the requirements for full time. Thanks for tip

[-] The following 2 users Like Imbanewbie's post:
  • cookderosa, hsfamfun
Any luck? Has anyone ever received these 'click to apply' scholarships?
No luck and you?

I have a group of sons in school now - 3 in college and 1 in high school. My oldest 3 have all applied for scholarships, and all using the link that is in this thread.

Son #1 has earned a handful - maybe 4 or 5, but all small. I think he has earned about $5,000 total give or take. His school is very expensive, so he applied for a lot to get what he did - maybe 30 applications.

Son #2 - at COSC, applied for 2 distance learning scholarships didn't get either

Son #3 - at our community college, applied for 5 scholarships and got all 5. He rec'd full tuition and books with an overage. So, not huge dollar-wise, but percentage-wise was more than 100%, so we are very pleased. He will save that overage to put toward next year in the event that he doesn't have repeat success.

I have a friend who started a scholarship business, she got all 4 years of her tuition and room and books paid- she even had an overage. Her's was 6-figures. The take-away she taught me is that you're not applying for enough scholarships. Apply weekly until you graduate and walk the stage. She said she applied every weekend and attributes that to not only increasing her odds, but learning what they liked - she said a good essay (one that results in $$$) should be reused.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for a scholarship that would cover for distance learning expenses blablablox 5 888 11-15-2022, 10:23 PM
Last Post: thodeptrai
  NYU MS Cybersecurity - 75% scholarship discount newdegree 17 2,260 12-10-2021, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Gies iMBA Scholarship bigrivergroup 5 1,876 04-06-2021, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  WGU Cybersecurity Scholarship. ChilliDawg 3 1,349 12-09-2019, 08:18 AM
Last Post: ChilliDawg
  Youth ministry grad scholarship DavidHume 0 1,122 03-03-2018, 12:42 PM
Last Post: DavidHume