Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School's revocation of accreditation
I was able to track down my transcript from the technical school that I went to in the late 90s. When I attended, they were accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) at the bachelor's degree and master's degree levels. I only got certified and didn't pursue any degrees. Two questions, being that the transcript is over 20 years old, will schools even take a look at them? Also, would the transcript even be legitimate since they had their accreditation revoked?
If they were accredited at the time you took the classes, the classes are accredited. The downside is that, of the Big3, only EC will look at classes with that kind of accreditation.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • carebear_007
WGU will also take NA transcripts.

Age doesn't matter for Gen Ed, but it will for Computer courses or business courses, if either of those is your major.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-05-2021, 08:53 PM)dfrecore Wrote: WGU will also take NA transcripts.

Age doesn't matter for Gen Ed, but it will for Computer courses or business courses, if either of those is your major.
I’ll be going to UMPI with either a major in business or minor in business.
(05-05-2021, 08:58 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:

I doubt they take NA credits but it can't hurt to ask.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-05-2021, 08:58 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:

UMPI doesn't accept NA credit. I didn't have an age issue with my business courses at UMPI and they go back over 20 years. I just graduated from UMPI in March.
Carebear_007, you can try going for WGU as they take NA. Is there a specific program at UMPI that you're looking into? If not, you can also try Walden as they take NA credits as well. Brandman, UMPI, don't take NA credits. There are a few other competency based degree providers, you may want to investigate by checking them out too... https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...d_Programs
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-06-2021, 11:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Carebear_007, you can try going for WGU as they take NA.  Is there a specific program at UMPI that you're looking into?  If not, you can also try Walden as they take NA credits as well.  Brandman, UMPI, don't take NA credits.  There are a few other competency based degree providers, you may want to investigate by checking them out too... https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...d_Programs

Oh no, no, no. I can't look at another school. lol... I've been all over the place since I started in February and narrowing down to UMPI and putting my blinders on is helping me to see the finish line. I'll just deal with not getting the NA credits. I'll either go for the BLS w/minor or BABA with Project Mgmt. It'll be dependent on how many courses I have left to take once I finish with Sophia and IC. I don't think I can financially (and mentally) afford more than 2 terms.
If you're considering Project Management, it's suggested that you don't take Project Management at Sophia.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-07-2021, 12:14 PM)rachel83az Wrote: If you're considering Project Management, it's suggested that you don't take Project Management at Sophia.

That's good to know. Thank you. Would this only be an issue if it were a major or should I avoid it for the minor as well?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 687 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,762 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 251 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 681 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Canada's Newest Medical School - Opening 2026 at SFU bjcheung77 1 348 11-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Brown Medical School withdraws from U.S. News rankings allvia 2 462 10-30-2023, 09:51 PM
  How Technology Shapes Ideas - University of Chicago Graham School Charles Fout 0 270 09-15-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  ACSOM - Caribbean Medical School (New!) bjcheung77 9 1,160 09-05-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UK equivalent of high school diploma axa 8 4,743 09-01-2023, 08:13 PM
  Nicaragua removes accreditation elcastor21 5 494 08-26-2023, 09:53 PM
Last Post: elcastor21