Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer
I got my audit back from UMPI they accepted 96 ACE credits.

holy shit.
[-] The following 5 users Like ashkir's post:
  • Arto, nomaduser, rachel83az, ss20ts, suzycupcake
(11-30-2020, 04:08 PM):huh:ashkir Wrote: I got my audit back from UMPI they accepted 96 ACE credits.

holy shit.
I’m so confused!!  I keep reading that they only accept 30 PLA credits. Is it 30 credits from each provider?  Or 30 total?  How did they accept 96?   Huh That’s awesome!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dosada's post:
  • nomaduser
(01-11-2021, 01:48 AM)Dosada Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 04:08 PM):huh:ashkir Wrote: I got my audit back from UMPI they accepted 96 ACE credits.

holy shit.
I’m so confused!!  I keep reading that they only accept 30 PLA credits. Is it 30 credits from each provider?  Or 30 total?  How did they accept 96?   Huh That’s awesome!

They used to only accept a limited number of credits. Now it's essentially unlimited but you have to do 30 residency credits with them. So you could, in theory, transfer in 120 credits and use the excess credits towards a minor/second degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • RachelB
(01-11-2021, 07:03 AM)rachel83az Wrote:

holy shit.

They used to only accept a limited number of credits. Now it's essentially unlimited but you have to do 30 residency credits with them. So you could, in theory, transfer in 120 credits and use the excess credits towards a minor/second degree.
This is great news!  It's nice to have another option to complete my BSBA Accounting degree.  I had planned to go through TESU but not so sure now.  I have about 20 RA credits and about 20 Sophia credits currently.  I'm continuing with the Sophia classes to get as many GE credits as I can.  Not sure which is the best way to go.  Stick with TESU and get the 90 ACE credits, plus my RA credits, plus the Capstone and fill in any gaps with additional RA credits?  Or combine my RA and ACE credits with UMPI and complete the 30 residency credits?  Also, if I go with UMPI, should I apply/enroll now even though I'm not ready to start the residency credits?
(01-11-2021, 12:43 PM)Dosada Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 07:03 AM)rachel83az Wrote:

holy shit.

This is great news!  It's nice to have another option to complete my BSBA Accounting degree.  I had planned to go through TESU but not so sure now.  I have about 20 RA credits and about 20 Sophia credits currently.  I'm continuing with the Sophia classes to get as many GE credits as I can.  Not sure which is the best way to go.  Stick with TESU and get the 90 ACE credits, plus my RA credits, plus the Capstone and fill in any gaps with additional RA credits?  Or combine my RA and ACE credits with UMPI and complete the 30 residency credits?  Also, if I go with UMPI, should I apply/enroll now even though I'm not ready to start the residency credits?

I applied to UMPI 2 weeks ago for the Jan start date because I had to submit and have them process my soon expiring IELTS score (I'm international). They accepted me but I only stay an applicant to be allowed to defer until the August start date. If I decide not to start with them then, I have to re-apply. So I would keep that in mind while you're working your way there.

Also, I applied to UMPI as a backup, in case TESU throws any additional policy changes at us in the near future... You might want to work on courses you're rather certain will apply to both sides first so you have room to change your mind at this time, then you can also compare the pricing on both sides and see what works best for you.

Aiming for TESU BSBA-GM, ASNSM in Biology, ASNSM in Computer Science
[-] The following 1 user Likes elenlushk's post:
  • Pikachu
(01-11-2021, 12:43 PM)Dosada Wrote: This is great news!  It's nice to have another option to complete my BSBA Accounting degree.  I had planned to go through TESU but not so sure now.  I have about 20 RA credits and about 20 Sophia credits currently.  I'm continuing with the Sophia classes to get as many GE credits as I can.  Not sure which is the best way to go.  Stick with TESU and get the 90 ACE credits, plus my RA credits, plus the Capstone and fill in any gaps with additional RA credits?  Or combine my RA and ACE credits with UMPI and complete the 30 residency credits?  Also, if I go with UMPI, should I apply/enroll now even though I'm not ready to start the residency credits?

Aside from the cost of sending transcripts, applying to UMPI is completely free. I would say that applying to UMPI now is a good idea because it'll let you know where your current credits fall; they might not come in exactly where you might think. This is what ashkir got when transferring in (almost) everything to UMPI: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
UMPI analyzes all of your transcripts. They process each course and assign it credit. That does not mean you have enough credits for completing a degree. They use your credits like a credit bank. You're required to complete a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI. You also must fulfill the upper level requirements in and out of the major. You also must complete the GEC and your general electives. I can tell you that many Sophia courses do not apply to the GEC. UMPI offers every course needed to complete their degree programs.
I have been working towards my bachelors for COSC, but hearing about how generous the Sophia credits are accepted into UMPI, I am considering them also now!!!

At COSC:
I am looking at a General studies degree with a concentration in Psychology and business ....(I have 22 RA credits in gen eds and 27 Sophia credits as of right now) OR....

At UMPI:
BA in English with a communications/journalism major or ....
liberal arts with an education minor

My question here would be ... Is it MORE BENEFICIAL to get a tradicional bachelors degree (although core courses are gained through alternative credits) or a competency based degree ?

I am looking at my future options . If i decide to go into teaching Is a competency based degree accepted? If I go the traditional route at COSC will my core classes credit achieved through alternative providers be an issue?

If I go on to get a masters in Psychology or teaching ... Is a traditional bachelors degree (with 30 total RA credits) or a competency based degree (with 50 - 70 RA total credits) more desirable??

Any advice Is appreciated!!
(01-11-2021, 07:34 PM)Pathfinder Wrote: I have been working towards my bachelors for COSC, but hearing about how generous the Sophia credits are accepted into UMPI, I am considering them also now!!!

At COSC:
I am looking at a General studies degree with a concentration in Psychology and business ....(I have 22 RA credits in gen eds and 27 Sophia credits as of right  now) OR....

At UMPI:
BA in English with a communications/journalism major or ....
liberal arts with an education minor

My question here would be ... Is it MORE BENEFICIAL to get a tradicional bachelors degree (although core courses are gained through alternative credits) or a competency  based degree ?

I am looking at my future options .  If i decide to go into teaching Is a competency based degree accepted?  If I go the traditional route at COSC will my core classes credit achieved  through alternative providers be an issue?

If I go on to get a masters in Psychology or teaching ... Is a traditional bachelors degree (with 30 total RA credits) or a competency based degree (with 50 - 70 RA total  credits) more desirable??  

Any advice Is appreciated!!

I don't believe that UMPI degrees distinguish between online/competency and in-person. They aren't WGU; they do both kinds of degrees. As far as future employers (or future schools) are concerned, they are both traditional Bachelor's degrees. Pretty sure ss20s has said that the UMPI courses are given letter grades, too. If you need letter grades to get a Master's degree then you would absolutely want UMPI over COSC.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Thank you for that info.!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Utah Schools switching to the 3-year Bachelor Airamb 6 357 03-27-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 254 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,571 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,949 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 963 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Other Brick and Mortar Public Univ's that Accept ACE Credit cdrob44 18 2,546 09-06-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 1,106 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 712 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,159 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  UoPeople Certificate program transfer courses? MNomadic 5 1,653 12-13-2022, 10:44 PM
Last Post: MNomadic