Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching for elective core finance online courses-BSBA in Finance @ TESU
I am currently 75% into my BSBA in Finance degree program with TESU. I am looking to take some of the elective core finance courses with a different school since the professors that run these at TESU don't have good ratings. 
I took one finance class at TESU, and it was brutal.  
I am open to taking these online courses anywhere as long as TESU accepts them.
These are the courses that I am looking to "outsource":  
(I need to take 4 out of the five listed below. If you  have any recommendations about which I should take or drop, please let me know)

ECO-490 International  Economy
FIN 321 Security annals and portfolio management 
FIN 331 Financial institutions and markets 
FIN 334 International Finance 
FIN 382 Risk Management

Thank you.
(01-18-2023, 06:32 PM)Ofeezee Wrote: I am currently 75% into my BSBA in Finance degree program with TESU. I am looking to take some of the elective core finance courses with a different school since the professors that run these at TESU don't have good ratings. 
I took one finance class at TESU, and it was brutal.  
I am open to taking these online courses anywhere as long as TESU accepts them.
These are the courses that I am looking to "outsource":  
(I need to take 4 out of the five listed below. If you  have any recommendations about which I should take or drop, please let me know)

ECO-490 International  Economy
FIN 321 Security annals and portfolio management 
FIN 331 Financial institutions and markets 
FIN 334 International Finance 
FIN 382 Risk Management

Thank you.

The courses you listed are SUGGESTED courses, not REQUIRED courses.

So, in other words, your list means nothing.

TESU requires 12 UL courses in the AOS. The other 6cr can be lower level or UL. (Finance or Economics codes FIN, ECO)
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

Though not necessary, you can email TESU advising to get preapproval to take alt-credit courses and have them planned in your degree.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Ofeezee
Welcome to the board... In addition to that, you mentioned you have about 3/4th of the degree complete, that's roughly 30 of 40 courses, did you create a spreadsheet and document the remaining courses? If so, could you post the info here so we can help you verify those courses are sufficient.

Since this is your first post, it's hard to decipher if you have all your bases covered or the requirements documented properly in your course list if you have one... I would recommend creating a spreadsheet, upload the link here from your one drive or google drive and mark the file as viewable (not editable, remove all personal details).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you for your support.
I am attaching a spreadsheet of my degree progress.

LevelUP, I found your reply very helpful. Out of the 7 elective core finance courses, I need to choose 5.
Per my calculation, I still have 12 credits to transfer to TESU from outside of school.
I hope Study.com will be a better option than TESU for these courses.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e...3v/pubhtml
(01-19-2023, 10:36 PM)Ofeezee Wrote: Thank you for your support.
I am attaching a spreadsheet of my degree progress.

LevelUP, I found your reply very helpful. Out of the 7 elective core finance courses, I need to choose 5.
Per my calculation, I still have 12 credits to transfer to TESU from outside of school.
I hope Study.com will be a better option than TESU for these courses.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e...3v/pubhtml

BTW, which finance course did you take at TESU?

TESU's Risk Management has no exams, though that course does have a lot of writing.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mDC0...lwzIs/edit

Study.com UL biz courses you should be able to get through in 20hrs or so. Most of the courses require one paper.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Aside from SOS-110, every single one of those remaining can be taken at Study.com. When done with the TESU credits in progress, you'll have finished 12 credits at TESU, which means you only need 4 more to avoid the residency waiver fee. Take SOS-110 plus either PLA-100, ENG-298, or APS-100 (PLA-100 recommended) to avoid the residency waiver. Take everything else at Study.com or Sophia.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
The only finance class I took in TESU was FIN-301 Principles of Finance. I would rate the professor at the most 2 out of 5, which got me thinking about the rest of my Finance electives.
The TESU Finance department is below average, and if I can transfer these credits to TESU from other schools, then why not.
TESU allows you to transfer up to 90 credits. I already have 77 credits transferred. This means I have four more classes to transfer from a different school.
I plan to take FDR 440 Fundraising for nonprofits at TESU since the mentor has good ratings.
The rest of the core electives @ TESU has to offer either bad mentor ratings or no ratings.
(01-20-2023, 05:32 PM)Ofeezee Wrote: The only finance class I took in TESU was  FIN-301 Principles of Finance. I would rate the professor at the most 2 out of 5, which got me thinking about the rest of my Finance electives.
The TESU Finance department is below average, and if I can transfer these credits to TESU from other schools, then why not.
TESU allows you to transfer up to 90 credits. I already have 77 credits transferred. This means I have four more classes to transfer from a different school.
I plan to take FDR 440 Fundraising for nonprofits at TESU since the mentor has good ratings.
The rest of the core electives @ TESU has to offer either bad mentor ratings or no ratings.

Is MCC a community college?

TESU allows up to 114 credits of total transfer credits.

TESU has a limit of 90 credits from ACE/alternative credits.
TESU has a limit of 90 credits from community colleges.

But combined, you can transfer 114 credits.

Also, you can do the Sophia or Study.com LLPrinciple of Finance course, which won't overlap with the course you took at TESU.
There are other limits, too. They don't apply to this instance, but they're there. About 300-ish credits worth in total.

You can theoretically transfer in unlimited credits, but ones that go over the limits won't apply to the actual degree. They'll show up on the transcript, though.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
If you're up for it, you can take a course through a finnish university known as XAMK. They currently have a course named "The basics of financial aspects in leadership, 5 ECTS". It's completely free of charge and self paced. Transferring in international credits can be tricky since you can't be 100% sure as what level or type of course it would transfer in as. My guess is that they'll probably give you 3 credits as a Finance elective.

If you want to try this, you would have to:
1) Register for the course under XAMK's website.
2) Finish the course.
3) Have the credits evaluated by ACEI
4) Send in evaluated transcript to TESU.

You would only need to pay for the evaluation, the rest is completely free.

I've seen 5 ECTS courses from XAMK be evaluated as 15 American credits, though that was for a separate course.

I wish you the best of luck.
In progress:
XAMK: Video Game Creation certificate (8/13 courses completed)
Metropolia: Multiple Courses (In Progress: IT Services Sales and Marketing)

Completed:
Sophia: 62 credits
i-to-i: 180-hour TEFL certificate (DEAC- accredited)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,893 Today, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 181 Yesterday, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 177 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 381 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 23 1,749 04-01-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: quanticmba
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 453 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,015 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 776 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 225 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 9 573 02-26-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: davewill