Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shmoop University Math Courses
dfrecore Wrote:Shmoop does NOT say on their website that their Lit or Math courses are ACE-recommended. ...

From the link in the post you replied to:

Quote:https://www.shmoop.com/college-credit/

The American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDITÂ) has evaluated and recommended college credit for 13 of Shmoop's courses, listed below.

U.S. History 1492-1877 (College)

U.S. History 1877-Present (College)

Modern European History (College)

Pre-Algebra I (College)

Pre-Algebra II (College)

Algebra I (College)

Algebra II (College)

Mathematics I (College)

Mathematics II (College)

Mathematics III (College)

Geometry (College)

Finite Math (College)

Pre-Calculus (College)

Hard to read that in any way but that Shmoop is claiming that those math courses are ACE recommended. I agree that one should go by what ACE says.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I did not see that link, I only was looking at their actual courses under "Courses|College". I can't even figure out how you would get to that link from their home page, it's not an option! If you search their site for "College credit" or "ACE", that linked page doesn't pop up at all.

Looks like they've gotten approval, but they haven't been listed on ACE yet, so maybe ACE is a few days behind? Either way, I certainly wouldn't take the course for credit until it was on ACE.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Actually it's on the first page of results if you search for "ACE" from their front page. But that brings up the possibility that they don't think this page is "public" yet since they didn't link directly to it. If so, their web guys should be ashamed of themselves, you NEVER assume someone won't find a "hidden" page. If you don't want it seen, you don't publish it.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:Actually it's on the first page of results if you search for "ACE" from their front page. But that brings up the possibility that they don't think this page is "public" yet since they didn't link directly to it. If so, their web guys should be ashamed of themselves, you NEVER assume someone won't find a "hidden" page. If you don't want it seen, you don't publish it.

Last night when I searched, neither ACE nor College Credit came up for me - it does this morning though.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Just for the heck of it i just looked and now it shows all of the math courses as "pending" ACE approval...
Did anyone ever figure out which Shmoop math courses equate to TESU Math 115, 119, 121, etc?
Goal: TESU BSBA - GEN. MGMT.

Straighterline
Intro to Religion 98%
Business Ethics 89%
Business Law 82%
Cultural Anthropology 96%
Environmental Science 92%
Intro to Nutrition 90%

DSST

Business Ethics and Society - 460
Technical writing - 441
Criminal Justice - 458

Coursework: UAA Anchorage GPA 3.66
ENG 109
ENG 111
PSY 150
msllaneous Wrote:Did anyone ever figure out which Shmoop math courses equate to TESU Math 115, 119, 121, etc?

Not that anyone has posted here.

Here's a guess:

Algebra I AND Algebra II (must take both for the credit) probably equate to MAT-121
Pre-Calc probably is MAT-129
Finite Math probably equates to MAT-110 (I took Finite Math at CC and this is what it came in as)
Geometry may come in as MAT-361
Math I, II, and III are unknowns
Pre-Algebra I & II should be developmental and won't transfer in

If anyone has transferred Shmoop math courses, please chime in!
TESU takes the CLEP College Mathematics as 6 credits in MAT-102, General Math I, MAT-103, General Math II. I suspect that they will do the same for the Shmoop College Math series.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:TESU takes the CLEP College Mathematics as 6 credits in MAT-102, General Math I, MAT-103, General Math II. I suspect that they will do the same for the Shmoop College Math series.

In my local HS, the Math I, II & III replace the old Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II sequence (common core thing). So they may be considered college-level, but there's just no way to know until someone brings it in.
But that's for high school. These are College Math credits, like the College Math CLEP.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,446 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 998 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 712 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,373 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,911 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,048 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,090 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 599 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 340 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 716 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat