Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I go for COSC BS Health Studies or TESU BA Psych?
Portage is RA credits - they are transcripted through Geneva College. So you have 12cr of RA now. COSC or TESU will both require 6cr there for the cornerstone & capstone. So you'd need 12cr more of RA, it looks like you could easily do that with what you're planning *Chemistry, Nutrition, Pathophysiology & Pharmacology = 13cr).

The problem with COSC's Health Studies concentration, which still exists, is that it's going to be impossible to get the UL credits you need for it inexpensively/alternatively. So I would just skip that, and go for a BALS degree. There's not a lot of point in going for an expensive degree when you're already trying to get into a BS/MS program - that will be what matters way more than this BA degree, so why make it any more difficult or expensive than it needs to be?

The next part with COSC is that everything you've taken or planned is LL. So I would skip some of those Sophia credits planned, and switch to Study.com for your remaining UL credits. You need 27cr of UL, and you also need to figure out a concentration: I would do Psych/Natural Sciences, you can get your UL Psych courses at Study.com. There's 1 UL Healthecare Admin course through them as well. That's your 15cr of UL in the major, the capstone will make 18cr. The remaining UL (can be anything, I'd do a few Comm or History courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-28-2020, 12:41 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 08:21 AM)mcorye91 Wrote: Also Rachel I’m not necessarily looking for cheapest! I am wanting to finish as fast as possible so that I can get the cornerstone/capstone registered and have a graduation date so that I can apply to a MSN program

If you're looking to get a MSN, then you should research those programs now. If you get a bachelor's degree in liberal arts, you need to make sure that this degree will be acceptable to get into the MSN program you want. The degree may be acceptable, but you may need more biology or math or some other area. This is something I would research now while reviewing bachelor's programs. If you have your RN, Excelsior has a RN to BSN degree. You should also make sure that the MSN program is valid in your state. Some states have funky requirements and don't accept all nursing degrees.

Oh yes my research for my nursing options is extensive. I have considered bridge programs. Most people where I live choose to attend Helene Fuld in Harlem, it is a bridge from LPN to ADN in 12 months. I’m more so wanting to skip the associates. So my options are Chamberlains 3year accelerated bachelor degree (it is from scratch but will take me two years since I am transferring in a lot of credits) or finish a quick bachelor degree and do an accelerated BSN, or an accelerated B.S/M.S. Many many years ago i planned on and off to attend Excelsior. I wish I had done it before they added the mandatory 12 week care plans and the CPNE wait time wasn’t so bad way back in the day and people were finishing in 4-6 months). I wanted to move to California for many years which is another reason why I didn’t go with Excelsior where it is not accepted.

I will keep finishing nursing prereqs but the dual degree program where I am going allows you to complete them over the 2 year period. Chamberlain is my first choice and I will start in May but I will switch over to Molloy bc that was my dream school I’m just not fond of how long the LPN-BSN is. I actually was accepted before. If I could finish it in 2.5 years I would go there but it seems they mislead you. The dual degree however takes only only two years and I’ll come out with a masters (BSN awarded on the way yay!). Columbia also has a 15 month direct MDE. 

All accelerated programs on my list have a requirement of a bachelor degree in any field and similar prerequisites.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mcorye91's post:
  • ss20ts
(12-28-2020, 08:21 AM)mcorye91 Wrote: Also Rachel I’m not necessarily looking for cheapest! I am wanting to finish as fast as possible so that I can get the cornerstone/capstone registered and have a graduation date so that I can apply to a MSN program

If you're looking to get a MSN, then you should research those programs now. If you get a bachelor's degree in liberal arts, you need to make sure that this degree will be acceptable to get into the MSN program you want. The degree may be acceptable, but you may need more biology or math or some other area. This is something I would research now while reviewing bachelor's programs. If you have your RN, Excelsior has a RN to BSN degree. You should also make sure that the MSN program is valid in your state. Some states have funky requirements and don't accept all nursing degrees.

OMG, do not do the EC RN-to-BSN, that's crazy expensive.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-28-2020, 01:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Portage is RA credits - they are transcripted through Geneva College.  So you have 12cr of RA now.  COSC or TESU will both require 6cr there for the cornerstone & capstone.  So you'd need 12cr more of RA, it looks like you could easily do that with what you're planning *Chemistry, Nutrition, Pathophysiology & Pharmacology = 13cr).

The problem with COSC's Health Studies concentration, which still exists, is that it's going to be impossible to get the UL credits you need for it inexpensively/alternatively.  So I would just skip that, and go for a BALS degree.  There's not a lot of point in going for an expensive degree when you're already trying to get into a BS/MS program - that will be what matters way more than this BA degree, so why make it any more difficult or expensive than it needs to be?

The next part with COSC is that everything you've taken or planned is LL.  So I would skip some of those Sophia credits planned, and switch to Study.com for your remaining UL credits.  You need 27cr of UL, and you also need to figure out a concentration: I would do Psych/Natural Sciences, you can get your UL Psych courses at Study.com.  There's 1 UL Healthecare Admin course through them as well.  That's your 15cr of UL in the major, the capstone will make 18cr.  The remaining UL (can be anything, I'd do a few Comm or History courses.
Yes yes all of my nursing school options are expensive private schools! I don’t need the cheapest now but I’m willing to spend a little more ONLY if it gets me a bachelor degree faster.

Yes I am liking the UL psych credits @study.com which is why I’ve been leaning @ TESU BA Psych. But I wouldn’t mind a BALS either especially if it’s faster. I also wouldn’t mind doing all those psychs and fitting them later into a BALS instead of the Psych degree if needed.

If I’m correct, you are having me lean more toward TESU BALS using psych UL credits through study.com and maybe 1 UL Course at COSC?

(12-28-2020, 01:55 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

OMG, do not do the EC RN-to-BSN, that's crazy expensive.
I am a LPN that program isn’t an option. Rachel meant to write LPN and suggested the LPN-RN (ADN) bridge.
(12-28-2020, 02:05 PM)mcorye91 Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 01:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Portage is RA credits - they are transcripted through Geneva College.  So you have 12cr of RA now.  COSC or TESU will both require 6cr there for the cornerstone & capstone.  So you'd need 12cr more of RA, it looks like you could easily do that with what you're planning *Chemistry, Nutrition, Pathophysiology & Pharmacology = 13cr).

The problem with COSC's Health Studies concentration, which still exists, is that it's going to be impossible to get the UL credits you need for it inexpensively/alternatively.  So I would just skip that, and go for a BALS degree.  There's not a lot of point in going for an expensive degree when you're already trying to get into a BS/MS program - that will be what matters way more than this BA degree, so why make it any more difficult or expensive than it needs to be?

The next part with COSC is that everything you've taken or planned is LL.  So I would skip some of those Sophia credits planned, and switch to Study.com for your remaining UL credits.  You need 27cr of UL, and you also need to figure out a concentration: I would do Psych/Natural Sciences, you can get your UL Psych courses at Study.com.  There's 1 UL Healthecare Admin course through them as well.  That's your 15cr of UL in the major, the capstone will make 18cr.  The remaining UL (can be anything, I'd do a few Comm or History courses.
Yes yes all of my nursing school options are expensive private schools! I don’t need the cheapest now but I’m willing to spend a little more ONLY if it gets me a bachelor degree faster.

Yes I am liking the UL psych credits @study.com which is why I’ve been leaning @ TESU BA Psych. But I wouldn’t mind a BALS either especially if it’s faster. I also wouldn’t mind doing all those psychs and fitting them later into a BALS instead of the Psych degree if needed.

If I’m correct, you are having me lean more toward TESU BALS using psych UL credits through study.com and maybe 1 UL Course at COSC?

No - I would have you do the BALS at COSC.  There's zero reason to do a Psych or anything else, and since your new BA/BS will trump the BALS or BA in Psych.  Don't spend a single extra dollar that you don't have to.  Get THE cheapest degree so you can spend your money on the next degree.

Also, I would never think to have someone take a course at COSC, then transfer it to TESU, that doesn't make any sense.

Do the BALS at COSC and get your pre-reqs in there at the same time.  It will cost about ½ the price of TESU.
(12-28-2020, 02:09 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

No - I would have you do the BALS at COSC.  There's zero reason to do a Psych or anything else, and since your new BA/BS will trump the BALS or BA in Psych.  Don't spend a single extra dollar that you don't have to.  Get THE cheapest degree so you can spend your money on the next degree.

Also, I would never think to have someone take a course at COSC, then transfer it to TESU, that doesn't make any sense.

Do the BALS at COSC and get your pre-reqs in there at the same time.  It will cost about ½ the price of TESU.
Oh wow really??. Thank you so much I will look into it now and make a plan. Thank you so much!!!

(12-28-2020, 02:11 PM)mcorye91 Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 02:09 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Oh wow really??. Thank you so much I will look into it now and make a plan. Thank you so much!!!

Oh the only problem though is COSC not accepting my Sophia credits! I love Sophia and want to finish a few more gen eds there plus I don’t wanna lose the ones I got already Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 787 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 584 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 424 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,094 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,209 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Anyone complete any of these studies? (Mexican/Spanish Propios) bjcheung77 7 1,061 09-20-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Uwill, mental health platform for institutions gets $30 million in funding bjcheung77 1 359 05-16-2023, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  SUU Bachelor of General Studies (Speedway) EDUxplorer 10 1,941 04-18-2023, 12:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,080 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,972 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az