Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smartly
Curious to hear from others who have completed their online "classes". Also, did anyone else see the "Entrepreneurship" & "Derivatives" courses available and then disappear in the past few days? I have finished everything available to me except those two because they are suddenly gone. I like the format of these, but I think they are being a bit ridiculous in some aspects, and now with one of the other major players getting ACBSP certification at less than half the cost of their program it seems to make Smartly pretty irrelevant until they get accreditation and certification. I suspect their applicants are going to quickly decrease.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
Yeah, If you can get into their MBA program free, that would be worth it...
Otherwise, I would pay a bit of $ and get a WGU ACBSP Masters instead.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I've done everything they offer to the public and then some(when I originally applied a year or so ago, they gave me some extra classes as a consolation prize). I do really like their pedagogy. Lacking accreditation, I wouldn't pay any money for their programs but I would happily do them for free(and intend to apply again when I'm near graduation from TESU). I would really like to see them pursue at a minimum DEAC/NA.

Also, I don't know how they expect anyone to take their name seriously.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I also applied and received a half scholarship, but that did not beat WGU. I have done most of the free stuff. I would do World Quant. University over this.

BTW, I like their courses.
(07-18-2018, 01:18 PM)MNomadic Wrote: I've done everything they offer to the public and then some(when I originally applied a year or so ago, they gave me some extra classes as a consolation prize).

How do you know it was a consolation prize? Which extra classes did they give you access to?
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
(07-18-2018, 01:40 PM)SweetSecret Wrote:
(07-18-2018, 01:18 PM)MNomadic Wrote: I've done everything they offer to the public and then some(when I originally applied a year or so ago, they gave me some extra classes as a consolation prize).

How do you know it was a consolation prize? Which extra classes did they give you access to?

Because I was not accepted into the free MBA program(I expected this since I didn't even have my BS yet). They sent me an email and unlocked the whole accounting concentration(accounting I, II, III, IV, Managerial accounting, Stocks and Bonds) Also, the business foundations concentration used to come with Pricing I and Two variable statistics. I can't access any of those listed classes now but it does show as completed in my profile. When I applied again after, they didn't unlock any more classes for me.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
(07-18-2018, 01:51 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Because I was not accepted into the free MBA program(I expected this since I didn't even have my BS yet). They sent me an email and unlocked the whole accounting concentration(accounting I, II, III, IV, Managerial accounting, Stocks and Bonds) Also, the business foundations concentration used to come with Pricing I and Two variable statistics. I can't access any of those listed classes now but it does show as completed in my profile. When I applied again after, they didn't unlock any more classes for me.

That is interesting! I applied to the free MBA program and was denied, then applied to the Certificate program... during which I applied to another MBA program and was accepted while awaiting the response. They didn't accept me for the certificate program either, and didn't send me an email about offering "classes" as a consolation prize. The two I later showed as accessible only via phone "Entrepreneurship" & "Derivatives" have since disappeared. 

So based on your experience compared to mine, I suspect they are giving people less now.

By any chance, did anyone list/link these to their LinkedIn? I wonder if that has something to do with who gets what.
"So based on your experience compared to mine, I suspect they are giving people less now."

Yes, I think I had read back then, that you could get 3-4 of their concentrations unlocked if you kept applying as part of them testing their platform and they were going to make them into certificates. However, they took a different direction it seems.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
(07-18-2018, 12:12 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah, If you can get into their MBA program free, that would be worth it...  
Otherwise, I would pay a bit of $ and get a WGU ACBSP Masters instead.

That's the issue right there... WGU is going to take out a lot of the competition with that new ACBSP accreditation especially when you consider the actual cost. I mean, I don't think most people will be paying $4k out of pocket per quarter. WGU's MBA can be done in as little as 4 months though, and with financial aid what will that end up costing most people?