Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I just random clicked through a straighterline final.
This is a mini rant. Due to my work schedule, it's hard to have time to schedule proctored exams and meet those deadlines. I'm frequently out of the country or out of state. I finally got fed up and decided to random click through a proctoru final. I didn't want to waste time, and I just decided to go for it. I completed a 2 hour test in about 9 minutes. I'm hoping now that straighterline won't complain (I had an 82% in the class with/without the final). I'm expecting some sort of complaint, but I don't see why I should be required to waste my time proctoring a final and making that deadline. TESC doesn't even require these exams, so hopefully straìghterline will still give credit for a test I took and finished in 9 minutes.

I did get a 50% by random clicking though which is pretty funny considering it was multiple choice (4 answers on most questions). Guess I'm feeling lucky. :coolgleam: I may get some flak from some of you on here, but I'm sure many of you can attest to the dislike of proctored exams. I know it's already made a lot of you decide to not continue using straighterline. Sadly it was the lesser of two evils considering my work schedule. Heck, as I write this I'm packing for a flight to LA tomorrow morning. No time...

Anyone else ever give this a go?

Kas
Why would Straighterline care how long it takes you to complete the final?

If you completed the course SL will give you the credit.
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
ironheadjack Wrote:Why would Straighterline care how long it takes you to complete the final?

If you completed the course SL will give you the credit.

I wasn't sure how they'd view me taking the final exam in 9 minutes. I'm just hoping they don't care at all and pass it over to TESC.
They don't automatically transfer it to TESC, you have to request a transcript be sent to TESC. Within a few hours of finishing the final, the status on the left panel should switch to "Completed".
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
I don't believe Straighterline cares on how much time you spend on completing the final. I've completed all my finals so far in about 30 to 40 minutes, except for the economics classes that took the whole 2 hours. I know time is the essence for many of us, and scheduling it around somebody else, makes it even harder. I've thought about random click the finals before, but I worry I might get a score so low that it will send a trigger to Straighterline and they have me retake the final or worse the course all over again. I don't know if this is something Straigterline flags, afterall it's the integrity of the program they have to protect but I am interested to know. But I do my best to get a minimum of 70 on each final.
Aimée
Goal: BA in Liberal Arts and ASBA in Business Administration @ TESC
In progress:
Liberal Capstone (finishing Dec 2014)
Clep Marketing (Sched 11/7)
DSST Ethics in America (Sched 11/7)

Completed:
CLEP 12: Eng Comp; Computer Applications
Straighterline 81 credits, 27 classes: Accounting 1 & 2; Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2: Business Communications; Business Ethics; Business Law; Anthropology; Economics 1 & 2; Biology; Business; Environmental Sciences; Nutrition; Philosophy; Religions; Sociology; Organizational Behavior; Principles Management; US History 1 & 2; Western Civilization 1 & 2; Microbiology; Medical Terminology; Psychology; Criminal Justice
TEEX 6 credits: ALL
ALEKS 12/18 credits: Inter & Col Algebra; PreCalculus; all 3 statistics
BM 13: ENG 1, Legal Terminology, Stategic Thinking, Info Lit
FEMA 30 credits: completed in 2012 and 2013 ( too bad they won't transfer now, waited too long)
Kaplan 3 : PLA
I did this not only on every proctored final on straighterline but also on the last four or five test in addition to the final for Macro and Micro. Also I wrote the shittiest two papers of my life for the end of English 2 comp and still managed a 60% not following have of the guidelines.

They don't care. All of my classes transferred. I averaged around a 35% on all of my finals.
Goal BSBA GEN Management from TESC. 3 Credits Remaining

DSST: Intro to Business, Business Math, Intro to Computers, Management Information Systems, Principles of Supervision, Human Resource Management, Business LAW II, Business Ethics and Society, and College Algebra

CLEP: College Math, Principles of Marketing, and College Algebra.

Straighterline: Accounting I, Accounting II, Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Business Law, Business Statistics, Organizational Behavior, Principles of Management, Business Communications, Intro to Religion, Business Ethics and Society, Anthropology, and English Composition II.

Penn Foster: Finance and Consumer Marketing

TESC: Strategic Management
[-] The following 2 users Like jaweber08's post:
  • Cheeseburrito, Kaskadian
Kaskadian Wrote:This is a mini rant. Due to my work schedule, it's hard to have time to schedule proctored exams and meet those deadlines. I'm frequently out of the country or out of state. I finally got fed up and decided to random click through a proctoru final. I didn't want to waste time, and I just decided to go for it. I completed a 2 hour test in about 9 minutes. I'm hoping now that straighterline won't complain (I had an 82% in the class with/without the final). I'm expecting some sort of complaint, but I don't see why I should be required to waste my time proctoring a final and making that deadline. TESC doesn't even require these exams, so hopefully straìghterline will still give credit for a test I took and finished in 9 minutes.

I did get a 50% by random clicking though which is pretty funny considering it was multiple choice (4 answers on most questions). Guess I'm feeling lucky. :coolgleam: I may get some flak from some of you on here, but I'm sure many of you can attest to the dislike of proctored exams. I know it's already made a lot of you decide to not continue using straighterline. Sadly it was the lesser of two evils considering my work schedule. Heck, as I write this I'm packing for a flight to LA tomorrow morning. No time...

Anyone else ever give this a go?

Kas

I don't disagree with your approach. Since you're attending a school that only awards pass/fail credit, and SL requires a final even when earning a zero still means a pass, I think you were fine by just jumping through the hoops they require. I see nothing wrong- I might have done the same thing! Smile
I spoke to a representative today after reading your approach. If you fail you have to redo the course again and pay the fee but you can restart two minutes after failing.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
[-] The following 1 user Likes EI2HCB's post:
  • Kaskadian
EI2HCB Wrote:I spoke to a representative today after reading your approach. If you fail you have to redo the course again and pay the fee but you can restart two minutes after failing.

I just wanted to clarify this so it doesn't confuse anyone. If you fail the course(finish all assignments with a grade less then 70%) you will have to pay again.

As long as your overall score is >70% you can get a 0 on the final exam and you will pass the course.

You have to remember Straighterline is a business not your guidance counselor. If you can pass a course in one day, or finish the final exam in 12 minutes all SL cares about is getting the money for the service they offer you.
Arnold Fletcher Award

[-] The following 1 user Likes ironheadjack's post:
  • a2jc4life
It seems their representative doesn't know what they are talking about then. I'm sure if this is what you have experienced then that is what we should expect. It would mean being able to fly through courses of little interest. In Straighterline courses do you submit essays and assignments to a professor or are the courses based on multiple choice questions all the way through?
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 811 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 607 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  5 Random Questions [LOR, Pell, SNHU, etc] omicreativedev 5 743 01-07-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,053 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 864 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
  Straighterline Pharmacology 103 tyson14136 16 3,615 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,267 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk
  Course hero membership... Worth it for SL final exams? onmygo 2 3,879 03-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
Exclamation BS/BA Degree plan using ACE/Straighterline Credits breezy55 1 1,465 11-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question Straighterline Business Statistics Tips Bunii 3 2,694 07-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Bunii